Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Just now, Renny The Spaceman said:

The film didn't say he wasn't related to Finn in some way, If they wanted to they could always just retcon that in

True, but the main problem with Ninjago is how its all supposed to happen in the same connected universe. Yet they go for somewhere is Asia that has nothing to do with the rest of the movies. But its best to forget that movie happened anyway.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

True, but the main problem with Ninjago is how its all supposed to happen in the same connected universe. Yet they go for somewhere is Asia that has nothing to do with the rest of the movies. But its best to forget that movie happened anyway.

Once again they never say it's Asia that's just an inference from the casting of Jackie Chan, both of the humans in that scene speak English it very well could just be a curio shop down the road from Finn 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Personally, I consider TLNM to be more like a "anthology" installment in the franchise. :shrug_confused:

I feel like a big ol’ dum dum for not realizing this earlier...but while building the Rexplorer set it dawned on me that Rex’s color scheme is the Seattle Seahawks, Pratt’s football team, with an even bigger shoutout to their quarterback, #3 Russell Wilson.:facepalm::wall:

The castle, Rexcelsior, spa and triple couch set are out.

I wonder why LEGO hasn't revealed the remaining 3 sets....

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The castle, Rexcelsior, spa and triple couch set are out.

I wonder why LEGO hasn't revealed the remaining 3 sets....

Out? I think the street date is supposed to be May, so those ones might have just been put on shelves early.

I don't recall if the other three set numbers were confirmed to be May sets as well. It's possible that they might be due for a later release (May is quite early for a second wave itself; I'm used to January themes getting their second waves in August).

19 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Out? I think the street date is supposed to be May, so those ones might have just been put on shelves early.

I don't recall if the other three set numbers were confirmed to be May sets as well. It's possible that they might be due for a later release (May is quite early for a second wave itself; I'm used to January themes getting their second waves in August).

In the UK, it’s usually January(/March)(depending on which theme it is) and then June (on a rare occasion August).

On 4/6/2019 at 4:50 AM, Vindicare said:

I feel like a big ol’ dum dum for not realizing this earlier...but while building the Rexplorer set it dawned on me that Rex’s color scheme is the Seattle Seahawks, Pratt’s football team, with an even bigger shoutout to their quarterback, #3 Russell Wilson.:facepalm::wall:

Nice ‘Egg find bro.

Just saw two Rexcelsiors in Target. They weren’t exactly showcased, just shoved on a shelf sideways in between other sets of the theme. I didn’t bother trying to buy though...already got shut down on trying to buy a “not yet released but on the shelf” set...

On 4/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, koalayummies said:

Ninjago has its own theme, movie, TV show and more than 200 Lego sets. Is that not enough? :wacko:

It's not that it's not enough but the Ninjas have as much a part of the LCU as Alfred

Can anyone confirm whether the next wave of sets will be released next month in Australia?
And is there any word whether set 70839 The Rexcelsior will be a Lego store exclusive or if other retailers are likely to get it?

4 hours ago, NDLG80 said:

Can anyone confirm whether the next wave of sets will be released next month in Australia?
And is there any word whether set 70839 The Rexcelsior will be a Lego store exclusive or if other retailers are likely to get it?

The only retailer exclusive (Target/Lego Store) set in the wave is 70842, Emmett's Triple-Decker Couch Mech. The other three are general release. I'd assume that you guys are on the same release timeline as the rest of the world, now that the film has released there? I thought the delayed release was the reason the sets were held back? 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, koalayummies said:
On 2/12/2019 at 11:51 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Wow thats a tough one, at first glance the versatility of that piece looks a bit lacking but I can't wait to see what people come up with.

Here are all the entries...

...and here are the winners! :classic:

New Elementary - BUILD & FIX CONTEST: THE WINNERS

16 hours ago, NDLG80 said:

It's already popped up at Walmart and Target, so definitely not exclusive.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, klinton said:

The only retailer exclusive (Target/Lego Store) set in the wave is 70842, Emmett's Triple-Decker Couch Mech. The other three are general release. I'd assume that you guys are on the same release timeline as the rest of the world, now that the film has released there? I thought the delayed release was the reason the sets were held back? 

I know that we should have all 4 sets released together in the Lego store here in May, however will hold off on the Excelsior if I know cheaper retailers like Kmart etc will get them in soonish :-)

Three of the four known TLM2 spring wave sets are now available on s@h... but only in the US & Canada :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Three of the four known TLM2 spring wave sets are now available on s@h... but only in the US & Canada :hmpf_bad:

That always cracks me up, whenever the US gets something a lot earlier you don't hear anything from anyone. But as soon as a country gets a set earlier than the US all hell breaks loose and some people feel like they're always being ignored, where's the logic in that?! 

BTW, not saying all Americans are like that (especially not on this forum). But a good amount of them definetely are 

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That always cracks me up, whenever the US gets something a lot earlier you don't hear anything from anyone. But as soon as a country gets a set earlier than the US all hell breaks loose and some people feel like they're always being ignored, where's the logic in that?! 

BTW, not saying all Americans are like that (especially not on this forum). But a good amount of them definetely are 

There’s plenty of whining from everyone to go around...

Saw the Rexcelsior, the Castle and the Sparkle Spa set at Target tonight. So the Rexcelsior apparently isn't a D2C. 

On 4/5/2019 at 3:54 AM, Guyon2002 said:

The implication in the Ninjago Movie is that it is happening more in a "Chinatown" area of a Western City. That scene had more than a bit of an homage to Gremlin's feel to it. 

54 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

Saw the Rexcelsior, the Castle and the Sparkle Spa set at Target tonight. So the Rexcelsior apparently isn't a D2C. 

We already knew the Rexcelsior is a normal retail set, just like the Ninjago City Docks

On 4/18/2019 at 3:39 AM, legonerd54321 said:

Isn't there like 3 more sets to be revealed for the summer wave, though??

Apparently, those have been cancelled, as the guys over at stonewars.de have learned from retailers (https://www.stonewars.de/news/the-lego-movie-2-sets-fruehling-2019/:sad:

I wonder if they're postponed to next year or if that's it for the theme... 

If these sets were cancelled (and not just pushed back) then than means the line must be selling poorly. And the numbers must be really bad because cancelling 3 sets from your own movie sounds like a disaster

Dude this LEGO Movie 2 line turned out to be poison in both the box office and the shelves :look:

(I still think one of those sets was Fabuland themed. I wonder if we'll find out at some point)