Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

38 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A catalog shot of "the other three sets" has just leaked over on IG... :oh:

your radar is so quick to pick these up...

I am likely getting 70847 because of the 2 babies in that set.

Interesting! Out of all the ships from the final battle I wouldn't have picked Lucy & Mayhem's to be made as a set, but I guess that one best represents the spirit of teamwork and reconciliation that was the driving emotional force of the ending. And of course I'm super hyped for musical MetalBeard!

Yeah, all of these are amazing! Lego filled in the major gaps (Benny and Metalbeard in their wedding gear) in the theme, and then tossed in some unexpected surprises with Sparkle Babies, Lucy and Mayhem's ship, and even some smoothie pieces! While I'm a bit sad we never got Larry Poppins or Bruce Willis, this is pretty much the perfect final wave. I can't wait! 

55 minutes ago, makoy said:
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A catalog shot of "the other three sets" has just leaked over on IG... :oh:

Heh, I just happened to be browsing the #legoleaks hashtag over on IG for the images of the D2C Jurassic Park set, when just then a couple of users there posted the catalog shots under the hashtag only a few minutes earlier... :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, I think they all look pretty decent considering, as my favorite of the three has to be Lucy and Mayhem's tandem starfighter. :thumbup:

50 minutes ago, makoy said:

I am likely getting 70847 because of the 2 babies in that set.

You only have to follow a couple of LEGO related accounts on Instagram to get the news the very second the leak leaks. :wink:

58 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Man, I feel like that small set is kind of a wasted opportunity to do President Business's golf cart.

Absolutely. They could make a set similar to the #70607 Ninjago City chase :wub:

Anyway, I predict that the set with the babies will be the "new" Benny`s Space Squad, regarding peoples need to buy multiples/hoard it (like myself). :iamded_lol:

I'm big fan of the 2 smaller set but I'm not to sure if I'll pick up Lucy and Mayhem's spaceship, completely depends on the price. It's great to get Systar Metalbeard and Benny in a cheap set as I really thought they would be in the most expensive sets, another Systar Unikitty is also nice as I have no intention of getting the party bus (her ''neck-thing'' is also pretty sweet!).

The Syspocalypstar set is small but still really nice. The only things I really want from this set are Lucy's hair and the babies but considering this is pretty cheap I can't wait to get it!

My guesses for prices would be 10, 20 and 40-50

So much for the sets being cancelled :grin: Though I wonder why they decided to split the summer wave into two instead of releasing all seven of them in May... Maybe it‘s due to the spoiler-y nature of the space ship set?

Edited by Lego-Freak

Yay so we're not done after all! I was worried when I saw all the TLM2 sets go on clearance at my local Kmart. 

As for the sets, Systar Metalbeard is awesome. Is it too much to hope for that Systar Benny might include the new, non-broken Classic Space helmet piece in blue, since I remember his new appearance had the scuffed printing restored and some extra details? Because then the extra details could be erased and the head and legs swapped out for a Blue Classic Spaceman. The Emmet/Lucy one's good too, excellent impulse buy. 

I'm kinda surprised they did Lucy and Mayhem's ship, I barely even saw it . . I dunno. It doesn't look all that great to me personally, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it close up. But does it really include another Stubble Trouble Emmet? That would be a weird move because then the only thing exclusive to the Rexcelsior would be the grey and green baby dinos. Also, they couldn't have sprung for a Rex-Wing?

Still kinda hoping to see Benny and Balthazar's spaceship, but that can be MOCed if necessary. Pretty satisfied overall. Just so long as we get Fox Suit Girl in some future CMF.

22 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Is it too much to hope for that Systar Benny might include the new, non-broken Classic Space helmet piece in blue, since I remember his new appearance had the scuffed printing restored and some extra details? Because then the extra details could be erased and the head and legs swapped out for a Blue Classic Spaceman. 

I doubt it. Even in the film he keeps his broken helmet. 

2019-06-09 16.46.56.jpg

8 hours ago, Chilis said:

You only have to follow a couple of LEGO related accounts on Instagram to get the news the very second the leak leaks. :wink:

Absolutely. They could make a set similar to the #70607 Ninjago City chase :wub:

Anyway, I predict that the set with the babies will be the "new" Benny`s Space Squad, regarding peoples need to buy multiples/hoard it (like myself). :iamded_lol:

Oh dear...knowing how many Ninjago City Chase sets you own, you won’t be leaving one box of the babies set behind. :tongue:

Ok, what's with LEGO this year and them not wanting to reuse Wildstyle's lowered hood piece with any of her TLM2 figures even when it would be scene-accurate? Did something come up with the soft-plastic they were using for the part that made it ill-advisable to manufacture now?

Edited by Drewsko

Just now, Drewsko said:

Ok, what's with LEGO this year and them not wanting to reuse Wildstyle's lowered hood piece with any of her TLM2 figures even when it would be scene-accurate? Did something come up with the soft-plastic they were using for the part that made it ill-advisable to manufacture now?

That's a good question, I've been wondering about that.

47 minutes ago, Drewsko said:

I was thinking about that when I built the Spa set (I just pilfered the part from one of my Lucy minifigs from the first film). I get that putting it into production again might not have been in the budget for this theme (her Apocalypseburg look had a bunch of new tooling already), but they even designed a new torso for the 'Lucy's Builder Box', 'Movie Maker', and 'Introducing Queen Watevra' sets that has the hood printed on the back. I don't know why they didn't use that in the Spa set? It looks like they did use it for the set with the Sparkle Babies (the silhouette cut outs are grey as opposed to tan), but she should be wearing the scarf there. So, I dunno. 

Edited by klinton
Added detail.

1 hour ago, Drewsko said:

Probably for the same reason Space Palace Batman doesn't have his giant furry cape included.

Even with the hood piece the figure would be inaccurate. Wyldstyle's look at the end of the movie was just her Apocalypseburg outfit but with blue hair (she even had her goggles on)

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even with the hood piece the figure would be inaccurate. Wyldstyle's look at the end of the movie was just her Apocalypseburg outfit but with blue hair (she even had her goggles on)

Was it? It's been a couple of months, I'd forgotten. In that case it's a shame they didn't create a variant of the hair-with-goggles piece in the blue and purple colours.

Is there a reason why so many people say these sets are coming out this summer? I didn't exect to see them until December/January, but the catalog the leaks were taken from is for fall sets (including the advent calendars). What am I missing? I mean, I hope they're coming this summer, I just don't understand why people assume that they are? 

A little late as I was busy  yesterday, but oh man, I sure do like these new sets. The smallest one is probably the least interesting for me, but the new face for the star and the Sparkle babies are great. The party set is just amazing and I can't wait to pick it up. MetalBeard looks very accurate, Benny in his party wear is a figure I've been looking forward to and I even like this version of Party Unikitty much better than the one in the Pop-Up Party Bus (she even has the little boa around her neck). The Mayhem-Lucy ship looks very pretty and the minifigure selection is pretty good if you ask me. I also like the three new faceprints for the star (seems like TLG went all out on those expressions), but I'm sad we get so many for the star but just a few for the heart. And also, if Lucy doesn't have a new faceprint in the ship, I'm gonna be pretty mad, because she only has like five. Even Benny and Rex have more and they're much more minor than Lucy

Thanks to this reveal I've decided to not buy the Ninjago Movie Water Strider and wait for these to release and then choose what to buy

I'm not too big of a fan of this wave, the party set is great obviously but I'm not too sure on the others. The Sparkle Babies set feels rather weak to me as whilst I get wanting to put the babies in another set as they were so popular but the rest feels like filler, there's another inaccurate Lucy, another Emmet, another Star and the build feels very much like a throw-in and I swear the Sewer babies were just in their normal costumes at the end of the film,not in the varients in the set . If they wanted to make the babies more widely available maybe they should have made it an Apocalypseburg set with Emmet, the Sewer babies, one of the notable missing characters (Larry Poppins, Gandalf, Alfred) and a build of part of the batcave. As for the final set I feel that of the main characters ships they went with the least interesting one as with the other ones they were all fun combinations of contrasting styles that sold the theme of team work whereas with the one they went for, the whole Wyldstyle Colour scheme really complements the Systar style and this sorta just looks like any old Systar spaceship. (Plus it probably has the least screen time of the lot of them) It's not a BAD wave of sets for what they are the execution is superb but I just feel like it's a missed opportunity.

(Specifically it's a missed opportunity to make Benny's Spaceship from the end of the film, that set would single-handedly end world hunger, bring about world peace and end poverty)

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Was it? It's been a couple of months, I'd forgotten. In that case it's a shame they didn't create a variant of the hair-with-goggles piece in the blue and purple colours.

You can see it on the tumbnail of this lyric video

2 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Even Benny and Rex have more and they're much more minor than Lucy

I wouldn't call Rex a minor character, Benny sure but Rex is the main villain of the movie (or at least he turns out to be)

41 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I'm not too big of a fan of this wave, the party set is great obviously but I'm not too sure on the others. The Sparkle Babies set feels rather weak to me as whilst I get wanting to put the babies in another set as they were so popular but the rest feels like filler, there's another inaccurate Lucy, another Emmet, another Star and the build feels very much like a throw-in and I swear the Sewer babies were just in their normal costumes at the end of the film,not in the varients in the set . If they wanted to make the babies more widely available maybe they should have made it an Apocalypseburg set with Emmet, the Sewer babies, one of the notable missing characters (Larry Poppins, Gandalf, Alfred) and a build of part of the batcave. As for the final set I feel that of the main characters ships they went with the least interesting one as with the other ones they were all fun combinations of contrasting styles that sold the theme of team work whereas with the one they went for, the whole Wyldstyle Colour scheme really complements the Systar style and this sorta just looks like any old Systar spaceship. (Plus it probably has the least screen time of the lot of them) It's not a BAD wave of sets for what they are the execution is superb but I just feel like it's a missed opportunity.

(Specifically it's a missed opportunity to make Benny's Spaceship from the end of the film, that set would single-handedly end world hunger, bring about world peace and end poverty)

The sewer babies did actually have different looks at the end, you can see them on the tumbnail of the lyric video above too!

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I was hoping we would get Rex-wing fighters.

There were two included with the Rexcelsior and one in the Movie Maker. :p

But, seriously, as far as 'play value', this little detachable one-dino craft included with the Rexplorer more than fills the bill, no? I'm pretty sure that was the intention behind including it. 

image-FileProvider_(3)-20190131134030-813.png

1 hour ago, klinton said:

There were two included with the Rexcelsior and one in the Movie Maker. :p

But, seriously, as far as 'play value', this little detachable one-dino craft included with the Rexplorer more than fills the bill, no? I'm pretty sure that was the intention behind including it. 

Yeah, but I don't plan on getting the Rexplorer, just the Rextreme Off-roader and Rexcelsior. Limited budget, y'now. Ideally, I'd want to see one more set including Benny and Balthazar's Crystal Spaceship, with a full-sized Rex-Wing to have a dogfight against. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

19 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah, but I don't plan on getting the Rexplorer, just the Rextreme Off-roader and Rexcelsior. Limited budget, y'now. Ideally, I'd want to see one more set including Benny and Balthazar's Crystal Spaceship, with a full-sized Rex-Wing to have a dogfight against. 

A full sized Rex-Wing with the Crystal Spaceship would probably be in the same pricerange as the Rexplorer though