-Rexcelsior

-Queen Whatevra Palace

-Spa

-Triple couch mech

-????

-????

We dont yet of there will be a thrid wave next winter buy is very very likely

On 2/10/2019 at 6:49 PM, Lyichir said:

I'd love it if the Lego licensed TV series could someday approach the same level of realism

The TV shows aren't done like this because of advertising standards which don't apply to films. Such strict standards do not exist in all countries (I know they exist in the UK but aren't as strict in the US for example) but lego aren't gonna pay to make the show twice. Ninjago (for example) isn't done like it is because they can't make it look like it's 100% lego but also because they don't want it too.

Since ninjago is supposedly ending but also not ending I wouldn't mind if they shifted the art-style in the opposite direction and made it look not lego, more like avatar (but that's wildly off-topic so I won't say anymore.

I just received the Popup Party Bus, and Movie Maker sets via a promotion I won earlier this January (bol.com dutch webstore)

Really like the Party Bus set when actually building and having it, yes even the minidolls. 

The colors used are fantastic, and it's a spaceship with a not so usual but still great build, and the disco light effect works well too.

Movie Maker set doesn't have a lot of volume, but there's still some fun things in it.

On another note, anyone else got issues with Rex' hairpiece coming off easy?

As for the new sets, certainly waiting for some video reviews.

The palace looks like a Movie Maker scale set, not too hyped about that.

Spa certainly does have a lot of cool pieces and prints, and no stickers.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Since ninjago is supposedly ending but also not ending I wouldn't mind if they shifted the art-style in the opposite direction and made it look not lego, more like avatar (but that's wildly off-topic so I won't say anymore.

While I don't watch the show, I could get behind that notion, as I'd prefer their tie-in animation to be either "all-or-nothing" so to speak.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, there are three more yet-to-be-seen sets expected to come according to Brickset. :wink:

Thank goodness. :grin_wub:

I would definitely agree with what others have said and say the triple decker couch is better then the main build, which the main build looks fine I guess. Sadly I have not seen the movie yet so I might be missing out on who exactly the characters are, thus the spa set does not interest me in the slightest. I like the palace though, it has a very unique look to it which makes it stand out, and there are some great new pieces here. The Rexcelsior also looks like a unique spacecraft build. This wave does not impress me as much as the first wave did, but I like the sets. Hope the movie is as good as the sets.

Hey hey hey

What the heck is that

Spoiler

Balthazar in bat form????

That wasn't in the movie, right?

That has to be a new mold all together (except for the hairpiece)

These all look great, but the spa set does seem to be a bit too pricey...still a great set. I’ll echo others on Batman not having the fuzzy cape is a bummer, the couch looking better than the mech, & the weird sized builds for those characters in the Palace. I do really like the character builds in the spa set, especially the cat.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Hey hey hey

What the heck is that

Hide contents

Balthazar in bat form????

That wasn't in the movie, right?

That has to be a new mold all together (except for the hairpiece)

It's not one piece. I saw a picture somewhere online recently that showed the pieces separated and specified it uses a certain size bar. for the life of me i can't recall where I saw it (probably twitter) but if I see it again I'll let you know.

I really hope we'll get more Apocalypseburgers! 

I really need Gandalf and Alfred! Besides them Marsha, Cleopatra and Larry Poppins would also be cool!

I love that glamdisco version of Batman. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but he looks good. That soldier or knight or something is great as well. The castle looks really sci-fi to me.

I like the spa set the best. It’s fun, freaky and the colours are great. Also all those figs look so fun. Does the transblue hair come off? 

The mech is my least favorite, but that mad unikitty is awesome!

ok is it me or does the palace look like something from the neverending story a definite must buy for me along with the spa I only want couch mech for the fab unikitty variant

Wonder if we'll get a 3rd wave like the first movie?

Spoiler

Not a lot left for that, but there's that skull-car and about a billion spaceships to be made. I'm sure we'll see one specific ship in the 2nd wave, but I've been wrong about so much with this movie that I don't even want to guess what the 6th set is.

18 minutes ago, npgcole said:

Here's the new bat piece with Balthazar's head removed

That is a cool piece! So, i can put on my vampire bat cmf fig head on it?

7 minutes ago, npgcole said:

Here's the new bat piece with Balthazar's head removed:

Also it is interesting that the Zen Bunny and Elephant are there. I kinda want them in a set now

46 minutes ago, Borex said:

That is a cool piece! So, i can put on my vampire bat cmf fig head on it?

No. Minidoll necks are standard rod sized, not the same thickness as minifigure heads. So a minifigure game could fit around the bat neck, but minifigure heads won’t fit on unless you used a 1x1 stud with open hole on the bottom of it. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

No. Minidoll necks are standard rod sized, not the same thickness as minifigure heads. So a minifigure game could fit around the bat neck, but minifigure heads won’t fit on unless you used a 1x1 stud with open hole on the bottom of it. 

Thats a shame :-( 

and baby heads? They’re smaller right? And Scooby Doo?

Just got the Benny and Sweet Mayhem brickheadz delivered from Target. They have the same Limited Edition stickers as the more expensive Walmart sets.

1 minute ago, Lionbear8 said:

the bat-Hemoth!

goodness me, if that becomes a set!!

must buy!!!

Whats the bat-hemoth? Is it that large canon thing on top of the Batbunker?