Frostbricks

(MOC) Some Arcade machines I've been working on

This has been a slow project for me. The oldest machine here is coming up on it's fifth birthday. It started with wanting realistic cabinets/machines, at minifig scale, that I could add personalised decals too (Those are my illustrations on them).

Arcade machines

Next step is adding a pinball machine, which has been surprisingly difficult given the scale (if it is to be minifig scale, a slight tilt to the screen, thin legs, and allow for decals under the glass) And maybe a few machines (perhaps Afterburner, Virtual On and a motorcycle machine)  And then a building to bring them together (Not sure what shape that'll take)

Anyway, just wanted to share. And yeah, if you've got awesome takes on a pinball machine, I'd love to see 'em

Everything looks so perfect! These are amazing. Might look good in one of the upper floors of downtown diner until you get around to making a custom building.

These look great. I like the Claw Machine, Skee Ball, and Air Hockey table. I don't think I've seen those done so well in Lego before.

1 hour ago, tkatt said:

These look great. I like the Claw Machine, Skee Ball, and Air Hockey table. I don't think I've seen those done so well in Lego before.

Thankyou very much. I'm not sure the Claw Machine is that original (not copied, but a box with some glass and a claw, how else would you do it?) And I do need to give credit to a creator over on LEGO Ideas (currently in review) for the idea of the upside-down slope as part of the Skee Ball machine (Though very happy with how I got the back of that, as the real things are very thin at the back)

2 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

Everything looks so perfect! These are amazing. Might look good in one of the upper floors of downtown diner until you get around to making a custom building.

I had actually begun something like that,  I'd begun a Daily Bugle MOC, that needs something for the left side, but had this on the (below) diner on the right. And this might be the spark needed to that MOC properly.

All American Diner

Oh, And before the other two big questions/comments get asked - that's sugar sprinkles in the gumball machine (they're just minifig sized gumballs right?) And I don't have instructions for them yet. (No idea on the best way to share them)

Anyway, glad y'all like 'em, thankyou

I love that gumball machine, the Out Run cab is cool

An Atari Star Wars, upright or cockpit would also be a nice addition

if you need dimensions of a real pinball machine, just ask

Edited by Pop Bumper Pete

2 hours ago, Pop Bumper Pete said:

if you need dimensions of a real pinball machine, just ask

It's more than that. Ideally a Minifig can hold the button either side, which means two studs wide max. A large glass pane on the top, that also has a slight angle. Getting the legs skinny and sitting at the corners. There's quite a few challenges to overcome to make it 'right' and so far, it's been rather tricky.

Some nice machines there.

Wish I'd thought of the mini-bowling machine back when I did my shopping centre amusement arcade.

My pinball machine used tubing cut-offs for the buttons...

34569428695_60bec56cae_z.jpg

34528564786_2691483a88_z.jpg

34569455165_9ba8279207_z.jpg

34528566616_5d7681bf6d_z.jpg

34183781440_d4d58822b9_z.jpg

6 hours ago, SassQueen said:

Just saw this featured in brothers brick - I love them all!  How on earth do you get those stickers printed?!?

Thanks mate.

The stickers are my illustrations, made using Illustrator. Part of the trick was matching the LEGO colour palette. Then it was just a trip to my local print shop, printed them on standard paper, cut 'em out, and applied 'em with a glue stick. Very lo-fi, and minimum fuss.

Brilliant work @Frostbricks! Very inventive choice of pieces and layouts. It might have taken its time till it all came together, but the result just speaks for itself. Also congrats on being features at Brothers Brick - that's certainly deserved! ? ?

These are amazing! They are all instantly recognisable, I understand why these were featured on TBB... My favorite designs should be the racing and the dance machines. Indeed, it would be really nice to see these integrated into a modular. :classic: Keep it up! 

Advanced issues found

?
On 6/14/2018 at 10:29 AM, DigitalDreams said:

Some nice machines there.

Wish I'd thought of the mini-bowling machine back when I did my shopping centre amusement arcade.

My pinball machine used tubing cut-offs for the buttons...

34569428695_60bec56cae_z.jpg

34528564786_2691483a88_z.jpg

34569455165_9ba8279207_z.jpg

34528566616_5d7681bf6d_z.jpg

34183781440_d4d58822b9_z.jpg

That's super cool. I want something like that.

On 6/14/2018 at 4:31 AM, Frostbricks said:

This has been a slow project for me. The oldest machine here is coming up on it's fifth birthday. It started with wanting realistic cabinets/machines, at minifig scale, that I could add personalised decals too (Those are my illustrations on them).

Arcade machines

Next step is adding a pinball machine, which has been surprisingly difficult given the scale (if it is to be minifig scale, a slight tilt to the screen, thin legs, and allow for decals under the glass) And maybe a few machines (perhaps Afterburner, Virtual On and a motorcycle machine)  And then best ping pongs a building to bring them together (Not sure what shape that'll take)

Anyway, just wanted to share. And yeah, if you've got awesome takes on a pinball machine, I'd love to see 'em

I own an original mk3 cabinet in there is  umk3 rev1.1, its been giving me a hard time reset/glitchy graphics. I decided to switch it up with my mk3 board this board is working great just no sound?

I personally like it. Keep going!

On 6/13/2018 at 10:04 PM, Frostbricks said:

Thankyou very much. I'm not sure the Claw Machine is that original (not copied, but a box with some glass and a claw, how else would you do it?) And I do need to give credit to a creator over on LEGO Ideas (currently in review) for the idea of the upside-down slope as part of the Skee Ball machine (Though very happy with how I got the back of that, as the real things are very thin at the back)

I had actually begun something like that,  I'd begun a Daily Bugle MOC, that needs something for the left side, but had this on the (below) diner on the right. And this might be the spark needed to that MOC properly.

All American Diner

Oh, And before the other two big questions/comments get asked - that's sugar sprinkles in the gumball machine (they're just minifig sized gumballs right?) And I don't have instructions for them yet. (No idea on the best way to share them)

Anyway, glad y'all like 'em, thankyou

You should use the stools from the Downtown Diner.