Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

On 8/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, NDLG80 said:

Awesome, what country are you based in?
I'm now hearing that they won't be coming to retail stores in Australia and we might only be able to order them online through Lego :-(
Have anyone from Australia heard any different?

Canada, sorry

I gotta say I think the wyld mayhem fighter gets a bad rap, my least favorite set of the wave is the glitter babies set, can't believe how unsatisfied I was with it

48 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Canada, sorry

I gotta say I think the wyld mayhem fighter gets a bad rap, my least favorite set of the wave is the glitter babies set, can't believe how unsatisfied I was with it

I really like the ship too! I dunno what the general indifference to it is all about. I built up all three today, and it genuinely surprised me with how fun it was to build. It's a nice looking model on completion, with some fun little features. The mechanism that drops the Star guys one by one is cleverly executed. I was a bit surprised with how large it is. In my head it was similar in size to one of the DC Superheroes Black Manta builds, but it's much, much larger. The minifigures here were all great too! I particularly loved getting Emmett's 'Rex hair'. He looks aorable with that hair and the little half smile face. Lucy's new face prints were great too, particularly her shy face. There just aren't enough variations of her face, compared to Emmett's many iterations. Rex' defeated face and Mayhem's excited face are both fantatic as well, as well as the new Star variants. There's a lot to love with this set! 

All three were great though, I thought. I liked the figures with the Sparkle Babies set (a beaming happy face for Lucy was nice to get!), and the 'Everything Is Awesome' album sleeve tile. The build itself was a bit rubbish, but it has some fun parts for making new Plantimals out of, so I'm happy with it. 

The Systar Party Crew set is impossible not to love. I was pretty stoked to get yet another Metalbeard figure, and such a unique one at that! He's fully my favorite Lego Movie character, and the TLM2 theme introduced five (seven, if you count the alt builds for the poly) new models for him, all of them unique and interesting (as opposed to the two figures from the first film that were essentially the same model at different scales). I was hoping they'd release him in this form from the moment I saw it in a promotional image befor the film even opened. Benny's freaking perfect here too, and Unikitty's little boa and alt face were welcome additions. I put the table in the middle of one of the dance floors in the Party Bus, and the little speaker and dance floor bits with the spa. 

Edited by klinton
spelling

8 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Canada, sorry

I agree on the Glitter Babies set. Aside from the babies themselves, the new expressions, the EiA album and Lucy's hair the set is pretty damn bad. I'd even catagorise the build as ''trash'', there isn't anything special about it. Would be much better if they just randomly included President Business' golfcart

On 8/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, legosamsonite said:

Canada, sorry

Thanks mate... I understand sales all over haven't been great for TLM2 sets, however it appears Lego Australia isn't showing any love to the fans who will buy all the sets if they could :-(
I'm actually really looking forward to the Wyld/Mayhem fighter as I think it looks really cool.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, Pchan1983 said:

In NZ, the stores are not getting it.  And even shop@home, I can only see one of the set available.  I hope at least we can get it via lego.com.    I guess the reason is the whole theme is not selling well down under.  The retailers here is doing 50% off to get rid of them even the newer ones released few months back.

Same here in Australia too... Shop at home is the same I assume as you guys as the Wyld/Mayhem fighter is the only one currently available with the other 2 as "coming soon". But more reports I hear that the other 2 wont ever be available here is very sad as I dont wanna pay ridiculous overseas shipping just to get the smaller sets... 

Edited by NDLG80

On 8/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, NDLG80 said:

Same here in Australia too... Shop at home is the same I assume as you guys as the Wyld/Mayhem fighter is the only one currently available with the other 2 as "coming soon". But more reports I hear that the other 2 wont ever be available here is very sad as I dont wanna pay ridiculous overseas shipping just to get the smaller sets... 

Yes, we share the same warehouse for shop@home.  Let's hope it's available.  I don't even see Asia is getting the set on various online retailers so I guess probably the Jiaxing factory/packing centre is not producing it. Just saw it available now @NDLG80

Edited by Pchan1983

All three sets were available at S@H in NZ and Australia. It looks like the Sparkle Babies set is already sold out though. The ship and the Party Crew are still up. 

38 minutes ago, klinton said:

All three sets were available at S@H in NZ and Australia. It looks like the Sparkle Babies set is already sold out though. The ship and the Party Crew are still up. 

I don’t want to buy them from Shop@Home. I cannot afford to buy them from Shop@Home. I got Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Spaceship and the Party Bus at about 55% of what Lego wanted me to pay for them, and I couldn’t have afforded them full price from Shop@Home. And I refuse to pay $80 for a 405-piece set, exclusive minifigures be damned.

If anyone sees them on Amazon, tell me . . 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don’t want to buy them from Shop@Home. I cannot afford to buy them from Shop@Home. I got Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Spaceship and the Party Bus at about 55% of what Lego wanted me to pay for them, and I couldn’t have afforded them full price from Shop@Home. And I refuse to pay $80 for a 405-piece set, exclusive minifigures be damned.

If anyone sees them on Amazon, tell me . . 

Cool story, bro.

The two posters above my comment were concerned about if/when they'd be available at S@H. I was addressing that inquiry. If you don't care, then ignore it. /shrug

5 hours ago, klinton said:

Cool story, bro.

The two posters above my comment were concerned about if/when they'd be available at S@H. I was addressing that inquiry. If you don't care, then ignore it. /shrug

Sorry, my mistake.

Also, please don’t assume my gender.

8 hours ago, hagridshut said:

The Rex Dangervest Spacesuit w' Jetpack minifigure is probably one of my favorites from this series.  I despise the character, but the jetpack, dual-molded legs, and detailed printing all make for a very interesting and unique minifigure.  Reminds me a bit of Boba Fett.

Why do you despise the character? I really liked him, the evil-Emmet twist was really clever and well executed!

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why do you despise the character? I really liked him, the evil-Emmet twist was really clever and well executed!

I agree that as the villain in the story, he was a clever creation and excellent opposition to the heroes. 

I just didn't like him, because he has the personality of a scam artist and reflects the worst aspects of "bro culture".  Which was probably the intent of the movie creators!

Apparently Asia Pacific will not have wide release for the final 3 LEGO Movie 2 sets because the Jianxing Factory/Distribution Centre is not producing the sets.  I just got mine from LEGO shop@home sent from Melbourne and its the EU version.  Hence the limited availability.

I have the purple Metalbeard mech on order from Shop @ Home here in Australia (ordered on Sunday although it hasn't shipped yet for some reason, already knew from talking to the Dreamworld store that the sets weren't comming to Oz)

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

On top of that, the TLM2 range might disappear from shelves a lot sooner than expected, including the Apocalypseburg D2C: https://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-movie-2-sets-retiring-soon/

So if you‘re still planning on getting some of the sets, now is probably the time :shrug_oh_well:

I searched Amazon.com (USA) for Lego Movie 2 sets, and many are being sold at deeper than the normal discount of 20% for sets that have been out for a few months.

•  Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship 70830: MSRP $70, now $43, 39% discount
  •  Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket 70831: MSRP $70, now $46, 34% discount
  •  Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi 70824: MSRP $20, now $12, 40% discount
  •  Pop Up Party Bus 70828: MRSP $80, now $54, 33% discount
  •  Queen Whatevra's 'Not-So-Evil' Space Palace 70838, MSRP $100, now $63, 37% discount

I also checked Amazon pricing on Harry Potter, City, and Ninjago.  The discounts generally don't appear as steep as TLM2 sets, which suggests to me that demand for TLM2 sets is not matching supply.  The sets that are within the normal 20% or so discount range appear to be the smaller builds, and 'Mad Max' style action vehicles. 

This does not surprise me.  I don't feel like most of the vehicles and locations in TLM2 were as interesting or impressive as the vehicles and locations in TLM.  Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket was the only set I bought, mostly because I liked the Steampunk/Jules Verne vibe of the Rescue Rocket.  

If there's one set to get in this series, I think it is the Dream House/Rescue Rocket.

Just now, hagridshut said:

If there's one set to get in this series, I think it is the Dream House/Rescue Rocket.

Apocalypseberg for me!

Besides that set I only have Benny's Space Squad, Emmet's Tricycle, Unikitty's Sweetest Friends and a few polybags (most on discount)

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apocalypseberg for me!

Besides that set I only have Benny's Space Squad, Emmet's Tricycle, Unikitty's Sweetest Friends and a few polybags (most on discount)

Apocalypseberg is great in its variety and details, much like Ninjago City.  Unfortunately for me, they are both out of my budget!

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What? already?

Yeah, sure. As I said a few pages down - "shelf bricks" here in Germany and the retailers know it. They'll be glad it's EOL and they don't have to buy more stock from LEGO just because of foolish contractual commitments they made before the movie actually came out... Anyway, at least despite my concerns we seem to have gotten the complete final wave here, if only in official LEGO stores. Bought the Mayhem Flyer on Monday...

Mylenium

Just finished building the purple Metalbeard mech, its a great set with some great parts, probably one of the best sets in the entire TLM2 line IMO.

Yeah, I think the Lego movie 2 sets will see even deeper discount. While I generally liked the movie, there was really nothing new besides the mini dolls, which most people who collect mini figures aren't that excited about. I found the vehicles to be meh, and the only really cool set, apocalypseberg was ridiculously overpriced and should have been split up into 5 sets that could have been joined up.

4 hours ago, Gomek said:

Yeah, I think the Lego movie 2 sets will see even deeper discount. While I generally liked the movie, there was really nothing new besides the mini dolls, which most people who collect mini figures aren't that excited about. I found the vehicles to be meh, and the only really cool set, apocalypseberg was ridiculously overpriced and should have been split up into 5 sets that could have been joined up.

1. Splitting it up would have made for horrible standalone sets

2. It isn't overpriced, price per part is pretty decent and there are tons of pieces in new colors (and the reintroduction of the barbed wire). Besides that all figures are highly detailed

3. Even if the price is a little high it's totally worth it (and it's been on discount for a while anyway)