JopieK

Powered Up - A tear down...

1 minute ago, Lok24 said:

Of course you can add numbers to hub numbers.  Otherwise my programs woulnd't work, as the numbers start with 0.

And as you see there are three values for %-values to change color.

I think that we aren't talking about the same.

The 3 %-values are probably for the different LED colors (R, G, B).

The colors are obviously predefined, and you can enter %-values, as shown in the block.

So the "plug"-function should deliver some numerical value to change the color accordingly.

Edited by Lok24

- Привет вам! Скажите мне, могу ли я подключить 8 AA 1.2 V к HUB 4.0? выход составляет 11,2 в при полной зарядке.

13 hours ago, Roman69 said:

- Привет вам! Скажите мне, могу ли я подключить 8 AA 1.2 V к HUB 4.0? выход составляет 11,2 в при полной зарядке.

Maybe in English?

Edited by coinoperator

The motor drivers in the hub (LB1836M) have a max voltage of 10.5 V as far as I know

Hi, some  issues:

1.) Just tried to activate a WeDo Color Sensor on some Hubs: nothing
The tilt sensor works.Is it just my sensor or something in the system?

2.) No technic Motor on move hub, neither Boost-App nor Powered Up-App ?

3.) Handheld connects only to one of me move hubs (both FW 2.0.00.0017), and pressing A+ moves motor C?

Anyone there with similar probs?

Edited by Lok24

34 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

Hi, some  issues:

1.) Just tried to activate a WeDo Color Sensor on some Hubs: nothing
The tilt sensor works.Is it just my sensor or something in the system?

3.) Handheld connects only to one of me move hubs (both FW 2.0.00.0017), and pressing A+ moves motor C?

Anyone there with similar probs?

1) I have no wedo sensor
2) I can confirm that. But I think that the problem already was there before the latest PUP App update and there was no firmware update for the Move hub with 3.0.0
3) My Move hub doesn't connect to my handheld

22 minutes ago, Roman69 said:

Tell me, how many amps can be applied to the hub?

Motor driver inside hubs is current limited to a fairly low value (400mA continuous). So using 0.7/0.8 A per port is really safe. 1.5A for a pup hub, 3A for a C+ one.

4 hours ago, Lok24 said:

Technic motors (L and XL) are not working with the move hub in BrickController2 too, so it seems to be a hardware and/or firmware limitation. The medium motors (from the batmobile) are working with it though.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:55 PM, Lebostein said:

Hm... very strange. At the moment I see no option to run a Technic-Motor on the Technic-Hub!! I purchased the Hub and two motors (XL,L) on Bricklink. The Control+App is useless, there is no "Standalone"-Mode to run or configure the motors for an own model or MOC. The App is only useful If you have the Liebherr and all Motors are connected to the provided slots...

Hello, see connection diagramm,in picture below, maybe this is usefull.

connection-diagram-300x145.jpg

But aren't those resistors' values and the pins they're connected to meant to identify the kind of peripheral and thus how the hub handles it?

You can use the Powered Up-App to run technic motors on the technic hub or Smart hub.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, jhlee said:

hi i found the picture of the internal scene of new hub, thanks to share it and i have one more question, do you have the picture of lego new L and XL motor's inside picture?

i tried to message you but that service was not available

have a nice day~

The two 3*2 contacts rows in top left, and lower right corner , seem to be the JTAG deg/flash ports of STM and TI microcontroller.

Please note that they have used an ordinary STM32 Microcontroller + TI Controller for wireless communication.

It makes me wonder why the did not used something like https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32wb-series.html

36 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

But aren't those resistors' values and the pins they're connected to meant to identify the kind of peripheral and thus how the hub handles it?

Yes they are, but only for "dumb" motors (M-motor, train motor, LEDs). Control+ or Boost motors are identified through serial link protocol. See https://philohome.com/wedo2reverse/connect.htm and https://philohome.com/wedo2reverse/protocol.htm

On 1/3/2020 at 7:45 PM, Philo said:

Hello,

besides the fact  what is the current output limitations of the iven LEGO Hubs,  do you have any information /idea what is the maximum allowed current rating for wire , plug, socket contats , thanks in advance. 

I ask, because someone may have the idea to build an compatible Technic Hub on his own ;-)

Marc

4 minutes ago, ruppie said:

maximum allowed current rating for wire , plug, socket contats

We could derive max wire current from its gauge (this is probably the highest rating of all the things that could limit current), but as plugs and sockets are custom, it's impossible to get manufacturer data... and I don't know how to "safely" measure that :(

On 1/3/2020 at 7:10 PM, ruppie said:

The two 3*2 contacts rows in top left, and lower right corner , seem to be the JTAG deg/flash ports of STM and TI microcontroller.

Correct, just for the sake of clarity, quite the opposite.

Top left - J10 -  is for the CC2640R2F, the TI bluetooth controller
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2640r2f.pdf
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/swcu117h/swcu117h.pdf  (for JTAG details)

I did an attempt to understand it a bit more, see the schema. Hope it helps. 
I have no idea on the STM32 JTAG connector's pinout (J8).

My 2 cents!

CC2640_ControlPlus_small.jpg

On 8/10/2019 at 8:39 AM, GianCann said:

There is a n.4 chip signed ad H25 02 27 x842 (each for single output port) but i don't sure what features they implement. (maybe they are dropdown linear regulator?)

Ciao GanCann, 

accordingly with @Philo they are

Conditionning chip for IO connectors pin 5/6. Exact function yet to be determined. Powered from +3.3V_CPU

Thanks to some research I've found this post https://bricks.stackexchange.com/questions/10257/what-electronics-are-inside-the-lego-powered-up-hub

where the author identifies the H25 chips as Dual buffer/line driver; 3-state CMOS level (one per channel, starting with the Powered-UP series)  74HC2G125
https://assets.nexperia.com/documents/data-sheet/74HC_HCT2G125.pdf

From this source: Both digital buffers and tri-state buffers can be used to provide voltage or current amplification driving much high loads such as relays, lamps or power transistors than with conventional logic gates. But a buffer can also be used to provide electrical isolation between two or more circuits. 

Hope it helps!

11 minutes ago, brickvan said:

(..)

where the author identifies the H25 chips as Dual buffer/line driver; 3-state CMOS level (one per channel, starting with the Powered-UP series)  74HC2G125
(...)

Hope it helps!

Thank you so much ;)

On 1/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, Philo said:

We could derive max wire current from its gauge (this is probably the highest rating of all the things that could limit current), but as plugs and sockets are custom, it's impossible to get manufacturer data... and I don't know how to "safely" measure that :(

Just an idea, wouldn't that be anyway correct to consider they're limited anyway to the max absolute ratings of the LB1836 motor driver which allows 1A per channel?  To be honest, way less, as you identified the fuse on the wedo to be a 1.5A fuse.. :) so considering this and the board own consumption this is probably designed for a max of 0.6-0.7A per channel?)

16 minutes ago, brickvan said:

Makes sense... thanks!

1 minute ago, brickvan said:

Just an idea, wouldn't that be anyway correct to consider they're limited anyway to the max absolute ratings of the LB1836 motor driver which allows 1A per channel?  To be honest, way less, as you identified the fuse on the wedo to be a 1.5A fuse.. :) so considering this and the board own consumption this is probably designed for a max of 0.6-0.7A per channel?)

Yes, but if you build your own controller you can used a much more capable motor driver... then physical limits of the connector are important to know ;)

Hi all,

there are some issues that I can't explain, perhaps someone can confirm...

Here is a very small program with the poweredUp App:

poweredUpprog.jpg

Running perfect on technic hub and move hub

On smart hub motor starts and then moves continuously with constant v, even when program is stopped with the red button.
Often connection is lost after some seconds.
Spooky.

Edited by Lok24