Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

3 minutes ago, klinton said:

He just posts udates in the "Lego Status" thread. There's a wide shot of it on this page, about a third of the way down. There are several pictures across the last few pages though. :D

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/2510/whats-your-lego-status-today/p362

Damn, that's a pretty decent attempt so far... :oh:

mpdh3mq28a6x.jpg

On 3/28/2019 at 10:05 PM, NDLG80 said:

Just wondering if anyone here has attempted or completed any custom builds of any of the Apoclypseburg vehicles or anything featured later in the movie that hasn't been released?
I'm personally trying to modify my Bad Cop car to match the one Scribble Cop was being carried down the street in..
Would love to see what better master builders have done or are working on!!

I’m tempted to try the concept Bennys battle buggy design :

https://images.app.goo.gl/rRU6jv92vfvXZnpu7

had the Classic space mobile rocket launcher as a kid, so the battle buggy hit a lot of nostalgia spots for me.

Thanks @klinton, I did see that MOC appear in Lego MOC Facebook group and thought it was a pretty amazing attempt at replicating that build...
I agree we will probably see more MOC's appear once the movie is out on Blu-ray/DVD... 
I was going to buy the videogame in hopes of seeing more angles of some of the builds, however I really struggle playing games like this that don't have the actual voice actors from the movie :-(

8 hours ago, NDLG80 said:

Thanks @klinton, I did see that MOC appear in Lego MOC Facebook group and thought it was a pretty amazing attempt at replicating that build...
I agree we will probably see more MOC's appear once the movie is out on Blu-ray/DVD... 
I was going to buy the videogame in hopes of seeing more angles of some of the builds, however I really struggle playing games like this that don't have the actual voice actors from the movie :-(

Yeah me too, and even gameplay and storywise TLM2: The Videogame is one of the worst lego games of all time

I read somewhere that one of the sets coming this summer will contain Bruce Willis and also Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Oh, man! This is must have!

Spoiler

April, 1st!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is actually confirmed to be released as a minifigure. According to USA today, she gave permission for the actual minifigure to be produced

38 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is actually confirmed to be released as a minifigure. According to USA today, she gave permission for the actual minifigure to be produced

Remind me who that is again?

And please, no Bruce Willis. The cameos from him were the only part of the movie I didn't enjoy at all. I have no interest in a Bruce Willis minifigure. 

13 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Remind me who that is again?

And please, no Bruce Willis. The cameos from him were the only part of the movie I didn't enjoy at all. I have no interest in a Bruce Willis minifigure. 

You should read the spoiler part.:grin:

I have currently 5 the Lego movie 2 sets. 3 polybags and two box sets.

I'm sad that The Ninjago ninjas didn't appear. I mean if you put Alfred in there, might as well put the ninjas.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

She gave permission to have a minifigure created of her. Whether that means only for the movie or in the sets remains to be seen, as USA today very well could have misconstrued that information.

1 minute ago, Penkid11 said:

She gave permission to have a minifigure created of her. Whether that means only for the movie or in the sets remains to be seen, as USA today very well could have misconstrued that information.

"So there will be a real Ruth Bader Ginsburg toy that boys and girls can play with. It will even come with a gavel," says Mitchell.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2019/01/19/ruth-bader-ginsburg-minifig-a-lego-movie-2/2624798002/

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah me too, and even gameplay and storywise TLM2: The Videogame is one of the worst lego games of all time

@Guyon2002 do you own the game or have you just checked out gameplay on youtube etc?
I loved the first game for the exploration of the different worlds within the movie and the ability to see how builds were made via the gold instructions...

3 hours ago, NDLG80 said:

@Guyon2002 do you own the game or have you just checked out gameplay on youtube etc?
I loved the first game for the exploration of the different worlds within the movie and the ability to see how builds were made via the gold instructions...

Played it. The hubworlds and amount of vehicles and gadgets are great, really like that aspect. But the overall gameplay, story and lack of character-abilities is pretty pathetic. That's why I think this is one of the worst lego games

So, I just built Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket. I built the Rescue Rocket configuration first, because I plan to have it semi-permanently in the Dream House configuration and put it in my City layout. 

I gotta say, it's a very unique build process. You can really tell how much of a hodgepodge it's supposed to be, and the final result is so unusually dense. It's heavy. There are so many parts that are packed under the floor and into the roof and just everywhere that it just boggles the mind. If I weren't planning to put it in the alternate configuration eventually, I'd happily strip out a lot of the 'hidden' pieces and have a handful of useful parts without affecting the outward appearance of the Rescue Rocket at all. 

Also, the spacesuit variant of Rex is the most gorgeous minifigure I've seen from this series yet. He has dual-moulded legs, a new printed helmet design, and arm printing! And the fact that his jet pack is built to incorporate the same printed slope piece as appears in the Rextreme Off-roader . . I still feel like that set should have included more than one of the dark blue slopes printed with Rex's logo, but this makes up for it! 

The Dream House/Rescue Rocket is definitely my favourite of the first wave of TLM2 sets . . though Queen Whatevra's Space Palace might take that title come May . . 

On 4/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, Robert8 said:

My point still stands. Getting a minifig made could mean two things. Becoming a minifig in the movie, or actually getting the person as a minifig in a LEGO set. Whether we're getting the former or both, remains to be seen.

The Director usually isn't involved in the production of the sets themselves, but might have some input in their design at the start, so whether he's seen an actual set that includes her, is only something that he, or the designers would be able to say. Unless, of course, he just saw a physical prop of her made out of generic parts for those concepts that the LEGO House was displaying from TLM2's production, but again, we would need confirmation from those involved.

Edited by Penkid11

On 4/1/2019 at 3:27 PM, Ninjaguy99 said:

I have currently 5 the Lego movie 2 sets. 3 polybags and two box sets.

I'm sad that The Ninjago ninjas didn't appear. I mean if you put Alfred in there, might as well put the ninjas.

Ninjago has its own theme, movie, TV show and more than 200 Lego sets. Is that not enough? :wacko:

13 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Ninjago has its own theme, movie, TV show and more than 200 Lego sets. Is that not enough? :wacko:

Yes, but that movie was a flop.

13 hours ago, koalayummies said:

I think he was just referring to the movie itself, so I have to agree with him. It makes no sense to leave Ninjago out of the ''crossover'', even if the movie itself was horrible and completely flopped

So, after they'd been sold out at all the local stores for over 2 weeks, the local Voldemart finally got some more Ultrakitty sets in.  Needless to say, I got one & am planning on modding it into a Spined Beast of Chaos & having some orcs/chaos warriors riding it. :)

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think he was just referring to the movie itself, so I have to agree with him. It makes no sense to leave Ninjago out of the ''crossover'', even if the movie itself was horrible and completely flopped

Arguably one reason to do so would be the fact that TLNM's frame story showed that the events were happening in a different builder's "collection" than the other three Lego movies. I suppose that doesn't prevent some of the same minifigures showing up (the previously unvoiced Lloyd from TLM being voiced by Dave Franco from TLNM, for instance), but since the events of TLNM presumably don't apply to Ninjago characters in Finn's collection, giving the characters any sort of major role could get confusing.

Granted, I certainly wouldn't have minded if an Apocalypseburg version of Lloyd or one of the other ninja had shown up, even if it were merely an unvoiced cameo. But ultimately I don't think the lack of that sort of cameo appearance detracted from the movie.

41 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Arguably one reason to do so would be the fact that TLNM's frame story showed that the events were happening in a different builder's "collection" than the other three Lego movies. I suppose that doesn't prevent some of the same minifigures showing up (the previously unvoiced Lloyd from TLM being voiced by Dave Franco from TLNM, for instance), but since the events of TLNM presumably don't apply to Ninjago characters in Finn's collection, giving the characters any sort of major role could get confusing.

Granted, I certainly wouldn't have minded if an Apocalypseburg version of Lloyd or one of the other ninja had shown up, even if it were merely an unvoiced cameo. But ultimately I don't think the lack of that sort of cameo appearance detracted from the movie.

I agree it didn't retract from the movie, but it would at least be nice to see. The reallife part of TLNM was probably the worst part of the movie, both the story itself and the acting was incredibly bad (if they were so keen on Jackie Chan playing a role why couldn't he be a distant uncle visiting Finn and his family or something like that?)

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

(if they were so keen on Jackie Chan playing a role why couldn't he be a distant uncle visiting Finn and his family or something like that?)

The film didn't say he wasn't related to Finn in some way, If they wanted to they could always just retcon that in