Robert8

LEGO Sci-Fi 2019 Pictures and Rumors

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The Brothers Brick - Three new LEGO Movie 2 sets revealed, including a Space Palace, Sparkle Spa and Triple Decker Couch [News]

I guess the Space Palace and Couch Mech are both technically sci-fi. I didn't notice until you posted it here that the Space Palace has detachable space pods!

1 hour ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

I think I want Space Palace and Sparkle Spa for the parts...

Same here for the Palace!

Just now, danth said:

I guess the Space Palace and Couch Mech are both technically sci-fi.

Pretty much, but the Spa does include a figure of Benny with two new expressions:

70837-LEGO-MOVIE-2-Shimmer-Shine-Sparkle-Spa-Figure-4-646x1024.jpg70837-LEGO-MOVIE-2-Shimmer-Shine-Sparkle-Spa-Figure-3-645x1024.jpg

Very cool sets.  I love all of the trans light blue in the Space Palace and Sparkle Spa.

I wish Zen Bunny was in the spa set, even though I'm not a big fan of BrickHeadz.

There's some interesting parts usage with Unikitty's tail in the couch mech set.  That one feels like a throwback to 2 of the the previous movie's sets.  It's like the Metalbeard mech set crossed with the couch.  Maybe both of those sets were big sellers last time?

I'm not too fond of the downscaled (Movie Maker scale) palace set, but maybe if I see more of it, in a video or so, I can begin to like it more.

6 hours ago, danth said:

LEGO.

MECHA.

T-REX.

Yeeeeah, that's something I could've never expected to see from the Jurassic World theme... :distressed: :wacko:

47106362231_0ef328c61e_c.jpg

43 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeeeeah, that's something I could've never expected to see from the Jurassic World theme... :distressed: :wacko:

47106362231_0ef328c61e_c.jpg

Same here too. Jurassic World's stuff have never striked me as something interesting or cool. Until this....

Gotta say when I first saw this though, my mind was reeling and begging this to be in an original theme. *huh*:wacko:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Finally got some copies of Benny's Space Squad this week. Such an awesome small littler set. Hope it sells tons, causing Lego to make some more sets to go with it.

It being a simple & small build, I decided to try building it without even looking at the instructions, so just with the box images as reference. Almost got it right, only thing that was off was that I put the inverted tiles beneath the spaceship, not the little buggy :laugh:.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:21 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

That's a nice T-Rex.  And hey, nice mech too.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:32 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

...this set, which isn't necessarily a spaceship, but it's pretty close. *huh*

Brickset - 76130 Stark Jet and the Drone Attack

I can definitely see that printed windscreen becoming popular in Space MOCs. Shame that I don't see a ton of other useful new space parts or recolors in the set (unlike, say, Watchpoint Gibraltar, which was chock full of interesting new wedge pieces).

Edited by Lyichir

21 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Shame that I don't see a ton of other useful new space parts or recolors in the set (unlike, say, Watchpoint Gibraltar, which was chock full of interesting new wedge pieces).

Most indeed, those new wedge bricks are some of this year's best new parts!!! :excited:

On 3/26/2019 at 11:28 AM, Lyichir said:

I can definitely see that printed windscreen becoming popular in Space MOCs.

Yeah, that looks like a great piece.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, anyone here planning on reusing Mysterio's/Mr. Freeze's new fishbowl helmet for a '50s-style Spaceman? :shrug_oh_well:

If Lego doesn't use it as such in a CMF it would be such a missed chance, also lets not forget it seems like some kinda new weapon pack maybe or just new pieces in general that can be useful for Sci-Fi stuff, for sure can see people using it as bullets in motion in displays 

27 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

If Lego doesn't use it as such in a CMF it would be such a missed chance

Yeah, while others have suggested that Sandy Cheeks' two-part helmet would be better suited for such a CMF (as so to accommodate a hairpiece), I think this Mysterio "fishbowl" is a better, smaller alternative for such if it were to be paired with a head similar to CMF/TS4's Buzz Lightyear's, depicting a "headsock" worn underneath the helmet.

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeah, while others have suggested that Sandy Cheeks' two-part helmet would be better suited for such a CMF (as so to accommodate a hairpiece), I think this Mysterio "fishbowl" is a better, smaller alternative for such if it were to be paired with a head similar to CMF/TS4's Buzz Lightyear's, depicting a "headsock" worn underneath the helmet.

Agreed! This is WAY much better suited size wise the old two-part helmet similar is just way to big for this the space man wearing a "headsock" under the helmet would be the best thing. Also speaking of the minifig head for Buzz Lightyear I hope someone who has both it and the new helmet will take a picture and post it here to see how it would look. 

Just now, Nexogeek said:

Agreed! This is WAY much better suited size wise the old two-part helmet similar is just way to big for this the space man wearing a "headsock" under the helmet would be the best thing.

Plus, the Mysterio helmet would be easier to just slip on compared to the way one has to assemble Sandy's two-part helmet around a minifigure's head.

3 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Also speaking of the minifig head for Buzz Lightyear I hope someone who has both it and the new helmet will take a picture and post it here to see how it would look. 

Indeed! Someone should get the general idea sometime time soon here. :classic:

5 hours ago, danth said:

Mars sets leaked. I give them a "meh".

I know they're not Classic Space or anything more fantastical, but I think they're at least a step in right direction for the City theme. Plus, I feel they're in the same spirit as Lego's first wave of Classic Space sets, as they're both reflective of the hopes and aspirations for extraterrestrial colonization of the times they were released. After the Apollo Missions, we hoped to set up shop on the Moon, while nowadays we instead hope to make at least temporary residence on Mars. 

On 3/31/2019 at 8:31 AM, danth said:

Mars sets leaked. I give them a "meh".

Here's hoping the official pics aren't too far after. I am getting curious...

The fact that we are getting a People Pack for City/Space is a very interesting development.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 4/1/2019 at 12:55 PM, GeoBrick said:

Here's hoping the official pics aren't too far after. I am getting curious...

The Brick Fan - LEGO City Mars Exploration Summer 2019 Official Set Images

47617406842_f2441229b3_o.jpg

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

The fact that we are getting a People Pack for City/Space is a very interesting development.

How so? Is it perhaps what seems to be a Sand Blue Classic Spaceman in the box art's background? *huh*

46946113644_3c37bbef36_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

How so?

While minifig-focused sets with like 10+ figures have existed before purely focused on City Jobs/Space or Fantasy minifigures, in recent years, that was only seen in the Education theme.

The fact that this exists beside the regular "Fun in the xxx" set just might increase the chances of this becoming more then a 1-time thing.

While the "Fun in the xxx" focuses mostly on regular people, they can use those job-focused people packs for other Subthemes.

A People pack set just is much more interesting and varied then what they could fit into a €10 starter set (or multiple copies of it), even at the much higher price, it's still fair for the ~14 different figures.

LEGO has had Chess sets for Pirates and Castle before, and also have been seen in Education sets, so the idea of a People Pack outside of City might not be so strange either. (with less duplicates)

Edited by TeriXeri