Robert8

LEGO Sci-Fi 2019 Pictures and Rumors

37 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

While minifig-focused sets with like 10+ figures have existed before purely focused on City Jobs/Space or Fantasy minifigures, in recent years, that was only seen in the Education theme.

The fact that this exists beside the regular "Fun in the xxx" set just might increase the chances of this becoming more then a 1-time thing.

While the "Fun in the xxx" focuses mostly on regular people, they can use those job-focused people packs for other Subthemes.

Ah, I see! :thumbup: :classic:

39 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

LEGO has had Chess sets for Pirates and Castle before, and also have been seen in Education sets, so the idea of a People Pack outside of City might not be so strange either. (with less duplicates)

Heh, perhaps even a theme like Ninjago could see a people/denizen pack in the near future. :shrug_oh_well:

On 4/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Is it perhaps what seems to be a Sand Blue Classic Spaceman in the box art's background? *huh*

That's not what I'm seeing.  Sand blue, sure, but Classic Spaceman?  Not so much.

Just now, x105Black said:

That's not what I'm seeing.  Sand blue, sure, but Classic Spaceman?  Not so much.

It's that new space logo from the new theme :(

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

It's that new space logo from the new theme :(

Hmmmm, well, maybe that is indeed the case the closer I scrutinize what small resolution images there are. :sceptic:

Just saw a comment on Facebook pointing out a new-yet-not-new printed element in the Boost Droid Commander set: Check out that vent on R2-D2's right side…

hero_image_tall1.jpg?l.r=1987556329

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Just saw a comment on Facebook pointing out a new-yet-not-new printed element in the Boost Droid Commander set: Check out that vent on R2-D2's right side…

Looks like a Classic Space grille 

3039p05.png

Slope 45 2 x 2 with Black Grille Pattern

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3039p05#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

First seen in  blue (1984) 6951-1.png 

And white (1986) 6783-1.jpg

Not sure why they brought that specific print back, because R2-D2 only has 6 vents, and not 7 , unless the Classic Space speculation can begin :shrug_confused:

I know the piece has been used in non city sets like the Santa Fe train in 2002, but one can hope right.

But then again, it's LEGO and the number of vents has varied on the "minifig" scale R2-D2. between 3, 5 and 6.

Just fun browsing around some Bricklink for clues.

Edited by TeriXeri

47 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Not sure why they brought that specific print back, because R2-D2 only has 6 vents, and not 7 , unless the Classic Space speculation can begin :shrug_confused:

I think it was mainly just a fun easter egg/bonus the designers threw in for AFOLs. After all, one of the main Boost designers, Carl Merriam, is himself an AFOL. Of course, it's possible LEGO might plan to reuse it in a future LEGO Movie 2 set or some other Classic Space throwback.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

I think it was mainly just a fun easter egg/bonus the designers threw in for AFOLs. After all, one of the main Boost designers, Carl Merriam, is himself an AFOL. Of course, it's possible LEGO might plan to reuse it in a future LEGO Movie 2 set or some other Classic Space throwback.

Well, for me, I'm particularly excited for the new 4x4 quarter dome brick this set introduces! :thumbup: :grin:

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for me, I'm particularly excited for the new 4x4 quarter dome brick this set introduces! :thumbup: :grin:

Same! I tend to work with curved elements a lot in my building so more variety is always great, particularly when it matches the radius of so many already existing elements!

On 3/29/2019 at 2:37 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

So, anyone here planning on reusing Mysterio's/Mr. Freeze's new fishbowl helmet for a '50s-style Spaceman? :shrug_oh_well:

LEGO-Batman-80th-Anniversary-76118-Mr.-Freeze-Batcycle-Battle-1024x474.jpg

What's this Batman set? I can't find it on Bricklink.

15 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

What's this Batman set? I can't find it on Bricklink.

It is not released yet. It's set 76118