Robert8

LEGO Sci-Fi 2019 Pictures and Rumors

Gotta love seeing classic space still being around these days. That simple yet charming retro feel, as cool as many modern sets may be, simply stands undefeated.
I hope we'll see more of it in future waves, they could easily do a classic space command base set with spacemen in other colours, such as red and black.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:48 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I just built this one last night. It completely charmed me. It's simple and simplified. But it's all there. You can feel the Classic Space radiating off it. Just perfect except for the lack of red wheels. 

On 12/29/2018 at 5:22 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a review of LEGO Overwatch's 75975 Watchpoint: Gibraltar from @just2good...

...and here's a review of TLM2's 70835 Rex's Rexplorer from JANGBRiCKS:

As an added bonus Set 75970 Tracer vs Widowmaker's drone ship/one man flyer attaches to the back of the Watchpoint Gibralter booster to form the complete ship. 

Lego has already sold out the Benny squad, I guess it will be the same for this little ship.  Hope they'll notice the enthusiasm behind the old-school space theme and will produce more like theses.

Here's JANGBRiCKS' review of TLM2's Pop-Up Party Bus...

...and for that matter, his own review of Sweet Mayhem's SysStar Starship:

Can't say I'm too excited about that Rexcelsior design. I'd much rather get the party bus. Better parts in better colors.

I also want the D.Va mech set, which I can't find anywhere, and the Overwatch space shuttle set.

Would be great to have this spaceship as depicted in that short movie. It fits me in terms of size (don't have the space for the (otherwise cool) spaceship from first movie, and the junior set is great, but too basic.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:03 AM, Bartosz said:

Would be great to have this spaceship as depicted in that short movie. It fits me in terms of size (don't have the space for the (otherwise cool) spaceship from first movie, and the junior set is great, but too basic.

As discussed elsewhere, there's always the chance one of these could show up in the sequel's summer wave of sets. :wink:

screencap.jpg.3b08f89a20e7d670da7059ffa861a356.jpg

The Brick Fan just reported these upcoming city sets:

-Maintenance Mission Shuttle (60224) – 9.99€
-Rover Test Drive (60225) – 19.99€
-Mars Research Shuttle (60226) – 29.99€
-Moon Base (60227) – 49.99€
-Space Research Rocket Control Center (60228) – 99.99€

Moon Base doesn't sound like a typical city space set. This may be very unlikely, but could these actually be classic space?

There will also be more Lego Movie 2 sets. Maybe there will be more classic space here?

-70847 – 9.99€
-70848 – 19.99€
-70849 – 49.99€

4 hours ago, jodawill said:

This may be very unlikely, but could these actually be classic space?

Not a chance.

18 minutes ago, danth said:

Not a chance.

Yeah, at best I imagine that these, like some of the older City Space sets, will include a Classic Space-inspired mission logo (probably with the red spaceship logo orbiting Mars or whatnot).

8 hours ago, jodawill said:

There will also be more Lego Movie 2 sets. Maybe there will be more classic space here?

I really hope so. At least Benny's new ship, even though it's kinda weird with the crystal thingies.

11 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, at best I imagine that these, like some of the older City Space sets, will include a Classic Space-inspired mission logo (probably with the red spaceship logo orbiting Mars or whatnot).

Well, I'm at least hoping the shuttlecraft will have a base color other than White. As I've said, Light Bluish Grey could work. :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, danth said:

I really hope so. At least Benny's new ship, even though it's kinda weird with the crystal thingies.

From what I've seen, that ship only looks to be reusing the UCS X-Wing canopy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just not a new recolor. :sceptic:

22 hours ago, Thy said:

This is not related to pics or rumors, but I did not manage to find a "general" space themed topic.

(I have no ideas of how to insert a tweet, so here is a link)

Here ya go! :thumbup: :grin:

So apparently in addition to the worn classic space logo from the front of his torso, the newly revealed Benny BrickHeadz figure has a 1x4 brick with a pristine Classic Space logo built into his torso!

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

So apparently in addition to the worn classic space logo from the front of his torso, the newly revealed Benny BrickHeadz figure has a 1x4 brick with a pristine Classic Space logo built into his torso!

HOLY BRICKS!

Sigh. Hmm. Wonder if there's gonna be some way to get those in bulk...