Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

1. Splitting it up would have made for horrible standalone sets

2. It isn't overpriced, price per part is pretty decent and there are tons of pieces in new colors (and the reintroduction of the barbed wire). Besides that all figures are highly detailed

3. Even if the price is a little high it's totally worth it (and it's been on discount for a while anyway)

I don’t know about other countries, but RRP on Apocalypseburg is $500 AUD. For a 3100-piece Set. 

Even at the 20% off discounts I’ve seen it go for lately, that’s still terrible. 

If I see it at 40% off or higher, then maybe. But for now, definitely not. 

When do we think the Apocalypseburg set will go on sale in the UK?

As far as I know only the official Lego shop and Smyths sell it, both still £280.

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don’t know about other countries, but RRP on Apocalypseburg is $500 AUD. For a 3100-piece Set. 

Even at the 20% off discounts I’ve seen it go for lately, that’s still terrible. 

If I see it at 40% off or higher, then maybe. But for now, definitely not. 

I agree that AU$500 for Apocalypseburg is pretty high.
 I think a RRP of AU$400 is a little more reasonable if you compare it to something like Assembly Square which retailed here for $399 and has a higher part count with ordinary minifgs..
But although I saved up and paid $500 for the set, I honestly don't regret it as its an awesome set!!

So, I'm in Australia and have been looking for ages for a way to get the Wyld Mayhem for a non-extortionate price, but nada. Not being distributed here has really made it hard to get - it's really sad when the cheapest option is to pay RRP of $80 AUD plus shipping from Shop@Home. Has anyone got any suggestions for me? Should I wait and hope Shop@Home discounts it?

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, I'm in Australia and have been looking for ages for a way to get the Wyld Mayhem for a non-extortionate price, but nada. Not being distributed here has really made it hard to get - it's really sad when the cheapest option is to pay RRP of $80 AUD plus shipping from Shop@Home. Has anyone got any suggestions for me? Should I wait and hope Shop@Home discounts it?

Given how hard it is to get the last 3 sets at any place that isn't lego themselves I wouldn't expect any kind of discount happening

I'm also in Australia and missed out on the Sparkle Baby set on Lego Shop@Home, and thought maybe I should wait until all 3 of the newer sets are back in stock and get them together....
That wasn't wise as now the MetalBeard (Systar Party Crew) set is also out of stock..

However thankfully I knew someone who was travelling overseas and was able to get those 2 sets for me.
Wyld/Mayhem set left and then I'm done thankfully, then onto considering more customs :-)

On 10/4/2019 at 6:03 AM, NDLG80 said:

However thankfully I knew someone who was travelling overseas and was able to get those 2 sets for me.

Count yourself lucky! All those sets had been pulled from shelves in the LEGO store here in Leipzig (Germany) when I was there yesterday for Triple Force Friday, so "getting stuff overseas" may no longer be an option, too.

Mylenium

I'm sad once again to see the lego movie theme end, however, I'm much happier this time, the first lego movie, I only got 3 sets, the figure series, and a poly

This time I got 15 plus 6 polys and the fig series, so more satisfying 

Do you think we'll ever get a Lego Movie 3?

I heard rumors that there's a new Lego movie in development, but it's a Christmas thing? I'm not sure what that is

On 2/3/2022 at 9:17 AM, Flaming Bricks said:

Do you think we'll ever get a Lego Movie 3?

I heard rumors that there's a new Lego movie in development, but it's a Christmas thing? I'm not sure what that is

The franchise as we know it is very likely dead. The rights were sold to Universal.

If THE BATMAN does extremly well, I think WB might want to revive The Batman Movie 2

They can buy the rights back or make a deal with Sony/Universal, similar to the one they have with Marvel/Disney

36 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If THE BATMAN does extremly well, I think WB might want to revive The Batman Movie 2

They can buy the rights back or make a deal with Sony/Universal, similar to the one they have with Marvel/Disney

While that would be neat to see... hard to say at this point what the likelihood of that would be. I mean, we haven't even really seen the results of the Universal deal itself yet—I imagine everyone involved will want to see how whatever movie they cook up first performs before they start making future plans. And to be quite frank, I don't think anybody (Universal or otherwise) needs any sort of proof that Batman is a hot commodity and popular character... even the fairly criticized Batman v. Superman and Justice League performed well financially.

13 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

While that would be neat to see... hard to say at this point what the likelihood of that would be. I mean, we haven't even really seen the results of the Universal deal itself yet—I imagine everyone involved will want to see how whatever movie they cook up first performs before they start making future plans. And to be quite frank, I don't think anybody (Universal or otherwise) needs any sort of proof that Batman is a hot commodity and popular character... even the fairly criticized Batman v. Superman and Justice League performed well financially.

One would guess Across the Spiderverse is likely to include LEGO Spiderman 

First, because it is odd that we know nothing about why Universal bought the rights. There hasnt been any announcement in that regard

Second, because LEGO Spiderman would be a spoiler for the movie, so it would make sense there hasnt been a word about it, at least until the next trailer if he shows up there

This is just speculation of course... 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

One would guess Across the Spiderverse is likely to include LEGO Spiderman 

First, because it is odd that we know nothing about why Universal bought the rights. There hasnt been any announcement in that regard

Second, because LEGO Spiderman would be a spoiler for the movie, so it would make sense there hasnt been a word about it, at least until the next trailer if he shows up there

This is just speculation of course... 

The Spidey movie rights are in Sony's hands, though. I don't think Universal would be able to use him, even if it was just the Lego character. TV is different, which is why, I think, Lego has been able to use him on their short movies.

Edit: nevermind, I see that was discussed above. Still, I would expect such a partnership to be unlikely. Universal hasn't played nice with Marvel either with the Hulk rights (hence why we haven't gotten a solo Hulk film since 2008).

Edited by BrickHat