Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

50 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Ahh, so you can't piece them together to get that sinister, multi-eyed form she takes in the trailer?

The eye / mouth pieces on the Introducing Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi set are seperate at least.

At first I thought the Build Whatever Box faces were seperate too but then I saw the 3x4 bricks. (aside from the orance eye/mouth bricks)

Still think its an okay fun set.

Edited by TeriXeri

My copy of 70827 included a duplicate of Emmet's hairpiece :wacko: Maybe it's a similar situation as with TLNM's Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, which included two copies of Cole's hairpiece...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Polybag set 30529 is apparently Mini Master-Building Emmet, which has 49 pieces and a 3-in-1 build, and yet another Emmet minifigure.  Kinda "meh" compared to most of the other TLM2 polybag sets in my opinion.  I wonder how many polybag sets will be made for this theme total.

How many TLM2 polybags are there? :head_back: Now that the 3-in-1 "Mini Master-Building" polybag sub theme has been established, there surely is going to be at least one more (most likely Lucy). 

Back to the current sets: my favourite thus far is the Escape Buggy, it looks great in pictures and even better in hand, this thing just screams Mad Max :wub: The Systar starship is a close second and it's a nice surprise, that set is a lot more substantial than people gave it credit for ever since SDCC. Sure, it doesn't look that impressive size-wise, but it's a very compact, sturdy build, not just some technic skeleton with a few plates hanging on the sides. It's certainly worth the price and those heart-shaped tiles are great :sweet: Unsurprisingly, you get a spare of those, just like with all of the other roughly 1x1 sized tiles :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

How many TLM2 polybags are there? :head_back: Now that the 3-in-1 "Mini Master-Building" polybag sub theme has been established, there surely is going to be at least one more (most likely Lucy). 

Let's see, there's:

30528 Metalbeard

30620 Emmet and the door

30527 Lucy and the Duplon

30529 Emmet and the Mini-Crane

30340 Emmet and the Piece Offering

Is that all of them?

Edited by obsidianheart

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I initially thought that Melody's afro was the same piece we've gotten before, but that's obviously wrong: 

Thanks for all the pics

Sweet Mayhem pieces looks great with that iridescent effect

Can’t quite tell from the pictures, but are the cockpit pieces in Rex’s craft trans light blue? If so, can make a screen accurate Zane’s Ice Tank from the Ninjago Movie...

M&Rproductions has the first review and best look yet of TLM2 D2C up! All I can say is wow seeing all the little details in HD rather then a couple blurry box art picture makes me love the set even more, a must buy for me at some point before it retires. 

Saw the TLM2 D2C review and I love the set even more now, I especially like the remains of TLBM batmobile, a visit Ninjago city poster and the leftover boxes of batmerch (perhaps they contain TLBM sets?)

It was a lot of fun to finally see all the little details the D2C has. But I highly recommend watching the video without sound. You can clearly tell MandRProductions doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, he didn't even watch the other LEGO Movies / sets to look for references because he was so obsessed with getting his review out first. 

Almost every single nod to past films and sets were completely skipped over, here's a short list (there are obviously more things to add):

- salvaged Skeletron heads from the first lego movie

- Batmerch boxes from the Joker Manor set

- The front of the ''Speedwagon'' Batmobile

- Green Lantern's ring

- calling Barry a barTista instead of a barista

That set is just one giant Easter egg. I love the detail of it all. Green Lantern is pretty cool but it’s Batman that wins it for me. I know that they have rather boldly done so, but having all the bells and whistles really makes him stand out. Harley is awesome and it’s nice to see what fate has befallen the residents. I’m still trying to figure out when TLBM fits in the timeline, or even if it has to.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It was a lot of fun to finally see all the little details the D2C has. But I highly recommend watching the video without sound. You can clearly tell MandRProductions doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, he didn't even watch the other LEGO Movies / sets to look for references because he was so obsessed with getting his review out first. 

Almost every single nod to past films and sets were completely skipped over, here's a short list (there are obviously more things to add):

I don't care about the guy, but as very precise person myself (probably like you ; ) I have to tolerate that not everyone is as precise and analytical.
I only watch content of people that do their research and do know what they are talking about - in this case I'm just happy the review got out so early (we didn't even see official pictures yet!) AND that - whatever he was talking or missing: the guy knew something about lightning and camera angles. Not the best, but something. Better then lots of very intelligent and creative Youtubers, that don't even manage to zoom in, focus or whatever.

And you shouldn't miss that a large part of the already small AFOL community doesn't care about these "small" things either. Welcome to humanity :wink:

best parts:
- inclusion of so many Batman merch boxes - like a self ironic joke that they unsold sets will still be around after the apocalypse
- front of the Batmobil :wub:
- lopsided pillow in the statue's head's room :laugh:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but do we have a confirmed US release date for TLM2 sets, specifically Benny's Space Squad (70841) and Emmet & Benny's Workshop (70821)?

I know the UK release date is 26 December, but is it the same in North America?

New info on the D2C:

- public release on february 1st

- VIP release in early january

- retail price: $300 (which is a really bad price, considering it's a LEGO Movie set)

22 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but do we have a confirmed US release date for TLM2 sets, specifically Benny's Space Squad (70841) and Emmet & Benny's Workshop (70821)?

I know the UK release date is 26 December, but is it the same in North America?

Shop.Lego.com for the US says coming soon on December 26 for all of the sets, so yes it's the same for North America.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, Wesley D said:

Pff, really disappointed, another CMF series without a single minifigure I really want.

Fans will like the Oz-themed minifigures, but I think it's strange they come within this series. When will we get a regular CMF series again with a minifigure for everyone? Ik guess they are indeed out of inspiration.

It's not as though classic literary characters are all that unusual for a minifigures series. Just look at all the past classic book/movie inspired figs like the Series 1 Forestman (Robin Hood), Series 2 Vampire (Dracula), Series 4 Musketeer (The Three Musketeers) and Monster (Frankenstein), Series 5 Detective (Sherlock Holmes), Series 7 Jungle Boy (Tarzan), Series 9 Mr. Good and Evil (Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde), and Series 11 Barbarian (Conan).

And it's not like this series doesn't have plenty of figures who fit into categories we often see in non-licensed series. Besides its four classic literary figures (Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Woodsman, and Cowardly Lion), it's got three costume/mascot figures (Giraffe, Watermelon, and Crayon), four musician figures (Lucy and the unnamed singers and guitarist), a city/town figure (Emmet), a space figure (Benny), a sports figure (President Business), and a monster figure (Post-Apoc Swamp Monster). That's three fourths of the series! It's also got a nearly 50/50 gender ratio, which is extraordinarily rare for any minifigures series, even the non-licensed ones.

I can definitely understand complaints about the LEGO Batman Movie series 1 and 2 figures being too genre or IP-specific, but I feel like the LEGO Movie, LEGO Movie 2, and LEGO Ninjago Movie series figures offer enough variety that they can offer plenty of relevance even beyond the context of their respective movie or brand.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

New info on the D2C:

- retail price: $300 (which is a really bad price, considering it's a LEGO Movie set)

For its size, I'm not sure I'd agree that the price is bad. The Statue of Liberty uses lots of large wall/slope bricks, curved slopes/wedges, etc. to create its shape, so it's probably fairer to compare to a set like the Sea Cow ($250 for 2741 pieces, or 9.1 cents/piece) than a set made mostly of smaller pieces like Ninjago City ($300 for 4867 pieces, or 6.2 cents/piece) or Ninjago City Docks ($230 for 3553 pieces, or 6.5 cents/piece).

And the overall size as listed on the box is 52.7 centimeters tall and 49.3 centimeters wide — compare with Ninjago City Docks (37cm tall/38cm wide), Ninjago City (63cm tall/31cm wide), or Metalbeard's Sea Cow (58cm high/61cm long, though a lot of that is simply due the masts, sails, and bowsprit).

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

New info on the D2C:

Since we know that "The Wizard of Oz" is also in the CMF TLM2, that licence could also appear in this D2C even under the LEGO Movie name, right ?

My opinion about the whole series is pretty good, I should take between 14 and 17 of them. Totally in love with the 4 main characters of "The Wizard of Of", after 2 years I finally see that Toto I wanted so much. The 3 costumes are well balanced : one animal, one food, one object. Baby blue dino is so cool. The lady cat is intriging me, especially with the cat who seems new ? It looks like the old one but with a Mohawk hairstyle ? Just one thing, why 4 female singers ?

Edited by notpennysboat