Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Ooh, good thought, maybe that’s it. Just checked the back of the instructions but there is no mention of it on the page that shows the combination. That definitely sounds plausible though. 

Sorry I can't say if I had those same pieces as extras, since I bought this set as a parts pack, I have already put them in big bin. 

One way you can check though is to see if they are listed in the parts list, if not they are indeed extras. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Finally opened my Rex's Plantimal Ambush.  I really love Rex's 2nd face expression.  Here is my thoughts on this polybag.

Still struggling to make up my mind if I should buy the Rexcelcior ....  

On 3/13/2019 at 8:31 PM, Vindicare said:

So I just finished building 70829 Emmet and Lucy’s Escape Buggy & have an odd selection of extra parts from bags 4. A 1x1 Red plate with clip, 1x2 dark grey jumper plate, that newish brown 1x1 rounded hinge, & the underside 1x1 dark grey slope pieces, one of each(having issues with logging into Flickr so no pictures...). I triple checked the instructions & haven’t missed anything. Anyone else have these extras?

edit...I loaded a picture to my Flickr(hopefully), link below. 

Yup. I just built this one yesterday and was unnerved by the left over pieces. I combed back through the instructions several times, double checking my work on the bag. It was highly unusual. 

Edited by klinton
Spelling

9 hours ago, klinton said:

Yup. I just built this one yesterday and was unnerved by the left over pieces. I combed back through the instructions several times, double checking my work on the bag. It was highly unusual. 

Okay good, so I’m not crazy. At least not entirely...I did buy Ultrakatty & Warrior Lucy tonight, we’ll see if those mystery pieces get solved. 

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Okay good, so I’m not crazy. At least not entirely...I did buy Ultrakatty & Warrior Lucy tonight, we’ll see if those mystery pieces get solved. 

Nope. The combined model uses only parts from the actual builds. The extra pieces are indeed just extras. 

My plan was to buy a ton of the small Benny's friends set. It will do wonders for my Futuron models.

But it turns out that I also love the other tiny set, so I have made a review of it:

So they just revealed the movie box with its ''special bonus set''. I'm really disappointed by this, why would they go for the easiest polybag to find? 

The LEGO Movie 2 Target Blu-Ray

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So they just revealed the movie box with its ''special bonus set''. I'm really disappointed by this, why would they go for the easiest polybag to find? 

"easiest polybag to find" Wasn't that polybag just a S@H promo? If so I wouldn't call it the easiest to find given not everyone was able to get it during the promo, "easiest to find" would be something like that metalbeard polybag that it seems most Walmarts got 

7 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

"easiest polybag to find" Wasn't that polybag just a S@H promo? If so I wouldn't call it the easiest to find given not everyone was able to get it during the promo, "easiest to find" would be something like that metalbeard polybag that it seems most Walmarts got 

I’ll second this, although the easiest for me isn’t the Emmet construct-a-thing. Target has way too many. I was lucky enough to still get the Rex polybag on March 1st in store.

That sucks we aren’t getting an exclusive minifig here though. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I’ll second this, although the easiest for me isn’t the Emmet construct-a-thing. Target has way too many. I was lucky enough to still get the Rex polybag on March 1st in store.

That sucks we aren’t getting an exclusive minifig here though. 

No local store of mine has gotten that master building Emmet polybag, nor the Lucy vs Duplo invader just metalbeard and piece offering. I hope that this goes on sale in time want that Rex polybag and the DVD no use for the blue-ray or digital so stuck in that kinda situation with limited budget makes me hope it drops to 19.99USD. 

But yeah it sucks no exclusive minifig, at least its something given TLNM had no figure or polybag. Maybe Walmart will release a different combo pack with an exclusive figure or something. 

9 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

My local toystore has a display full of them for only 4 euro (around 20 left), I've occasionally seen the Heart and Lucy v Invader poly's but the Metalbeard one is pretty damn hard to find. So in my opinion the Rex poly is the easiest polybag to find

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

My local toystore has a display full of them for only 4 euro (around 20 left), I've occasionally seen the Heart and Lucy v Invader poly's but the Metalbeard one is pretty damn hard to find. So in my opinion the Rex poly is the easiest polybag to find

Ah so you live outside the U.S. here the Metalbeard, Piece Offering, and Lucy vs Invader seem to be the most common where as the Rex one as far as I know hasn't been in any stores 

On 3/15/2019 at 12:17 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I know it's most likely not to be a set, but I do wish Lego could provide a better look at that JL Javelin starcraft seen briefly during Lucy's narration sequence:

HvQuvLI.png

Maybe down the track.

No news on a wave 3?

20 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Ah so you live outside the U.S. here the Metalbeard, Piece Offering, and Lucy vs Invader seem to be the most common where as the Rex one as far as I know hasn't been in any stores 

Where have you seen the Lucy one? I’ve checked both Walmart & multiple Targets...nothing.:wall: It’s the only polybag I don’t have & I want that Duplo alien. 

Having just finally seen the movie, I can only say . . WOW. It was so perfect. 

But, in terms of future sets? . . I dunno, they covered most of the things that could be covered already. The only things I can think of are a Harmony Town house set, Benny's crystal spaceship (it will be criminal if we do not get Wedding Outfit Benny!), maybe the Rex-Wing fighters, the Duplo UFOs, and MusicBeard. Oh, and Unikitty's Castle (I can dream).

Of course, they extrapolated Benny's Space Squad out of that one scene during the Queen's first music number, so I guess anything's possible. 

please Lego give us Unikitty's castle please

Of all of the polybags, the Rex/Plantimal one makes the most sense to include. There are plenty of Duplo critters in the line (including an entire set of actual Duplo bricks), so the Lucy/Duplo poly would be overkill. The two 3in1 polys are pretty common, and are kind of pointless to stockpile. The Starstruck Emmett poly could be cool, but again, there are the little Star critters in several commercial sets. The heart set might have been acceptable, but outside of the context of it's in story significance it's not overly appealing as a set. Plantimals are pretty scarce, appearing in only 2 commercial sets. Even if you've acquired several through purchases at the Lego Store, another pack of parts in Plantimal colours is most welcome.

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Where have you seen the Lucy one? I’ve checked both Walmart & multiple Targets...nothing.:wall: It’s the only polybag I don’t have & I want that Duplo alien. 

I sadly have personally never seen the set in person :def_shrug: I was saying that based off the fact a lot of people of youtube and instagram have found piles of them at Walmart, my Walmart just has over 150 metalbeard polybags no 2019 one outside of that but I consider that one more end of 2018 anyways downsides to living in a small town where the local Walmart doesn't care when they put new stuff out (it takes them half of January to put the new sets out so for nearly half a month the Lego isle is an empty wasteland minus whatever no one wanted

7 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Maybe down the track.

Nah, I wasn't necessarily hoping (or counting on) to see that build/vehicle in particular as an actual set, as I'd just like to see either the virtual and/or possible physical model of the cinematic starcraft in its entirety. You see, as far as Lego representation goes, the DCAU's Javelin 7 has only been depicted within single playset and seen as a single MOC built by @BaronSat. *

Yeah, that's how much MOC representation the Javelin 7 has gotten:look:

12 hours ago, klinton said:

Of all of the polybags, the Rex/Plantimal one makes the most sense to include. There are plenty of Duplo critters in the line (including an entire set of actual Duplo bricks), so the Lucy/Duplo poly would be overkill. The two 3in1 polys are pretty common, and are kind of pointless to stockpile. The Starstruck Emmett poly could be cool, but again, there are the little Star critters in several commercial sets. The heart set might have been acceptable, but outside of the context of it's in story significance it's not overly appealing as a set. Plantimals are pretty scarce, appearing in only 2 commercial sets. Even if you've acquired several through purchases at the Lego Store, another pack of parts in Plantimal colours is most welcome.

While we do have a fair number of star guys, the Star Struck polybag has an exclusive sad face for the star...and Emmet. Which is what makes it valuable, I think. 

10 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I sadly have personally never seen the set in person :def_shrug: I was saying that based off the fact a lot of people of youtube and instagram have found piles of them at Walmart, my Walmart just has over 150 metalbeard polybags no 2019 one outside of that but I consider that one more end of 2018 anyways downsides to living in a small town where the local Walmart doesn't care when they put new stuff out (it takes them half of January to put the new sets out so for nearly half a month the Lego isle is an empty wasteland minus whatever no one wanted

Ah, yeah...my Walmart has had plenty of MetalBeard, Constuction Emmet, & Piece Offering...like, a lot. I was there this morning in the search for early Endgame sets...and saw two of the four polybag bins were empty. Hopefully it’ll be full of Lucy’s next go. 

I haven't yet found a single LEGO Movie 2 polybag near me in Australia. The again I don't even know if that DVD Blu Ray pack with the polybag will be available here :enough::laugh:

2 hours ago, Relena Warcraft said:

I'm really hoping we get Benny's ship from the end of the movie. Or just.... anything else Benny related, really. Especially Disco Benny.

Disco benny Minifig would be cool. :classic:

Just wondering if anyone here has attempted or completed any custom builds of any of the Apoclypseburg vehicles or anything featured later in the movie that hasn't been released?
I'm personally trying to modify my Bad Cop car to match the one Scribble Cop was being carried down the street in..
Would love to see what better master builders have done or are working on!!

On 3/28/2019 at 6:05 PM, NDLG80 said:

Just wondering if anyone here has attempted or completed any custom builds of any of the Apoclypseburg vehicles or anything featured later in the movie that hasn't been released?
I'm personally trying to modify my Bad Cop car to match the one Scribble Cop was being carried down the street in..
Would love to see what better master builders have done or are working on!!

There's a poster over on Brickset who's been posting progress shots of his build of the Bathemoth. It's amazing stuff! I'm sure we'll see more custom builds soon, when the film is released for home viewing. 

21 minutes ago, klinton said:

There's a poster over on Brickset who's been posting progress shots of his build of the Bathemoth. It's amazing stuff! I'm sure we'll see more custom builds soon, when the film is released for home viewing. 

Link?