Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

REVIEW: 75209 Han Solo's Landspeeder

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

This is the first review which i am going to do from the LEGO SOLO: A Star Wars Story. I haven't watched the movie yet and was feeling pretty excited after viewing the movie trailer too. I will plan to watch this movie soon, so rest assured that this review will contain nil spoilers. This review will be done in a different fashion and it will be kind of concise with about a total of 12 images in this presentation. This is because I had bought many sets earlier and deboxed them from overseas.

More importantly, I need to highlight that I had finished building this set before I do this review for photo taking. There will be some other reviews which I had planned to be carried out in such a manner and I am experimenting to omit the building process for each packets for example. Not sure what will the outcome be, but do leave your thoughts and feedback whether you love this new reviewing style or do you prefer the lengthy version? Without further ado, allow me to bring you again into the Star Wars Universe. 

Name: 75209 Han Solo's Landspeeder
Theme: LEGO System / Licensed / Star Wars / SOLO: A Star Wars Story
Year: 2018
Pieces: 345
Minifigs: 2 minifigures and 1 Corellian Hound
Price: USD 29.99, GBP 25.99, EURO 29.99, SGD 59.90
Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original box image of the 75209 Han Solo's Landspeeder
27808174467_2345259c0a_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original box image of the 75209 Han Solo's Landspeeder
40867750260_aceb0e0af2_o_d.jpg

The sleek ultra fast Landspeeder in the Galaxy
27808175407_8923e9792d_o_d.jpg

When I first saw this set, I had laid my eyes on it and make it a point to get it as soon as I can. Among the many LEGO Landspeeders being released, this is my personal favourite design due to its ultra sleek navy blue appearance with tons of machinery details laying out. I enjoyed this built very much plus the fact there's a high degree of playability. I also glad to note there's nil stickers in this set. 

Han Solo and Qi'ra minifigures, plus a Corellian Hound
27808173517_f3e3990758_o_d.jpg
This set contain two excellent well designed minifgures namely Han Solo and Qi'ra. Both of the minifigures contain alternate expression which reveal their aggressive looks.  People are familiar with the name of Han Solo was a smuggler who became a leader in the Rebel Alliance to restore the Republic and a key leading figure in the defeat of the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. Qi'ra was from the planet Corellia who lived during the reign of the Galactic Empire. She grew up on the streets along with Han Solo before working for the Crimson Dawn gang. She was first introduced in this movie. The Corellian hound was a type of hound from the planet Corellia. A fleet-footed, loud-barking, highly aggressive species. These hounds were used for attack and tracking. 

Different views of the completed built of M-68 Landspeeder
27808175247_abd5aa5a50_o_d.jpg
Check out the various vantage views and angles of this awesome landspeeder which is capable of seating two passengers comfortably. Han Solo's Landspeeder is also known as Mobquet (M-68 Landspeeder) which is the name for the build and model. No one really knows how Han Solo got this piece of sleek landspeeder in his possession and my guess is his hot-wiring skills made it possible. The M-68 Landspeeder is a high performance land vehicle. It is capable of lifting off the ground by a repulsorfield, while propulsion thrusters push the vehicle forward. Each thruster has a variable exhaust nozzle that shapes and direct thrusts and lets the pilot spin the vehicle at high speeds. The repulsorfield also works as a traction field for better control. To take it so much power, it ought to have a very reliable cooling system in place and the cooling fan does the magic for the repulsion generator. You can take a overview look after removing the landspeeder's bonnet which include a spanner to keep for repairs. 

The built is excellent and compact. I am fond of the whole colour schema and my only complaint is the rear of the smooth spoiler which reduces the air drag. I am not particularly fond of the light grey angular plate piece. It is quite an eyesore and I wish it can be either black or just match with the same intended colour. Past landspeeder designs do not contain wheels below to allow it to move smoothly and making it appear is hovering around. That is definitely a welcoming feature under playability.  It also come 2 spring-loaded shooters as well. 

Different comparisons of recent official Landspeeders
40867750930_e95112e36d_o_d.jpg

I owe you nothing, so get lost!
40867749870_5258a2a28e_o_d.jpg

To conclude, this is an above average LEGO Star Wars set and I bought them for the design, minifigures (different variants of Han Solo) and the Corellian hound. It has high playability feature and contain nil stickers in place of printed parts. This set is accompanied together with the 75210 Moloch's Landspeeder for the chase scene which I had bought it as well and may have plans for a future review too. The local price is too expensive and I am glad to buy this at an offer from overseas.  

Summary review
Playability: 9/10 (Fun and enjoyable landspeeder with great playability especially the wheels below to create the hovering effect)
Design: 9/10 (Great minifigures designs and nice landspeeder design with a very minor flaw.)
Price: 7/10 (Quite expensive but do get it when is on sales.)
Overall: 9/10 (Enjoyed this set very much and the whole colour scheme and as I type this review, this model is placed nicely in front of me)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours? (Star Wars poll function is still broken and I exclude the poll in this review). 

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

It is a pretty nice set, although slightly too long from what I can tell.

I think they should've used a black bracket on the spoiler instead of grey, the grey looks strange and stands out.

On 10/06/2018 at 3:43 AM, Calanon said:

I think they should've used a black bracket on the spoiler instead of grey, the grey looks strange and stands out.

Yes as you had indeed rightfully pointed out and I agreed with it. 

41 minutes ago, fleetwoodd said:

9/10, 9/10, 7/10, 9/10 - shouldn't the overall score be an 8? It seems a little random to give something a 6.

It is a typo. It ought to be 5 for my scoring which refer to excellent. In this case, the SW Forum poll is still broken. Thanks for pointing out.