Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Johnmeel said:

I'm hoping 70847 is Benny's Spaceteam part 2

Well Matthew Aston was asked on the topic of a Space squad two and he said that they'd "have to see a full year of sales" first though given how well this set is selling I'd say it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the set in 2020

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Well Matthew Aston was asked on the topic of a Space squad two and he said that they'd "have to see a full year of sales" first though given how well this set is selling I'd say it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the set in 2020

This is ironic, because I already have one Space Squad and whether or not I get a second is going to entirely depend on whether or not they make a follow-up. I personally don't like having two minifigs in my display that are exactly identical, and I'll likely never have more than a small Classic Space layout anyway. I personally would much rather have one Classic Space astronaut of each colour than two yellow, two white and two pink. I'll only get a second Space Squad if they don't make a follow-up with red, black, green, grey or some other new colour. I hope they at least put a red, black or green Spaceman in some other TLM2 set. 

4 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Was he also asked about Jenny's gender?

I think a Weeding Cake set is unlikely.... 

Maybe something like a Ceremonial Ceremony "battle pack" with some of the characters featured in that scene? 

We know for a fact Ruth Bader Ginsburg is being released as a LEGO minifigure, so there has to be at least one set based on the Ceremonial Ceremony

7 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Jenny is whatever you want her/him/they to be. 

A great look at some of the concept models for those who can't go to the LEGO House. Sadly Benny's Battle Buggy and the Bathemoth have no chance of becoming a set...

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think a Weeding Cake set is unlikely.... 

Maybe something like a Ceremonial Ceremony "battle pack" with some of the characters featured in that scene? 

We know for a fact Ruth Bader Ginsburg is being released as a LEGO minifigure, so there has to be at least one set based on the Ceremonial Ceremony

Maybe just one or two floors of the cake with the statues of Batman and Queen Watevra, the dolphin clock, the engaged couple themselves, Ice Cream Cone and maybe peeled Banarnar. I guess they would however include at least one or two more minifigures to balance things out, perhaps Lucy with new expressions: a happy one and a shocked one upon realizing the truth and/or Emmet 

Edited by Fifulin

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

A great look at some of the concept models for those who can't go to the LEGO House. Sadly Benny's Battle Buggy and the Bathemoth have no chance of becoming a set...

Kind of expected that but disappointed nonetheless with the wall-mounted display case—was hoping a video might offer me some better views of the back of the Bat-Hemoth since I've been trying to figure parts of it out on LDD.

41 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Maybe just one or two floors of the cake with the statues of Batman and Queen Watevra, the dolphin clock, the engaged couple themselves, Ice Cream Cone and maybe peeled Banarnar. I guess they would however include at least one or two more minifigures to balance things out, perhaps Lucy with new expressions: a happy one and a shocked one upon realizing the truth and/or Emmet 

Or possibly a few more layers, but only the front half of the cake and open-backed so that they can feature some of the infiltration scenes from the interior.

Edited by Lyichir

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Man, these two got me! I really do wish they can be actual sets. (And I didn't know that the Rex-Wing Fighters has some size to it!)

1wyC2AV.png

iOC3dLl.png

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

14 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

He's not stated either but he has implied Jenny's female, then again as said previously Jenny can be whatever you want 'em to be

Also on an unrelated note, why the heck did they cut Chainsaw Dave's and Benny's vehicles from the film, surely they could of just slid them in during the Custom Vehicles sequence

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

He's not stated either but he has implied Jenny's female, then again as said previously Jenny can be whatever you want 'em to be

Also on an unrelated note, why the heck did they cut Chainsaw Dave's and Benny's vehicles from the film, surely they could of just slid them in during the Custom Vehicles sequence

Probably just time constraints. Based on how many Apocalypseburg concepts there were it would not surprise me if more time was spent there in earlier drafts. Adding another vehicle would require both time to introduce it as well as time for Sweet Mayhem's ship to comically dispatch it.

I do wish more of these vehicles could have made it, especially since they're unlikely to be able to be used in future installments, at least not without modification to suit what would likely be a seriously different set of settings and aesthetics.

I suppose this sort of thing probably happens for all sorts of themes, though. It's just that we don't always get such a clear a window into what might have been.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Probably just time constraints. Based on how many Apocalypseburg concepts there were it would not surprise me if more time was spent there in earlier drafts. Adding another vehicle would require both time to introduce it as well as time for Sweet Mayhem's ship to comically dispatch it.

I do wish more of these vehicles could have made it, especially since they're unlikely to be able to be used in future installments, at least not without modification to suit what would likely be a seriously different set of settings and aesthetics.

I suppose this sort of thing probably happens for all sorts of themes, though. It's just that we don't always get such a clear a window into what might have been.

I know what you mean but wouldn't it make more sense if they used the named character vehicles instead of the generic ones?:def_shrug:

Just now, Lyichir said:

I doubt there will even be a LEGO Movie 3. The Second Part did not perform well financially

33 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I know what you mean but wouldn't it make more sense if they used the named character vehicles instead of the generic ones?:def_shrug:

They likely simply cut the scene where the cut vehicles would have shown up, and didn't have time to fit it into the scenes that we saw.

For those of you who have seen the movie (please answer my question without spoiling anything) are there any other spaceships in the movie belonging to Rex and following his colour scheme that are likely to be made into a set and smaller than the existing Rexplorer? Because I would love to have a spaceship from Rex, but there's something about the Rexplorer that really bugs me. And I can't afford it anyway, at least not without sacrificing some other set I want more. So, are we likely to get a Rex-Shuttle? Or should I cave and get the Rextreme Ofroader?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

15 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

For those of you who have seen the movie (please answer my question without spoiling anything) are there any other spaceships in the movie belonging to Rex and following his colour scheme that are likely to be made into a set and smaller than the existing Rexplorer? Because I would love to have a spaceship from Rex, but there's something about the Rexplorer that really bugs me. And I can't afford it anyway, at least not without sacrificing some other set I want more. So, are we likely to get a Rex-Shuttle? Or should I cave and get the Rextreme Ofroader?

I'm not sure about the possibility but I think what's smaller than the Rexplorer are the Rex-Wing fighters as they're basically fighters not cargo spaceships.

26 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

In the video I posted a few posts up you can see the Rexwing-Fighters, they appear in the movie and I'd say they have a high chance of being in a set

I am hoping for the skull car as well. It looks like a nice little build. It could come with the Panda Guy and another random citizen. 

Does anyone have an good pictures of it from the movie?

Edited by krazycp

So I just watched TLM2 again and Chainsaw Dave's Sawvehicle does actually appear in the movie (albeit in a systar-combo built) 

Looking at the videos from the LEGO House of the sets, I’m really hoping that other section of Apocalypseburg becomes reality. Otherwise, I may have to finally MOC something for real...I would love to see more from the ‘Burg. 

Part 2 of the TLM2 Exhibition at the LEGO House, also confirming the Apocalypseburg Cranetruck isn't going to be a set

I don't know if this is allowed to post here, but if not, just tell me and i'll delete it. I made a stop motion test with Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi and i must say that she was a lot easier for me to animate than regular minifigs or minidolls. I'm currently sick, so that's why i had time to make it and it may reflect on my voice :classic: