Robert8

LEGO Sci-Fi 2019 Pictures and Rumors

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a better image of the unmasked Bounty Hunter, and I'm sorry to say his torso's still the same... :look:

Wow, even the torso printing looks absolutely awful. Either that's a knock off or Lego has given up. 

17 minutes ago, danth said:

Wow, even the torso printing looks absolutely awful. Either that's a knock off or Lego has given up. 

Yeah, it does look really weird compared to the render.

It's almost as if the render really made the colors bright but didn't show much metallic paint except striped highlights, and a very dark greyish fill-in on the helm/torso/bottom leg areas, but the actual printing used some much brighter metallic print which really killed the colors, leading to a very different design, due to the reflections it causes.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, danth said:

Another pic. 

Huh, alright, the yellow accents at least look a little better there; but, the same can't be said for the Dark Red (which maybe you can barely see a hint of). Plus, he still has Titanium Metallic overlaying the Black, something that was non-existent on the render from all appearances. :sceptic:

Like most, I think the renders are much better. Really looks like a different figure.

Not sure I care for the face print. Oddly enough for as much as I dislike the Nexo knights theme, I did incorporate the black/neon-green Blacktron (but not really?) figures into my collection. So now a fifth of my blactron figures have white faces, which I kind of dig.

I guess I'm the only one who likes the actual version better.... Of course it might be the fact that the faction I use my Blacktron figures as an elite special operations force for, has a similar color scheme already, what with me managing to get like 30 or so of the Yellow Jacket's torso that I ended up using as the Marine Corps for that same faction, so these guys will definitely go great for general enlisted versions of the Blacktron Elites.  I'm also going to see about getting more of the helmets on BrickLink or via Build A Minifig, whenever they get added to that, so I can retrofit all my existing Blacktron troops with the new helmet (because, while the '80s black crash helmet with black visor is rather iconic and was super cool back in the day, it's definitely looking a bit dated now, especially when the rest of said faction uses BrickArms & Brick Warriors helmets.

Edited by Laura Beinbrech

5 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

I guess I'm the only one who likes the actual version better... Of course it might be the fact that the faction I use my Blacktron figures as an elite special operations force for, has a similar color scheme already, what with me managing to get like 30 or so of the Yellow Jacket's torso that I ended up using as the Marine Corps for that same faction, so these guys will definitely go great for general enlisted versions of the Blacktron Elites.  I'm also going to see about getting more of the helmets on BrickLink or via Build A Minifig, whenever they get added to that, so I can retrofit all my existing Blacktron troops with the new helmet (because, while the '80s black crash helmet with black visor is rather iconic and was super cool back in the day, it's definitely looking a bit dated now, especially when the rest of said faction uses BrickArms & Brick Warriors helmets.

Ah, I can see how the Bounty Hunter's Titanium Metallic visored helmet would pair well with those Yellow Jacket torsos. :thumbup: :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

With the amount of re-colored fig parts showing up in Build a Figure, my hope is that maybe we can get a color variation of the bounty hunter soon. (in fact, if it was up to me, Build a Figure would be nothing but color variations)

ALSO.. just to add to the Blacktron conversation... I assume that everyone assumes BlackTron is "Bad" because they are clearly being arrested by the "Space Police" is some early sets. But who really gave these supposed "Space Police" the authority to arrest people? 

19 hours ago, Gomek said:

With the amount of re-colored fig parts showing up in Build a Figure, my hope is that maybe we can get a color variation of the bounty hunter soon. (in fact, if it was up to me, Build a Figure would be nothing but color variations)

ALSO.. just to add to the Blacktron conversation... I assume that everyone assumes BlackTron is "Bad" because they are clearly being arrested by the "Space Police" is some early sets. But who really gave these supposed "Space Police" the authority to arrest people? 

I actually got Blacktron & Futuron sets when they first came out, the year BEFORE even the first generation of Space Police was even revealed (of course, they didn't have the internet with it's endless leaks & speculation threads back in 1988, so generally the first anyone had any idea of what was coming out was when the December Shop at Home catalog arrived, but I digress).  My brother & I still had the Blacktron as our primary antagonists, due to the resemblance of the printing on their torsos to the Imperial TIE fighter pilots or Darth Vader (in fact, my brother & I came up with a custom Darth Vader figure using a Blacktron I torso & the one type of castle helmet with the flared neck guard & nose guard, with a custom made paper insert for his face mask a good 10 years before Lego Star Wars was even a blip on the horizon), as well as the overall villainous color scheme on their ships.  This was perfect, since we were also using the Futuron faction, with the vague resemblance of its sort of upgraded Classic Space-type torsos to the Next Generation type Federation uniforms as a stand-in for the United Federation of Planets (yeah, we were both pretty big Trekkies at one point)...  Over time they sort of evolved into the elite troops under Dr. Regis Blackgaard, the final villain from the last round of Lego war games/epic adventures my brother & I had when we were both in high school, which was also when we both kinda lost interest in Lego & gave away most of our Lego stuff (which is represented in my universe as the Final War and the final battle that wiped out almost half the earth's population), with Doctor, now Grand Duke, Blackgaard & his elite Blacktron commandos somehow managing to survive the cataclysm at the end of the Final War & take over most of New York state & New England....

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:46 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, I can see how the Bounty Hunter's Titanium Metallic visored helmet would pair well with those Yellow Jacket torsos. :thumbup: :classic:

Actually, I'm not using the Bounty Hunter's helmets for the Yellow Jacket torsos:  I've already created a custom army out of them using various types of printed black legs & black Brickwarriors WWI German helmets with built-in gas masks (they seriously look almost like Helghasts from Jin-Roh).  I was just saying that the overall printing of the helmet as well as the rest of the Bounty Hunter figure fits in with the general color scheme I'm using for the Grand Duchy of New York & the Elite Blacktron Commandos in general.  I just want to get extra Bounty hunter helmets or Space Villain helmets (with trans yellow visors) for the rest of my existing neo-Blacktron figures.  I'm hoping to start posting pics of my various Weird War-inspired factions from my post-apocalyptic Dieselpunk setting soon, and will be posting the entire military lineup of the Grand Duchy at some point, once I get hold of a decent quantity of the Bounty Hunter figs to fill out my Blacktron ranks a bit. :wink:

On 6/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, Bornin1980something said:

Well, in response to the earlier suggestions, I have managed to bricklink two of the new style fishbowl helmet, and tried it on Buzz Lightyear and retro-spacemen figures.

spacescene05.jpg

First thing found was, the new helmet is very wide, and won't fit over most minifigure bodyware. In the case of Buzz, I simply discarded his bodyware and placed the helmet on the bare minifig body, taking advantage of the logo printed on his chest underneath. I don't know why Lego put it there, but it makes his torso more versatile. You can often find novelties like that in Lego.

For the retro-spacemen, I wanted to give him primitive looking briefing apparatus, and chose a 1997 design scuba tank. The helmet still didn't fit directly on top of the tank, so I resorted to what is probably an illegal build; I placed a neck bracket on top of and through the front part of the scuba tank structure, raising the neck, but also bending the front air pipe upwards.

Did you try with the Ninjago Movie should/armor piece? The one Garmadon minions had. That piece has a tank molded into itlego-shark-army-angler-minifigure-25-2.jpg

Say, how did I not know that Lego essentially introduced a "Phaser" this year??? :oh:

New Elementary - 2019 PARTS FEST #2: KEV LEVELL'S CLASSIC FLASH DOUBLE GLOUCESTER GORDON THEME

The parts in question are the eight new moulds in Silver Metallic/Flat Silver found in a pre-packed bag in only one set: 76122 Batcave-Clayface-Invasion, and which as of writing are still unavailable to buy via Bricks and Pieces.

This little collection of not-quite dissimilar parts is identified as Mini Accessory, No. 11 also in Silver Metallic (6266977|50018)’.

Within this bag there are 14 incredible and potentially game-changing parts. Six of these are duplicated and the final two are mirror images (which in itself is unusual for LEGO components of this sort).

I have been thinking of them as the following:

lego-batman-Accessories-names.jpeg

7 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

The coolest thing is it seems this set appears in few marvel sets in 2020! 

P.S. There is a 2020 topic already for further discussion of such... :classic: