Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Do you guys think we will get a sneak peek of the movie or a set picture or an exclusive figure at comic con 

On 6/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Neither do fake companies...

YES THEY DO!! Why do you think Lego took those nasty Chinese companies to court? And Lego won as well!!

17 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

Do you guys think we will get a sneak peek of the movie or a set picture or an exclusive figure at comic con 

Trailer, maybe a set reveal.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

YES THEY DO!! Why do you think Lego took those nasty Chinese companies to court? And Lego won as well!!

19 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

They're real companies, not fake.

Why do people keep saying a lego knock off is the villain, there has been nothing to support this (and I mean nothing), if anything the villain will be friends and they will probably turn good in the end like Lord Business.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Why do people keep saying a lego knock off is the villain, there has been nothing to support this (and I mean nothing), if anything the villain will be friends and they will probably turn good in the end like Lord Business.

Same

It doesn't make any sense

3 minutes ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

will there be a set with the same appeal of the "couch" ?

This. 

There had better be a return of the double decker couch, or we will riot. 

Or! Even better! 

What if this movie gives us what we never knew we needed but always have?

A TRIPLE DECKER couch!

As a Space nut, all I care about is what Classic Space throwback, if any, we're gonna get. 

A Classic-style moon base would be cool, or a rover, or maybe a spaceship in 1981 colors.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:28 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They're real companies, not fake.

Oh wow slight miswording, you know what I mean. Real companies thieving off other companies. Copying products. Deserve to be permanently closed down! DOWN WITH LEPIN, DOWN WITH BUILDING BLOCK BRANDS - - - Apart from Lego of course.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:26 AM, monai said:

As regard the movie itself it is not, as was the first episode, a picture about LEGO but simply a movie MADE of Lego, like the Batman and Ninjago ones, so it will be amazing as pure entertainment but not much an innovation.. perhaps this is valid for all sequels.

Sergio

What makes you think that? As far as I can tell from the trailer this movie seems to be setting up for some strong themes about how gender and age differences shape the LEGO play experience, and retain the core concept of Emmet's world as a reflection of the human play experiences and conflicts between Finn and his family. Everything from the villain Sweet Mayhem to the "Sis-tar system" hints at the idea of a "clash of cultures" representing Finn's jaded adolescent world and the impending stagnation of his "dark ages" being interrupted by contact with his sister's play world beyond the basement.

7 hours ago, danth said:

As a Space nut, all I care about is what Classic Space throwback, if any, we're gonna get. 

A Classic-style moon base would be cool, or a rover, or maybe a spaceship in 1981 colors.

From what we've seen and assessed so far from the teaser, I'm guessing Benny may have either some sort of post-apocalyptic spaceship/rover, or some ride that's a fusion of Classic Space with "pink" bricks. 

Bottom line is, whatever the case may be, I sorta have a feeling that his ride won't be straight-up Classic Space, if you know what I mean. :sceptic:

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

Oh wow slight miswording, you know what I mean. Real companies thieving off other companies. Copying products. Deserve to be permanently closed down! DOWN WITH LEPIN, DOWN WITH BUILDING BLOCK BRANDS - - - Apart from Lego of course.

But I'm not talking about real companies, I'm talking about if they created a fake LEGO knock-off brand that Finn is using with the LEGO. I really don't think LEGO would have as big an issue with it as you think, given that we're talking about a fake brand anyway.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:08 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

But then the issue becomes how to represent the made-up fake brand in actual toys. Are they going to create an entire set of moulds of official bricks that aren't branded with the Lego logo but are otherwise indistinguishable from real ones? Wouldn't that cause a massive uproar among the AFOL community? And since these molds would probably become redundant after the movie, that would just be wasteful. 

Pas interesting as it would be to see official Lego fighting fake Lego, it's probably not gonna happen. 

That would be interesting, as it would be very hard to distinguish LEGO's fake LEGO from fake LEGO. Yet if they are real LEGO (just unbranded) they would have to be allowed on BL, so fake LEGO could also get listed there. I guess they would need to somehow brand them inside to make it clear the fake LEGO is real LEGO ...

But I agree, it isn't going to happen and there has been no indication at all that is the plot line.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:41 PM, J4ck said:

Actually, they lost and the European Court of Justice also turned down their appeal about trademarks. Other companies are now legitimately allowed to make clones (or fakes, whatever you want to call them) of the basic bricks and have been allowed to after the patent expired.

The cases they won recently in China were for copying Friends packaging and having similar logos. As far as I am aware, the Lepin case is still ongoing.

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Bottom line is, whatever the case may be, I sorta have a feeling that his ride won't be straight-up Classic Space, if you know what I mean. :sceptic:

You're probably right. I'm just enjoying the small hope before it's crushed. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Gabegt16 said:

Let's all start jotting down ideas of how each set will be and minifigures and builds will be in it

Alright!

I'm thinking there'll be two 'preliminary' sets that'll be revealed early, like with the Batmobile and Lowrider for the Batman Movie. The first will be the off-road Scrap Speeder that we saw Wyldstyle and Emmet constructing as they run from Sweet Mayhem in the trailer. Includes Emmet, Wyldstyle with her hood up, and possibly the small version of Unikitty, as well as a couple of post-apocalyptic bandits, possibly with their own, small, vehicle. Maybe one of those cyborgs we saw when Emmet got coffee. Price: somewhere around 80 AUD.

The second will be Sweet Mayhem's Space Pod, and the main build will be Sweet Mayhem's ship, of course. I'd like to say that they won't scale it down at all for the brick-built version and will give us a perfectly movie-accurate version with all that wonderful greebling and the hot air balloon pieces in white used as plating. That would probably make a $60 or $70 AUD set, depending on how much that mandates. Also includes Sweet Mayhem, Wyldstyle with her hood down, and Batman, plus a sheet of decals to fuel Sweet Mayhem's sticker gun. 

(Sorry about AUD pricing, I'm not familiar with USD prices.)

10 hours ago, MAB said:

That would be interesting, as it would be very hard to distinguish LEGO's fake LEGO from fake LEGO. Yet if they are real LEGO (just unbranded) they would have to be allowed on BL, so fake LEGO could also get listed there. I guess they would need to somehow brand them inside to make it clear the fake LEGO is real LEGO ...

But I agree, it isn't going to happen and there has been no indication at all that is the plot line.

Actually, they lost and the European Court of Justice also turned down their appeal about trademarks. Other companies are now legitimately allowed to make clones (or fakes, whatever you want to call them) of the basic bricks and have been allowed to after the patent expired.

The cases they won recently in China were for copying Friends packaging and having similar logos. As far as I am aware, the Lepin case is still ongoing.

If what you say is true, that’s actually tragic.

6 hours ago, danth said:

You're probably right. I'm just enjoying the small hope before it's crushed. :laugh:

Well, if Benny does indeed have his own ride again in this sequel, the least we can hope for would be some new Trans-Yellow recolored canopies from it. :wink:

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Alright!

I'm thinking there'll be two 'preliminary' sets that'll be revealed early, like with the Batmobile and Lowrider for the Batman Movie. The first will be the off-road Scrap Speeder that we saw Wyldstyle and Emmet constructing as they run from Sweet Mayhem in the trailer. Includes Emmet, Wyldstyle with her hood up, and possibly the small version of Unikitty, as well as a couple of post-apocalyptic bandits, possibly with their own, small, vehicle. Maybe one of those cyborgs we saw when Emmet got coffee. Price: somewhere around 80 AUD.

The second will be Sweet Mayhem's Space Pod, and the main build will be Sweet Mayhem's ship, of course. I'd like to say that they won't scale it down at all for the brick-built version and will give us a perfectly movie-accurate version with all that wonderful greebling and the hot air balloon pieces in white used as plating. That would probably make a $60 or $70 AUD set, depending on how much that mandates. Also includes Sweet Mayhem, Wyldstyle with her hood down, and Batman, plus a sheet of decals to fuel Sweet Mayhem's sticker gun. 

(Sorry about AUD pricing, I'm not familiar with USD prices.)

How do you feel about Emmet outfit looking kind of the same as he was in last movie do you think that's going to be weird in the sets having the same figure design 

42 minutes ago, Gabegt16 said:

How do you feel about Emmet outfit looking kind of the same as he was in last movie do you think that's going to be weird in the sets having the same figure design 

I've discussed this before;

Emmet does not have the same design. The idea here is, it's been five years; things have changed. And the in-universe Emmet is still using the same parts for his body. The only way minifigures can have that kind of longevity is if very good care is taken of them - and Finn isn't his father, that's not his style. So now Emmet has some very clear signs of wear and tear - and we see this in the trailer; his printing may have once been how it was in the first movie, but it's scuffed and scratched and bits of the paint have rubbed off. 

Do you really think this won't carry over into the sets? No, I guarantee you, we'll get a new version of Emmet complete with the 'wear and tear'. 

And that's assuming that at no point in the movie does he get a new outfit. Which is entirely possible, all things considered. 

1 minute ago, Gabegt16 said:

What month do you guys think we're getting a second trailer or a little bit of footage?

Depends on how hard they're trying to promote the movie. It too kind about two months for the Lego Batman Movie to get its second trailer, if memory serves. But the Ninjago Movie got its second in about two weeks. (Granted, it was really just a rehash of the first, but that's the Ninjago Movie's problem more than anything.)

On 6/18/2018 at 10:41 PM, J4ck said:

Off-topic, but maybe a clarification, "winning" depends on point of view. That company had to change their logo and some boxarts, but that's it then. They can happily copy products like they did before. It was certainly not that all those brands are going to disappear (in fact, the number is increasing).

22 hours ago, Gabegt16 said:

What month do you guys think we're getting a second trailer or a little bit of footage?

Well, looking at the past, the first teaser for The Lego Movie was released in mid-June of 2013 attached to the theatrical release of Man of Steel, while our first trailer came out sometime in the late fall of that year I believe.

On the other hand, the first teaser for The Lego Batman Movie was released in late March of 2016 attached to the theatrical release of Batman v. Superman, with a second teaser following-up the next week. In July of that same year, TLBM did receive its first trailer at San Diego Comic-Con (unlike TLM), with a second trailer releasing in late fall of that same year.