WetWired

Batcave and Wayne Manor MOC

It's been a while since I've posted here, as you will see I've been busy. 

Now I think this is the largest LEGO Batcave in the world, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It took about a year and a half on and off and I can only guess somewhere between 50-100k pieces used. I honestly have no idea what the final number might be. 

It stands at a little over 2 meters tall. The pic with me in it for reference (I'm 6'4)

42056063654_e3d12a4305_b.jpg

0 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

It features a Wayne Manor on top, moving suit conveyor and rotating carousel for batmobiles down the bottom, integrated lighting and a bunch of little vignettes on the sides featuring villains and scenes from the history of Bat-lore

42056072054_55a3f2d2cd_b.jpg

45 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

42056065344_52b335e4ec_c.jpg

99 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

42773673911_d9a93568e1_b.jpg

9 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

41873003445_806f844e4c_b.jpg

26 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

28899879568_09b4635858_b.jpg

12 by Brent Waller, on Flickr

I've just posted a couple of pics as there's so many, If you want to see more check out the Flickr album

I'd recommend checking out the video walkthrough, I intend on doing a full commentary tour at some point soon too.

Edited by WetWired

Having taken a good long look I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this model is. This is probably THE defining Lego Batman creation, it has everything; an amazing level of detail, an incredible amount of easter eggs, an appropriate amount of humor and darkness and even includes functioning lights!

First up let me start by saying that Wayne Manor looks absolutely stunning, the architecture looks terrific and I like the use of the new blast pieces in the fountain area. I also really appreciate the inclusion of the graves of Thomas and Martha and the roses lying on top of them. Lastly I like that you added the well from what I assume to be Batman Begins and Alfred doing Bat-Laundry is great comic relief. I also like the cameo appearances of Ezio and Deadpool ;) 

As we go down things get even better; the Batcave looks amazing! I love how the area of the sliding pipes from the 1966 tv-show came out, looks great in contrast to the regular cave areas. I am a sucker for good Batman themed vehicles and all of yours look great! 

Finally as if that wasn't enough you also made some stunning side scenes to highlight some of Batman's defining moments and villains... my personal favorite has to be the Scarecrow induced Crime Alley hallucination while the Two-Face scene is a close second.

I am certain that the are many great things that I might have missed and will surely discover at a later time as I continue to go over these images but once again I wanted to applaud you for this amazing achievement, truly breathtaking!  

I am ridiculously jealous of your skill and the access to the sheer number of bricks  you have. A doffed cap and a salute to you, sir!

This is a most exquisitely gargantuan easter egg of a build! I first saw this exclusively featured over on The Brothers Brick blog just a few days ago and was quite awestruck! :thumbup: :oh:

By the way, does the Manor have an interior by any chance? :classic:

Awesome MOC. I really love your manor design. It looks really great and fine detailed! All thoose gothic ornaments does it!

There just aren't words to express how awesome this is! Im jealous of your talent and Lego budget! Great work and I look forward to seeing any future projects you have.

I have seen this build on Facebook and Brothers Brick.

A stunning build, unbelievable. :wub:

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Borex said:

Wow! This is what everybody wants to have in their house. Superb! Thanks for sharing! 

How those instructions looking lol. 

Just finished watching the video.

At the end @WetWired you mention the builds you worked on for the Lego Batman Movie.  I can put my hand up and say I am intrigued to see the other versions of the Batmobiles that were never used and the large batmoble flying carrier design.

Some viedos would be awesome!

The Beyond the brick video is basically just a rip of my original in depth look of the cave, so watch mine if you can :)

I keep meaning to do a video of my work on the lego batman movie but finding the time is another story, I keep making lego ideas projects :)

This is TOTALLY COOL! :wub:

What a huge masterpiece ...there're so many details, so many rooms, characters and lights! :wub_drool:

I love the house (castle) with so many plants and red flowers

I can't handle such a beauty! :thumbup: