Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

19 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

In the game all the space peeps are male, even Jenny but the game also changes a LOT from the movie so I'd take it with a grain of salt

Well, I did hope Jenny could be female, as some kids might have imagined generic figures to be, but I have long suspected that Jenny might be named for minifig originator and classic Space designer Jens Nyggard Knudsen -- a man. 

Watching the video here are some of the figures I hope we get, Alto Anthem, Catherine Cat (sure looks good even as a normal minifig), Apocalypesburg Cleopatra, DJ, Dekker (that armor print looks amazing), Denny (maybe this is a hint that a second space pack could happen?), Dr. Dog, Fox Girl, Harmony, Kendal, Apocalypesburg Lord Vampire, Apocalypesburg Marsha the mermaid, Maximus (between that sweet face print and armor with the mohawk pieces on the back makes for one cool figure), Apocalypesburg Mime, Apocalypesburg Panda suit guy, Maybe between the 2-3 unknown wave 2 sets and if we got a wave 3 and 2nd CMF we would get some of those neat figures. I hope we get a 2nd CMF so many cool yet to be made figures maybe they'd pull a TLBM and release a second a year after the first. 

2 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

I would love to see another wave, but was the movie successful enough to justify it?

The question is more if the sets were successful enough to justify it.  They seem like they've sold pretty well to me.

Hmm

That is odd... what set could the Panda Guy and the Mermaid be on? Another mad max vehicle?

Are these rumors for the 2 remaining sets of the summer wave, right?

Because if so, I dont get why they didnt reveal them at the toy fair along with the other sets

They are not spoilery or anything

Edited by Robert8

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the sets was Sistar System Metal Beard.

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the sets was Sistar System Metal Beard.

Him and the other Systar System variants will probably show up, though I don't necessarily expect Metalbeard to be in a set all by himself... curious what he might be paired with.

I almost wonder if we might get an expansion to the spa set, since there's plenty more of that scene that could be put together into a set (like the hair dryers seen in some of the previews).

The Space Temple is another scene that could very well show up as a set, though I don't think I'd necessarily expect Metalbeard to show up in that one unless he were reduced in size.

6 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Skull Car?

I definitely want that Skull Car to be a set too! Looks darn awesome! And same here too for Systar System Metalbeard!

And this might be long shot but it could be possible that one of the two unrevealed sets could a Rex-Wing Fighter?

Well given how these sets weren't revealed with the rest I'd assume they'd have to be rather spoilery 

Spoiler

Likely Benny's Spaceship from the end of the film (That'd probably be held back for showing both Balthazaar as a good guy and would likely include a raptor fighting them)

and Either Whatev'ra and Batman Spaceship(Held back for the same reasons as the Benny ship), the space temple (It'd probably have a play feature showing Emmet destroying it) or a Rex-wing fighter (Would likely spoil Rex being the bad guy)

As for the Apocalypseburgers they could just be included in the spaceship sets as they were present there.

or maybe they're just being held back to keep a hype revealing the rest of the set's at a later date  

There are a few options for the Apocalypseburgers. There's a high chance we'll be getting that big blue truck from the trailers and also the helicopterwagon with the wrecking balls. They've been developed with playfeatures in them like they showed us in the lego house videos.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are a few options for the Apocalypseburgers. There's a high chance we'll be getting that big blue truck from the trailers and also the helicopterwagon with the wrecking balls. They've been developed with playfeatures in them like they showed us in the lego house videos.

I wouldn't say high chance, all of the models were developed with play features in mind.  In fact I think anything shown off at LEGO House is very unlikely to be made into a set directly, otherwise they wouldn't be showing it off.

Our best bet is likely the spaceships at the end of the movie.  Perfect chance to include a mini Systar Metal Beard, Benny, and the Apocalypseburg figures.  I'd actually bet on this version of the helicopter-wagon since it was featured more prominently in the movie, plus the ships from the main cast.  They're pretty small, easy to include multiple in a set.

4 hours ago, Fifulin said:

I would kinda like to see the dolphin clock included in a set :shrug_oh_well:

Same! I kind of hope that if we get a set of the Space Temple, the clock might be included as well as a small build.

5 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Any news on when TLM CMF series 2 is coming out?

We probably aren't even getting one, its just wishful thinking and speculation 

On 3/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, Lyichir said:

Same! I kind of hope that if we get a set of the Space Temple, the clock might be included as well as a small build.

Having not seen the movie yet what's the Space Temple and dolphin clock? what do they look like and do they play large enough of a role to possibly get a set? Sounds interesting off names alone. 

2 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

We probably aren't even getting one, its just wishful thinking and speculation 

Having not seen the movie yet what's the Space Temple and dolphin clock? what do they look like and do they play large enough of a role to possibly get a set? Sounds interesting off names alone. 

The space temple is basically a big wedding cake on which Batman and Queen Whatevra have their wedding. The dolphin clock is basically a dolphin with a clock on its side counting down to 5:15, which is the time armamageddon would be happening

We now have the european prices for the 3 missing sets:

70847 - 9,99 

70848 - 19,99

70849 - 49,99

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We now have the european prices for the 3 missing sets:

70847 - 9,99 

70848 - 19,99

70849 - 49,99

Im expecting 70849 to be the Sistar-System variant of Metalbeard, plus a small side-build of the spa along with some other Sistar-System variants.