Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

22 minutes ago, danth said:

You must be really popular, policing people's opinions all the time, especially with weird nihilistic arguments like "if I actually cared about stuff, I could complain about anything".

Trans light blue is boring, actual colors are cool, sorry you can't comprehend that simple fact. 

Oh, sorry? Should I be resorting to sarcastic personal attacks like you instead?

I care about quite a lot, but I'm not going to complain about a good-looking set because it falls short of an imaginary version that I've built up in my head. That's the quickest way to end up dissatisfied with just about everything. I much prefer to form my opinions based on what a set actually includes.

As far as I'm concerned Trans. Light Blue IS an actual color, and a useful one, albeit a much more common one than other transparent colors. But apparently "facts" mean something much different to you.

10 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, sorry? Should I be resorting to sarcastic personal attacks like you instead?

Oh my god, a personal attack, are you serious? It's a well known fact that people aren't going to like someone who always constantly invalidates other people's opinions.

You rush to the defense of Lego every time someone has even the slightest criticism. "I wish this was a cool color instead of boring light trans blue."

"OH MY GOD, YOU HAVE SULLIED LEGO'S GOOD NAME, SIR. I CHALLENGE YOU DO A DUEL THIS INSTANT!"

You're being ridiculous. People are going to have opinions you disagree with. They're going to wish things were some other way than what Lego has done. You don't have to make a stink of it. You don't have to defend every decision Lego makes. You can just let people not like something and move on. You don't have to tell people why their preference is wrong. It's just annoying.

My opinions are opinions. By definition they cannot be wrong. There's no point in arguing with them. Just MOVE ON.

You aren't going to win cosmic brownie points by defending Lego's color choices. Lego is not going to give you an award. You're just making people resent you.  

Edited by danth

Can we please get back to topic? Everyone has their own opinion and attacking eachother really doesn't lead anywhere

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can we please get back to topic?

Yes please.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Everyone has their own opinion and attacking eachother really doesn't lead anywhere

Agreed. Also, explaining to someone why their opinion is wrong, and telling them it's weird that they even have an opinion on something, is definitely not going to lead anywhere good.

Yes, keep on topic. Discussion needs to stay civil and sometimes it is wise to remember:

You don't have to change someone's opinion. They are entitled to have an opinion on something subjective. By all means, correct a factual mistake if needs be, but debating the same thing into ever decreasing circles of frustration for all involved is never productive.

7 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yes, keep on topic. Discussion needs to stay civil and sometimes it is wise to remember:

You don't have to change someone's opinion. They are entitled to have an opinion on something subjective. By all means, correct a factual mistake if needs be, but debating the same thing into ever decreasing circles of frustration for all involved is never productive.

i was not trying to change anyone's opinion. I wasn't even DISAGREEING that a recolor would be nice, just that I understood why we didn't get one. But apparently trying to consider WHY something is the way it is, or admitting that I'm fine with it the way it is, is something that a ton of people seem to take personally.

Honestly, I'm sick of it. It seems like I can barely voice an opinion, even a positive one, these days without somebody taking it personally and trying to make me out to be angry and irrational, rather than just someone who generally likes Lego and tries my best to understand the "why" of set designs. And being treated like that honestly DOES make me upset. I have enough crap going on in my life that I don't need to be cast as some sort of bully or bad guy just for liking Lego, one of the few escapes I have in a world that sometimes feels like it's crashing down around me. That's not what I want to get out of the community and the way things have been going I'm getting more and more disillusioned with this site and the AFOL community at large. Because frankly, if the community is making me enjoy Lego less instead of more, then there's less and less of a reason to be a part of it.

So, what do you want the solution to be here then?

My reminder was to everyone, not targeted. Too often people just want to talk endless and pointless circles about LEGO instead of building and enjoying. They feel the need to turn other's to their point of view above all rational else. This is why I mostly just step in to remind people to stay civil. 

If you think any certain members are targeting you, then drop a line to staff so we can help out. 

Does anybody know if a custom version of Batman's super long white cape is able to be bought somewhere? It doesn't have to be fluffy like in the movie, but I would really love a long white Batman cape for Bat-chelor Batman 

2 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Does anybody know if a custom version of Batman's super long white cape is able to be bought somewhere? It doesn't have to be fluffy like in the movie, but I would really love a long white Batman cape for Bat-chelor Batman 

I messaged capes4minifigs.com about it on Facebook and they said they'd been asked about it before and are considering it.

After the reveal of this latest wave, I'm even more surprised that they omitted the cape from the castle set, given that they included the even less conventional "pipe cleaner" boa for Unikitty in one of the sets. If there were a final wave next year it's possible we'd get one, but just in case we don't it wouldn't hurt to have a third-party "non-purist" solution.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:31 AM, Lyichir said:

Unless there's a compelling reason why a set should have included a certain part (for accuracy or whatever), I don't see any reason to wish parts were arbitrarily a different color.

But then again, showing it in the movie perhaps isn't arbitrary? One could also argue that LEGO not doing more recolors is just their laziness and trying to get rid of their own overflow stock. You know, it's not like they were incapable of doing it from a technical standpoint. Not least of all knock-off products and competitors show how easy and quickly colors can be changed and adapted and open up new creative possibilities. (No re-opening of those boring discussions about logistics, production lead-in time, marketing etc., please!). Dunno, I just  tend to see it differently and ultimately those inconsistencies don't help to make those sets more popular and attractive to some users. I guess it once more comes down to the old gag of nobody truly comprehending just why LEGO refuse or are unable to provide more consistent and varied coloring of their parts when it just seems so trivial to do...

Mylenium

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I messaged capes4minifigs.com about it on Facebook and they said they'd been asked about it before and are considering it.

After the reveal of this latest wave, I'm even more surprised that they omitted the cape from the castle set, given that they included the even less conventional "pipe cleaner" boa for Unikitty in one of the sets. If there were a final wave next year it's possible we'd get one, but just in case we don't it wouldn't hurt to have a third-party "non-purist" solution.

This is interesting to me, as I also want a non-purist alternative to the cape if an official one is not to be produced.

I am using an actual pipe cleaner for UniKitty's boa in the Party Bus set, and will have to compare it with the official part once these sets hit shelves.

3 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

This is interesting to me, as I also want a non-purist alternative to the cape if an official one is not to be produced.

I am using an actual pipe cleaner for UniKitty's boa in the Party Bus set, and will have to compare it with the official part once these sets hit shelves.

I did that too, for Unikitty. I keep meaning to make a cape for Batman, but I never remember to look for the fabric when I'm out shopping. I don't actually mind having to source othef materials for those elements. It was kind of the point that Bianca didn't limit her Lego builds to just Lego parts. It's still 'authentic' imho if you find non-system solutions. :D 

I got around to building Apocalypseburg last week after picking it up on sale for about 175 euro. It is a cool set with lots of nice touches, having a set like this when I was a kid would probably have blown my mind.

The build was very enjoyable, I imagined the Lady Liberty part would be a bit tedious but it was fine. Pretty much every area is highly detailed with fun builds.

There are a lot of stickers, but I didn't mind at all and think they added a lot of character to the set. The Planet of the Apes spoof poster is fantastic...

Highly recommended!

14 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I got around to building Apocalypseburg last week after picking it up on sale for about 175 euro. It is a cool set with lots of nice touches, having a set like this when I was a kid would probably have blown my mind.

The build was very enjoyable, I imagined the Lady Liberty part would be a bit tedious but it was fine. Pretty much every area is highly detailed with fun builds.

There are a lot of stickers, but I didn't mind at all and think they added a lot of character to the set. The Planet of the Apes spoof poster is fantastic...

Highly recommended!

I loved the build as well. Each room was a lot of fun to see take shape & building the head & torch was the best part of it all. I like how all the compartments stack & look haphazard. 

It’s easily one of my favorite sets I own. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I loved the build as well. Each room was a lot of fun to see take shape & building the head & torch was the best part of it all. I like how all the compartments stack & look haphazard. 

It’s easily one of my favorite sets I own. 

What I liked most is definetely building something but not knowing exactly what you're building, and to later realise what it is. I intentionally only saw the front-of-box picture (and a glimpse of the back) before building so I didn't really know what details to expect. 

Things that really stood out to me personally were definetely:

- The fuel tanks used as Coffee Dispensers

- The flipping-chair function

- The Batmobile ''Speedwagon'' hood

- The Batmerch boxes from TLBM

- The many references on stickers (like the Visit Ninjago City poster, Duplo punchingbag, ''Planet of the Apes'' poster and stuff underneath Lucy's bed)

- The gym being a traincart

- The Spa actually being the remnants of an older Creator set

- The van underneath the 'book-thing' (don't know what it's proper name is)

The list goes on, you get it :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

What I liked most is definetely building something but not knowing exactly what you're building, and to later realise what it is. I intentionally only saw the front-of-box picture (and a glimpse of the back) before building so I didn't really know what details to expect. 

Things that really stood out to me personally were definetely:

- The fuel tanks used as Coffee Dispensers

- The flipping-chair function

- The Batmobile ''Speedwagon'' hood

- The Batmerch boxes from TLBM

- The many references on stickers (like the Visit Ninjago City poster, Duplo punchingbag, ''Planet of the Apes'' poster and stuff underneath Lucy's bed)

- The gym being a traincart

- The van underneath the 'book-thing' (don't know what it's proper name is)

The list goes on, you get it :wink:

I love that they included the chair flipping feature, that was such a funny part of the original. There really is so much to love about this set. I was definitely surprised when I realized that the tub was actually the front section of that old set, genius. And, they have actual walking access to every part of the place, no need to use imagination to get them up places. :tongue:

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I love that they included the chair flipping feature, that was such a funny part of the original. There really is so much to love about this set. I was definitely surprised when I realized that the tub was actually the front section of that old set, genius. And, they have actual walking access to every part of the place, no need to use imagination to get them up places. :tongue:

I know right! Especially since we don't get a lot of sets where every single area is accesible by the minifigures themselves. 

Also, did you notice how the small engine to the left of Lucy's hideout is actually the engine of Hulk's car in the Hulk Vs. Red Hulk set?

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wait. Which old Creator Set? I'm surprised I hadn't noticed.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know right! Especially since we don't get a lot of sets where every single area is accesible by the minifigures themselves. 

Also, did you notice how the small engine to the left of Lucy's hideout is actually the engine of Hulk's car in the Hulk Vs. Red Hulk set?

Ha, so it is. Maybe they stole it since Marvel didn’t return their calls....

47 minutes ago, PenPlays said:

Wait. Which old Creator Set? I'm surprised I hadn't noticed.

It’s 5571 Giant Truck from Model Team theme. They hint at it on the fender, sticker says “5571 MT.”

Can someone refresh my memory as to roughly when to expect the next wave of sets in stores (Australia specifically)??
Thanks in advance!!

Found and Bought the entire last wave this morning, also got the triple decker couch mech because I actually had only seen it once in a store prior to today since May

On 7/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, legosamsonite said:

Found and Bought the entire last wave this morning, also got the triple decker couch mech because I actually had only seen it once in a store prior to today since May

Awesome, what country are you based in?
I'm now hearing that they won't be coming to retail stores in Australia and we might only be able to order them online through Lego :-(
Have anyone from Australia heard any different?

20 hours ago, NDLG80 said:

Awesome, what country are you based in?
I'm now hearing that they won't be coming to retail stores in Australia and we might only be able to order them online through Lego :-(
Have anyone from Australia heard any different?

In NZ, the stores are not getting it.  And even shop@home, I can only see one of the set available.  I hope at least we can get it via lego.com.    I guess the reason is the whole theme is not selling well down under.  The retailers here is doing 50% off to get rid of them even the newer ones released few months back.