Magma

[MOC] Classic Space - Welcome Home

Hi all.

I'd like to share a MOC I made over a year ago which I only just got around to photographing recently. 

Our fearless heroine on long range patrol, will she make it back?

41791236765_79571d7714_b.jpg919 CS Spaceship Right Side v1 by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

Of course she will! 

28850609898_26012ec8ca_c.jpgClassic Space Welcome Home - Front On by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

Close up

42724012651_84f67dcc47_c.jpgClassic Space Welcome Home - Close Up by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

Angle shot of base

28850608698_33f639ab66_c.jpgWelcome Home - Left Side by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

And I also had a bit of fun with photoediting... so here is an attempt at some box art. 

40881636270_85f8643322_c.jpg919 CS Spaceship Left Side Box Art by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

And here is a photo of the various sides of the spaceship itself:

28858782618_6945be5a15_c.jpgCS Spaceship Multiple Views by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

I had a lot of fun building this.  I wanted to do something with the new trans yellow windscreens (well new at the time anyway!) and built that area... and then built the engine... and then had to figure out how to connect them together!  I like how sleek it ended up.  I confess to swooshing it a few times... ;-)  I also played around with greebling on the underside and that turned out to be surprisingly tricky to do, my hat is off to those people who make it look effortless.   I referred to it as 919 mainly because it is closest to 918 -"One Man Spaceship", which is the largest Classic Space ship I had as a kid.  But I didn't set out to make an update to 918... I just wanted to build a Classic Space ship... :-)

Larger resolution pics available on flickr for those who like that kind of thing.

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking. 

So clean and classical in its shape! I like how you reserved all the grebbling typical of most Neo-Classic Space MOCs to the underside of this craft instead, which is nice to see for a change! :thumbup: :sweet:

I really enjoy these classic ships with all the smoothness on the top. Putting the grebbling on the underside adds a lot of detail without making it look distracting. Keep up the great work!

Very nice how you pull its retro-futuristic look off. Very Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon! :classic: The wings are maybe a bit too clean for my liking, but it certainly looks elegant, fast and smooth.:thumbup:

5 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I really enjoy these classic ships with all the smoothness on the top. Putting the grebbling on the underside adds a lot of detail without making it look distracting. Keep up the great work!

Exactly what I was going to say. 

Nice job Magma!

10 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Very nice how you pull its retro-futuristic look off. Very Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon! :classic:

I hadn't initially thought of it that way myself (me, of all people!); but, in retrospect, I guess you've got a point there, especially looking at its tailfin once again. :thumbup: :wink:

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I hadn't initially thought of it that way myself (me, of all people!); but, in retrospect, I guess you've got a point there, especially looking at its tailfin once again. :thumbup: :wink:

One can't see everything. I almost missed out on the underside, if it wasn't for your remark. So there is that :wink:

Thanks all,  I appreciate you taking the time to comment.  Glad you like it!  

On 6/13/2018 at 1:22 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Yes, it was a conscious decision - I wanted the ship to look fast but also wanted to imply some functionality so kept the greebles to the underside and around the engine.  Thanks for the positive words.