The Honda CR-Z is a sport compact hybrid electric automobile manufactured by Honda and marketed as a "sport hybrid coupe.The CR-Z combines a hybrid gasoline-electric powertrain with traditional sports car elements, most notably having a 2+2 seating arrangement and a standard 6-speed manual transmission. The CR-Z is regarded as the spiritual successor to the second generation Honda CR-X in both name and exterior design.

42642539262_71d0701583_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This is a special design and is a one off build. No instructions will be made of this car.

41973248604_7460447d53_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I worked with my client on the features and design of the car to ensure accuracy to the original car - the 2016 Honda CR-Z!

42553212632_b884f2441a_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - red hatchback by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This car sports 4wd, torsion bar suspension front and rear, working steering wheel, RC doors powered by 2 m-motors tucked into the Center console, opening trunk and hood, 4 cyl. In-line engine, 2 lipo batteries and 2 Sbricks, 4 light in the front, 2 light at the rear.

41791655745_5c71bcc222_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskBY38RU

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/loxlego

28818015838_61a06b1ed1_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

27822833767_1a7906bfdd_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

27822840857_564066566b_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

40882085460_11202f2a54_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

42691806931_cd0aae04ab_b.jpgHonda CR-Z - Drive it like you own it by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Car looks very nice! But for a commissioned project, all of that red tape or whatever it is doesn't look very professional. I think that you should have just primed and painted the parts with a nice flat red.

Looks good but as others have noted, that tape. The doors looks a bit odd to me as well, like they are bent on the hinges to lock closed. Still like it though just looks a bit rushed. 

I like it a lot! And I don't say this vary often. This is my favorite of yours. I especially like the nose, headlights, taillights and automatic doors. I like it more that the real car.

@Lox Lego I think you did a great job on this car. It looks fantastic but you should have painted the parts instead of tape. It would have looked so much better and permanent. That tape will not last too long. Besides that the features of this car are awesome man. Until next time.

@Lox Lego you did an excellent job on a car which is not normally the type of car you would build.  Nice touch with the chrome pedals and some great photos!  That was quite brave driving the car the car at the top of the ramp!  @1:30 I thought it was about to go off the ledge :laugh:

Is this your first 4WD?  If so, congrats!

2 hours ago, Meatman said:

Car looks very nice! But for a commissioned project, all of that red tape or whatever it is doesn't look very professional. I think that you should have just primed and painted the parts with a nice flat red.

15 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

@Lox Lego I think you did a great job on this car. It looks fantastic but you should have painted the parts instead of tape. It would have looked so much better and permanent. That tape will not last too long. Besides that the features of this car are awesome man. Until next time.

Have you considered that he didn't paint the panels because @Lox Lego doesn't want to paint his parts??  Just because it is a commissioned build doesn't mean he is shipping the car to the buyer.  If it was me, I would have done the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

@Lox Lego you did an excellent job on a car which is not normally the type of car you would build.  Nice touch with the chrome pedals and some great photos!  That was quite brave driving the car the car at the top of the ramp!  @1:30 I thought it was about to go off the ledge :laugh:

Is this your first 4WD?  If so, congrats!

Have you considered that he didn't paint the panels because @Lox Lego doesn't want to paint his parts??  Just because it is a commissioned build doesn't mean he is shipping the car to the buyer.  If it was me, I would have done the exact same thing.

Not sure what you are even talking about or what shipping the car to the buyer has anything to do with anything. The tape is cut crooked, is peeling, and and looks horrible. If you are advertising yourself about your commissioned models, they should look professional, and this one does not because of that inconsistent wrapping. Even the tape on the sides of the headlights looks rough.

Edited by Meatman

Another good build. Personally, I like the use of the tape, if it was my model, I'd use the tape too, so I can take it off and reuse the parts.

@Lox Lego When I first read the topic, I saw your name and "Honda." And I immediately thought you were doing a Type-R. :laugh: I'd like to see you make one in the future, if you're interested.

17 hours ago, LvdH said:

Very nice build man! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot @LvdH!! 

17 hours ago, Horace T said:

I like it. Is that red tape I see on the bonnet and roof?

H

Yes that’s tape. I just added it to show what full red will look like as the owner will paint the parts, and I will not. 

13 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looks good but as others have noted, that tape. The doors looks a bit odd to me as well, like they are bent on the hinges to lock closed. Still like it though just looks a bit rushed. 

The doors are on multiple hinges and due to the weight of the door it goes low sometimes. That’s why I placed that small panel at the back of the door to help it slide into place when it closes. 

11 hours ago, pagicence said:

I like it a lot! And I don't say this vary often. This is my favorite of yours. I especially like the nose, headlights, taillights and automatic doors. I like it more that the real car.

Wow thanks man! The client was quite excited about it too ?

7 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Awesome looking build! The shaping looks spot on!

Right on, thanks :)

9 hours ago, Meatman said:

Not sure what you are even talking about or what shipping the car to the buyer has anything to do with anything. The tape is cut crooked, is peeling, and and looks horrible. If you are advertising yourself about your commissioned models, they should look professional, and this one does not because of that inconsistent wrapping. Even the tape on the sides of the headlights looks rough.

Hey meat man! If someone happens to want a car designed, and we have agreed upon certain terms, then I work to the requests of the customer. Also, I can keep my black curved panels in black and all is well ?

7 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Another good build. Personally, I like the use of the tape, if it was my model, I'd use the tape too, so I can take it off and reuse the parts.

@Lox Lego When I first read the topic, I saw your name and "Honda." And I immediately thought you were doing a Type-R. :laugh: I'd like to see you make one in the future, if you're interested.

Thanks Leonardo! Nice to see someone understands the tape. I feel if I painted it folks would be not ok with that. Anyway, had a blast building this car and plan on designing many more. 

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

The doors are on multiple hinges and due to the weight of the door it goes low sometimes. That’s why I placed that small panel at the back of the door to help it slide into place when it closes. 

Hey meat man! If someone happens to want a car designed, and we have agreed upon certain terms, then I work to the requests of the customer. Also, I can keep my black curved panels in black and all is well ?

Worked out pretty good considering all the thought and pieces required. Just think it looks a little odd being slightly pushed up, although it does seem to add to the shaping of the bodywork. Trade-offs we just have to deal with in LEGO technic. 

If the client is happy then all is well, sometimes they just don't care to pay for things to be done right. I get this in my remodeling business all the time, the customer can only see dollar signs and cuts corners everywhere possible, resulting in a substandard product occasionally. 

Anyway I do like most of your creations and always look for solutions for my MOCs in yours. Keep up the great work.