The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

6 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I think I finally get Radiohead

What's the reference, and how does it pertain? :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What's the reference, and how does it pertain? :shrug_confused:

In TLM2...

Spoiler

When they're all thrown in the Bin of stor-arj Benny says it. Radiohead is a band that's not exactly known for poppy fun music.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

''Whats the point? There's no hope, awesomeness was a pipedream''

Haha... loved this song!!

Excuse me??? !!!!

That's not about his character, is about the actor himself

I find it kind of offensive. It sounds like a Bruce Willis has exhibited inappropriate behavior in his personal and public life

But how come he appears in the movie then? Isn't the target of movie children? 

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But how come he appears in the movie then? Isn't the target of movie children? 

Exactly.

I don't think they're saying that he's inappropriate for young children at all, but rather that young children would prefer getting other figures from the movie and don't find him as appealing.  He was in the movie to make some jokes, but kids will only really know him from that joke.

There are lots of figures in the movie that will never make it to physical form.  I think it's pretty safe to say that our only hope for ever getting him was in a CMF series 2, if that's not happening then there's really nowhere he'd work.

4 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

I don't think they're saying that he's inappropriate for young children at all, but rather that young children would prefer getting other figures from the movie and don't find him as appealing.  He was in the movie to make some jokes, but kids will only really know him from that joke.

There are lots of figures in the movie that will never make it to physical form.  I think it's pretty safe to say that our only hope for ever getting him was in a CMF series 2, if that's not happening then there's really nowhere he'd work.

Then again I think Kids would rather get him than 'generic singer number 3' 

9 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Then again I think Kids would rather get him than 'generic singer number 3' 

I'm not so sure. It's not a matter of recognizability so much as having a really unique and appealing design. The singers from the blind bag series all have very colorful, distinctive, and zany design, while the Bruce Willis minifigure would just be a serious-looking bald guy in a tank top. As such, he would mostly appeal to kids who'd already seen the movie and who both remember and understand the jokes around the character's two cameo appearances, whereas other movie-related minifigures and sets tend to be designed so that they would make fun and engaging toys even without the movie as context.

I think that's something that can be said for licensed themes in general. It's same as why if a superhero movie has a scene that takes place in an ordinary house or office building that doesn't involve any sort of action or fighting, that scene is unlikely to show up in a set. Or why civilians and background characters rarely show up in licensed sets unless they are either a part of the set's core conflict or help establish the stakes in said conflict.

Yeah plus in terms of parts usage the singers are more useful. What are they going to give McClane; cigarettes, zippo lighter and an MP5?

12 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Yeah plus in terms of parts usage the singers are more useful. What are they going to give McClane; cigarettes, zippo lighter and an MP5?

A smoothie

18 hours ago, koalayummies said:

They could give him a multipass.  

Oh well, this pretty much kills any chance I might have had to make a semi-official Corben Dallas minifig....  Still not too surprising, since as others have pointed out, most kids in the target age range probably have no clue who Bruce Willis even is (much like how most people my generation probably never even heard of W. C. Fields or Katherine Hepburn).

So I just finished building 70829 Emmet and Lucy’s Escape Buggy & have an odd selection of extra parts from bags 4. A 1x1 Red plate with clip, 1x2 dark grey jumper plate, that newish brown 1x1 rounded hinge, & the underside 1x1 dark grey slope pieces, one of each(having issues with logging into Flickr so no pictures...). I triple checked the instructions & haven’t missed anything. Anyone else have these extras?

edit...I loaded a picture to my Flickr(hopefully), link below. 

Edited by Vindicare

Yep.  Thought it quite unusual and wished they had made that mistake with another part.  Got plenty of Emmet hair already!

I was missing a DBG plate with handles in one of the other TLM2 sets.

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, did anyone else get an extra Emmet wig in the Ultrakatty set?

I also got an extra of Emmet’s hairpiece, but I‘m not sure if it was the Ultrakatty set or one of the others :grin: However, I did get unusual extra parts in that set: one of the brown 1x1 plates with a handle, one of the red 1x2 pieces with two spikes, and a dark bluish gray inverted slope (or was that in the Buggy set?)

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

So I just finished building 70829 Emmet and Lucy’s Escape Buggy & have an odd selection of extra parts from bags 4. A 1x1 Red plate with clip, 1x2 dark grey jumper plate, that newish brown 1x1 rounded hinge, & the underside 1x1 dark grey slope pieces, one of each(having issues with logging into Flickr so no pictures...). I triple checked the instructions & haven’t missed anything. Anyone else have these extras?

edit...I loaded a picture to my Flickr(hopefully), link below. 

Is it possible those extra pieces are needed for the combo model? 

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, did anyone else get an extra Emmet wig in the Ultrakatty set?

Nope, but i got one in the dreamhouse set.. Interesting *huh*

I know it's most likely not to be a set, but I do wish Lego could provide a better look at that JL Javelin starcraft seen briefly during Lucy's narration sequence:

HvQuvLI.png

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know it's most likely not to be a set, but I do wish Lego could provide a better look at that JL Javelin starcraft seen briefly during Lucy's narration sequence.

I doubt it will be a set too (mostly because unlike most of the sets it's pretty much straight DC Super Heroes subject matter instead of an original vehicle or one that has been "rebuilt" like the Apocalypseburg vehicles). But if it were to be a set, it'd probably be reduced in scale anyway—perhaps using the UCS Snowspeeder windscreen in place of that brick-built one.

6 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I doubt it will be a set too (mostly because unlike most of the sets it's pretty much straight DC Super Heroes subject matter instead of an original vehicle or one that has been "rebuilt" like the Apocalypseburg vehicles). But if it were to be a set, it'd probably be reduced in scale anyway—perhaps using the UCS Snowspeeder windscreen in place of that brick-built one.

I just want to see either a physical build of it, or the digitally rendered 3D model they utilized cinematically. :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Is it possible those extra pieces are needed for the combo model? 

Ooh, good thought, maybe that’s it. Just checked the back of the instructions but there is no mention of it on the page that shows the combination. That definitely sounds plausible though.