Robert8

LEGO Sci-Fi 2019 Pictures and Rumors

I wish he had a specific character printed on that board, instead of just a random LEGO minifigure smiling. I mean, good luck finding that guy lol

Maybe the S7 Galaxy Patrol or the S6 Intergalactic Girl could have been there. Or even better, a foreshadowing of a upcoming SciFi character from Series 20

But other than that, this is just excellent. Probably the best one of the series

On 8/1/2019 at 7:38 PM, Artanis I said:

Blacktron bounty hunter... lore fail 

How so? :look:

On 8/5/2019 at 8:27 PM, Robert8 said:

How so? :look:

Argument: Blacktron are criminals and would not work with law enforcement.

Counterargument: They could work outside the law for crime lords a'la Boba Fett working for Jabba the Hutt. 

22 minutes ago, danth said:

Argument: Blacktron are criminals and would not work with law enforcement.

Counterargument: They could work outside the law for crime lords a'la Boba Fett working for Jabba the Hutt. 

Both of those can work.

To me a Bounty Hunter is mostly someone who works outside of any organization and more like a standalone operative.

This one might just happened to have Blacktron 1 support, maybe just to get easier access to spaceships/armor/weapons.

Especially in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi sense and not modern US Bail Bonds related practices.

Maybe space has some remote areas with not-so unified Space Police, Sci-Fi genre tends to have some backwater planets with shady deals going on, to me that's the beauty of not needing a huge Canon backstory to the older Space themes.

Edited by TeriXeri

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, danth said:

I like the parts more than the build for the spaceship. Colored windscreens would have made it something special. I can get boring light trans blue in City sets.

That Benny though. That Benny is irresistible.  

Not sure what I like more. The crazy Classic Space torso, the sunglasses, or the face print.

I'm a big fan of the ship. it is maybe too close to the DC Superheroes black manta sub in form. but it also scratches a decades old itch from not getting the spyrius twin cockpit ship?

definitely a teal lovers pack. also, potentially the last set ever to include a minifig and minidoll together.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:50 PM, danth said:

That is glorious. Can't wait to snag one of those (or ten)!

On 8/1/2019 at 2:06 PM, Robert8 said:

But other than that, this is just excellent. Probably the best one of the series

On 8/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, Artanis I said:

Blacktron bounty hunter... lore fail, but awesome minifig!!!

On 8/2/2019 at 5:27 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

My favorite part might be the "wanted built or broken" :laugh:

An early review of the Series from The Brick Shack has finally unmasked the figure!!! :oh:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

An early review of the Series from The Brick Shack has finally unmasked the figure!!! :oh:

Hmm...the face looks kinda crappy. Maybe another failure to print light colors over dark pieces. 

Also how hilarious would it have been to see the classic smiley under that helmet!

19 minutes ago, danth said:

Hmm...the face looks kinda crappy. Maybe another failure to print light colors over dark pieces. 

I really don't get why they have so much problems with it now, when a character like Moltor or the Lava Scurrier looked amazingly vibrant, and that was yellow/orange on black.

I don't know what color this Blacktron guy is supposed to be, but right now that looks like a grey/pink "alien" race.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, danth said:

As @Robert8 had noted over on the Series 19 Discussion topic, there seems to have been a change in color scheme for the CMF... :distressed:

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmmmmmmmm :look:

This isn't the same guy

66444627_2342703539149046_8688693919803235186_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.comlego-71025-kopfgeldjaeger.jpg

I just won't go off renders and box arts as easily anymore, as the differences seem to be getting bigger for now.

The white 2019 City Space Cockpits are just one of the other big examples out there, they look fine on their artwork, but not in reality.

Just now, TeriXeri said:

The white 2019 City Space Cockpits are just one of the other big examples out there, they look fine on their artwork, but not in reality.

Except in this case, we may also be seeing a possible change in outright color scheme rather than just solely inadequate printing. 

Best case scenario would be if the guy exists in 2 different versions, because I like the render better. 

Im waiting for other "bag opening" videos to see if anyone gets the render version.

If the render version does not exist it would be a damn shame

CM4Sci is trying to find out what's up with this so we'll get the aswer soon

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Except in this case, we may also be seeing a possible change in outright color scheme rather than just solely inadequate printing. 

I know, but overall, a very strange case if the final packaging still shows the renders by the time it's hitting the stores and not just this "early" single video.

21 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Best case scenario would be if the guy exists in 2 different versions, because I like the render better. 

Im waiting for other "bag opening" videos to see if anyone gets the render version.

If the render version does not exist it would be a damn shame

Fingers crossed right here, as I'm in the same boat. I mean, this will be the Collectable Minifigure theme's third CMF referencing Blacktron, and I'd find it rather redundant if they had gone and given us another entry laced with Blacktron II's green color hallmarks. :sceptic: 

Besides, the Yellow and Dark Red accents the render shares just look a whole lot more Rinzler. :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I actually like both versions, but one of them is 1000x cooler...

And that face looks like a putrified TIE pilot

I still have hope because even the leaflet shows him as the Blacktron I version

10 hours ago, Artanis I said:

I actually like both versions, but one of them is 1000x cooler...

And that face looks like a putrified TIE pilot

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I still have hope because even the leaflet shows him as the Blacktron I version

Here's a better image of the unmasked Bounty Hunter, and I'm sorry to say his torso's still the same... :look:

30 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm sorry to say his torso's still the same... :look:

The colors are completely different... and that ruins the minifig for me :(

Face print isn't so bad, just something unexpected.

I can understand if it's meant to be like a hired alien species that works for Blacktron I or bought their equipment with the cash from those bounties.

Star Wars bounty hunters are all sorts of species as well.

To me this still does not mean that all Blacktron I are suddenly blueish/pink aliens, but that's open to personal interpretation.

I know LEGO used yellow smiley faces for Space figures up to 1991, 1992 Space Police 2 figures had communication equipment on their faceprint, and different colored heads came with 1994 Spyrius (robot heads), and 1997 UFO and 1998 Insectoids took colored heads even further.

Edited by TeriXeri