obijon

[MOC] MINI Kessel run Millennium Falcon (Solo)

Hi again everyone

To celebrate the recent release of Solo (i must admit I have not seen it yet) I decided to build a Millennium Falcon in its honour.  I decided to base it on the MINI model which came with the Lego Star Wars magazine:

FalconMagazine.JPG.58fe7b6be99cb33fd70cf5bd74b0396c.JPG

But in true Lando fashion I decided to pimp his ride back to the state it was in before Han got his grubby mits on her.  The original model is a nice size for a mini with the saucer section six studs wide.  8 studs and you start getting a much larger model.  I have changed it to white with blue, changed the radar dish to be flat, changed the gun and added the cargo pod at the front as well as a few other changes which add a bit more shape to the back section.

kesselfalcon1.jpgkesselfalcon2.jpgkesselfalcon3.jpgkesselfalcon4.jpgkesselfalcon5.jpg

and as usual on display with Lando planets styling and profiling:

kesselfalcondisplay.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Jon

thanks.  I can't take all the credit as the basic framework was already in place in the magazine model.

Very nice! It seems to work really well at that scale. There’s an unusual cone that might suit the cockpit better, I know I’ve got a couple in white but I think they’re known as ‘fez’ cones on Bricklink?

thanks again.

I did look at the Fez piece and I may have used it if it came in light grey as well. I may also have added a 1x1 round trans-black tile or plate to the end. 

However, I didn't want to have different cockpits on the 2 falcon models (magazine and kessel run) and on the Outrider which I am working on using similar building style, so I settled with the trans-black cone to be consistent across the fleet. :wink:

Are you listening Lego? Light bluish grey fez pieces please! :laugh:

Nice work! I like the interpretation and the details like the single gun replacing the quad guns - but the cherry on top is that custom label for the display plate! 

Thanks again. As for the label you have probably all guessed by now I am a fan of the planets sets!