Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Some new pictures have appeared online of LEGO Movie 2 props from the LEGO House including an Apocalypse Classic Space vehicle with 8 wheels! 

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Some new pictures have appeared online of LEGO Movie 2 props from the LEGO House including an Apocalypse Classic Space vehicle with 8 wheels! 

Forget the vehicle. That is a Green Classic Spaceman with a proper Classic-style helmet. 

This is promising. This is very promising. 

Also, is it just me or does that flame exhaust Metalbeard look way cooler than what we got? Might have to modify mine with something like that. 

Also, Dangervest Mech Unikitty is amazing (such beautiful greebling) and I hope that it is a thing in a future wave. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is it just me or does Emmet and Lucy have new armor pieces? I hope we get that Metalbeard and Unikitty in a set with those mechs (well body for Metalbeard) 

Also as for the Unikingdom castle, it also has an open back if it strictly was for the movie why not have it closed off? It could always come in wave 3 or even Unikitty wave 2 if it happens

5 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Is it just me or does Emmet and Lucy have new armor pieces? I hope we get that Metalbeard and Unikitty in a set with those mechs (well body for Metalbeard) 

Also as for the Unikingdom castle, it also has an open back if it strictly was for the movie why not have it closed off? It could always come in wave 3 or even Unikitty wave 2 if it happens

I'm not 100% but I believe thats just a recolor of an existing piece

Guyon 2002

My apologies.  I just joined and still trying to get the lay of the land.  Will delete the post and look for another forum category in which to post it.  Thanks for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

It's similar to some already existing pieces, but it is new. I can tell.

It seems to resemble the armor part worn by the Nexo Knights in that theme's second year, though it's definitely a different piece:

nex093.png

20 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Almost all of the Lego Movie concept models are designed by Lego designers with the idea that they could become sets. That doesn't mean they all will, or that being designed like sets means that they will be released as one. There are countless concepts from the first movie that didn't become sets, and in some cases didn't even end up appearing in the movie itself.

Those Rex-armored versions of Emmet and his friends are one example—they don't show up in the movie at all, so were likely abandoned concepts that won't show up in sets.

Edited by Lyichir

6 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Those Rex-armored versions of Emmet and his friends are one example—they don't show up in the movie at all, so were likely abandoned concepts that won't show up in sets.

Huh. So, what do you suppose the armor molds really belong to? :oh:

29 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

They don't? Spoilers! And aww! :(

39 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh. So, what do you suppose the armor molds really belong to? :oh:

*shrug*

There's no guarantee that any figs will use them at all. The fact that they were developed for a concept model doesn't mean they'll end up in sets—there are most likely countless prototype parts Lego has abandoned due to either refining them, replacing them, or just ending up deciding that they aren't necessary after all.

17 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

They don't? Spoilers! And aww! :(

Wouldn't it have been spoilers either way? That's why I decided it didn't merit a spoiler tag. I apologize if it lessened your enjoyment of the movie...

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Almost all of the Lego Movie concept models are designed by Lego designers with the idea that they could become sets. That doesn't mean they all will, or that being designed like sets means that they will be released as one. There are countless concepts from the first movie that didn't become sets, and in some cases didn't even end up appearing in the movie itself.

Similar with Nexo Knights, a lot of the things shown in the Books, Magazines, TV shows never made it into sets. And I don't mean the Forest/Water monster content but actual variants of Lava and Stone Monsters.

Multiple issues of the magazines kept showing Lightning Scurriers in their art and puzzles.

Even if you just go by the official media, which the TV show is the main one.

A lot of locations or figures from the TV show never made it into sets despite clearly possible.

For example the girl TV announcer bot (Alice Squires) was shown many episodes :

250?cb=20160920002456

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, Lyichir said:

There's no guarantee that any figs will use them at all. The fact that they were developed for a concept model doesn't mean they'll end up in sets—there are most likely countless prototype parts Lego has abandoned due to either refining them, replacing them, or just ending up deciding that they aren't necessary after all.

Nah, they're way too developed and fleshed out to be a mere prototype, as I'd figure they'd be no more than clay molds if that were the case. If anything, the mold has been developed for something else in mind, and designers working on the movie tried it out for a scraped story concept.

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nah, they're way too developed and fleshed out to be a mere prototype, as I'd figure they'd be no more than clay molds if that were the case. If anything, the mold has been developed for something else in mind, and designers working on the movie tried it out for a scraped story concept.

Those armor pieces are pretty cool indeed if they will be used, the stud on front allows attachment of a lot of variable things, like a tile with a logo (nexo knights had 1x1 printed tiles for squirebots with small faction crests), or just transparent studs for accents.

Nexo Knights alone had 3 different armor molds for it's run, some dual molded, and some transparent, but the hole in front really only works well if the Torso Print is positioned for it. (Which is the case for the Pharah minifigure, which uses a nexo knight season 2 recolored/dual molded armor)

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't know about that—these days prototypes can get 3D printed and even painted without the full expense of putting them into mass production.

It's possible that these shoulders might have been planned for something else, or conversely, might now be used on something different despite not appearing in the movie (since, after all, no need to waste the design if it ends up being useful for something else). But it's wrong to assume that because a part looks real that that means it will be coming in sets, especially when it is shown in an exhibition that extensively features unfinished concept models and designs.

Just now, Lyichir said:

I don't know about that—these days prototypes can get 3D printed and even painted without the full expense of putting them into mass production.

It's possible that these shoulders might have been planned for something else, or conversely, might now be used on something different despite not appearing in the movie (since, after all, no need to waste the design if it ends up being useful for something else). But it's wrong to assume that because a part looks real that that means it will be coming in sets, especially when it is shown in an exhibition that extensively features unfinished concept models and designs.

I guess that could be true come to think of it a little further, as @1974 and @whitswj own many fully-developed parts from decades past that were never put into production. 

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Wouldn't it have been spoilers either way? That's why I decided it didn't merit a spoiler tag. I apologize if it lessened your enjoyment of the movie...

It isn't a spoiler if you don't say it, or put it in spoiler tags. I can't believe how ridiculous you guys are with dropping info on a movie that isn't out yet.

Like, we get it, you've seen the movie early, you're special. But shut up about what happens in it.

It worries me to see they developed the idea of the Dangervest team that much and then dropped it. 

Seems like a last minute change and it reminds me of the Ninjago movie... 

1 hour ago, danth said:

It isn't a spoiler if you don't say it, or put it in spoiler tags. I can't believe how ridiculous you guys are with dropping info on a movie that isn't out yet.

Like, we get it, you've seen the movie early, you're special. But shut up about what happens in it.

Hey, could you maybe drop the attitude? I'm getting exceptionally tired of you lashing out at my sister and I. I don't know where you got this chip on your shoulder but it's getting really old really fast.

I already apologized. I could delete the contents of that post if that makes you happy. But frankly, when people were just blindly assuming that those different versions of the characters were unseen versions from the movie, not one person was complaining about being spoiled by THAT. Only when I helpfully tried to point out that they seemed like unused prototypes did anybody make a fuss about it.

Got my hands on a full minifigure series at my local Walmart. Like others have mentioned, the packs were placed loosely in LEGO Movie 2 displays. My experience feeling for parts in the bags was the same as any series - the change in packaging made no difference for me.

The Wizard of Oz characters are perfect. Accurate renditions with amazing execution. Glad that we got them in a series so they are readily obtainable.

Giraffe Guy, Crayon Girl and Watermelon Dude make great costume additions.

Gone Golfin' President Business is also nice. His club is a cool new part. I'm planning on changing his head and hair to make him into a regular golfer guy. Anyone have any suggestions on substitute headgear for him?

Also liking Vest Friend Rex. I really hope to see his hair-hat combo piece reused on another character. The legs would have been good for a western character if it weren't for the toe prints. Still useable, I guess.

The Apocalyseburg characters, while each having their own interesting part or two, do not really interest me on the whole. Same goes for the Pop singers.

Unikitty is such a waste of money IMO. Her spot should have been given to a proper minifigure.

All in all, this is a mediocre series. I'll patiently wait for the next ones :)

Edited by telaruhn

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Hey, could you maybe drop the attitude? I'm getting exceptionally tired of you lashing out at my sister and I. I don't know where you got this chip on your shoulder but it's getting really old really fast.

Nope. Stop it with spoilers. It's insanely inconsiderate. You need to be called out. If you feel bad because I called out your behavior, consider the possibility that you deserve to feel bad, and need to change your behavior. 

1 hour ago, telaruhn said:

Got my hands on a full minifigure series at my local Walmart. Like others have mentioned, the packs were placed loosely in LEGO Movie 2 displays.

Unikitty is such a waste of money IMO. Her spot should have been given to a proper minifigure.

Yes that needed to be said. I was short on time and hastily feeling for the few I wanted from this series in the same lame scattered walmart manner and mistakenly thought her 1x3 brick head was Benny's toolbox. When I opened the bag and saw freaking Unikitty :oh3::facepalm: I was so disappointed... in myself:head_back:.

Unikitty CMF really is trash on all levels.

- No stamp piece neck bracket

- No 1x3 printed eyebrow tile

- Spending $4 on an inferior version of a character that comes in a $10 set alongside 2 other exclusive characters

- She just had a whole line of sets to herself maybe give a few other characters a slot?

Edited by Legocity2713

2 hours ago, telaruhn said:

Gone Golfin' President Business is also nice. His club is a cool new part. I'm planning on changing his head and hair to make him into a regular golfer guy. Anyone have any suggestions on substitute headgear for him?

A good substitute headgear would be the beret I think. The black would look good with the torso/leg prints too. 

1 hour ago, danth said:

Nope. Stop it with spoilers. It's insanely inconsiderate. You need to be called out. If you feel bad because I called out your behavior, consider the possibility that you deserve to feel bad, and need to change your behavior. 

There's really nothing to complain about here, this really isn't a spoiler. And even IF you saw this piece of information as a spoiler, even the sets itself would be bigger spoilers than this. There's also really no need to rant on people who got a movie earlier than others, it just happens. Thats not their fault but the studios'.