mccoyed

[PROLOGUE] Dead Drop (Arc 1, Build 2)

Previously...

Mars - 3187

A busy street in Brazos Valles...

40890641620_9db316f076_c.jpg

Koro and Blue have traveled back to Sol System after the events in Andromeda. The trail of Raven's bomber has long gone cold, leaving them to stew in a holding pattern while the suits figure out the next step for the company.

Brazos Valles is a busy mercantile city. The foot traffic is such that Koro can pass unnoticed. On a whim, he checks a public media terminal that used to be a KG dead-drop back when he had skin.

41982103384_ba16416488_c.jpg

Blue isn't far away. She's been watching Koro's back for months now and likes to be on hand even if he doesn't necessarily know it. Confirming something on her scanner, she makes a call.

29325387135_9aa8ed531c_t.jpg "Yes, I understand that I'm not due to check in for another three days. This is urgent. For some reason, he's checking an old drop. No, I don't know if there's anything actually there. Of course I will. Yes. Haven't I been doing that all this time? Yes, I did. I thought you might know and want me to intervene. All right, I'll check in as soon as I know."

41982108684_b517176e9c_c.jpg

Koro, meanwhile, can't believe his eyes. Not only is there a message waiting in the dead drop, it's about Raven's bombing!

He reads the message slowly. Then again. The dots start forming patterns in his head.

23227017305_cea418100f_t.jpg Motherbricker!

The trail's not cold anymore.

Bonuses and Builder's Notes:

Spoiler

Bonus Shots:

Beneath Blue's hiding place, a lunch date isn't going so well...

28826298648_ae06736267_c.jpg

Full rear shot:

40890648880_d8e7e4e44b_c.jpg

Alt angle front shots:

41982106944_10ac8bc81f_c.jpg

41982105364_78fe3a65b4_c.jpg

Notes:

-Should have included a closer look at the hoverbike. Oh well, next time.

-Couldn't think of a way to work the sushi place into the story, but I'm glad I built it as it adds something I think.

-Been wanting to do more cyberpunk stuff basically since I started building MOCs so it was fun to do a little of that again here. I try to do cyberpunk with Koro stuff when I can.

-That dude up by Blue's hiding place is lost in an oasis maybe?

Inspirational. The style and presentation all works and in such a small footprint too.

I love all the great little inclusions here, and there are a lot. The sushi place is wonderful, and the obi on the waitress' dress is probably my favorite. So simple but perfect; I'll definitely be borrowing that.