hallidaynick

BR Class 8 Shunter

hey all, I would like to show you my BR class 8 diesel shunter in BR black livery. 8 wide design plus little bits here and there outside of that, 25 studs long body plus buffers. 3 large PF motors a battery box and sbrick under the hood. It has dual ended inbuilt decouplers. So shunter with this bad boy is gonna be awesome. Geared down to ensure slower movement around the yard also.

http://28744940828_3eeb518966_b.jpgShunter by Nicholas Halliday, on Flickr

Hope you like it. I'll try to find someone with a good camera and lighting to get some good pics to post to Flickr. Let me know what you think.

Sweet! Love the BR class 08 shunter, and this is an awesome recreation! I'd love to see a video of the on-board decouplers in action. Thumbs up!

Excellent work! This is one of the better representations of this popular prototype in my opinion, certainly aided by the width. I can't wait to see it in action, especially with decouplers at both ends. Interesting use of SBrick too; I think this is one of the first times I've seen it used in a locomotive, and it makes perfect sense for this model. Good job overall.

By the way, your flickr link doesn't seem to work.

I like it, and am looking forward to seeing the decoupler and propulsion mechanisms if possible. Will we see it running?

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, baard said:

I like it, and am looking forward to seeing the decoupler and propulsion mechanisms if possible. Will we see it running?

Thanks, 

It was based on the concept on your flickr (provided you are who I think you are :) ), I would love to share it with you and work out a couple of things I would like to do better, if you have the time and are keen. If you could send me a message that would be awesome.

Nick