Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

48 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Where can i find them? They're not on their instagram and i'd really like to see them. 

Most pictures from that exhibittion have been posted by a LOT of different accounts, I saw them in Paul Seeley's story last week but idk where you can find them now

3 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Has anyone in the US found the Star Struck Emmet poly? I’ve seen plenty of Lucy, metalbeard, and Emmet’s Piece Offering but cannot locate the stupid SSE one.

That’s because it comes with the video game 

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s because it comes with the video game 

Thanks.  I swear people claimed finding it when the polys first started showing up but I must’ve read something wrong.

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Most pictures from that exhibittion have been posted by a LOT of different accounts, I saw them in Paul Seeley's story last week but idk where you can find them now

Unless I missed something, that wasn't a set.  It was a display piece/prototype for the movie.

EDIT: I think I was mistaken, pretty sure I found what you're talking about

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

New LEGO MOVIE 2 Sets!! :drool: :wub:

Heh, I kinda dig the shaping on Queen Watevra’s ‘So-Not-Evil’ Space Palace, while Benny in the Spa set looks to have a new expression. :classic:

7 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

I just saw these, posted by Lego themselves, on Facebook.  It is really neat to have my first look be when Lego releases them since so many I see here first! All three look excellent. I'll probably have to choose just one (And that will likely be influenced by which one my kids are most interested in)  I love the mech in this one. But also the Domes in the Not Evil Palace, and the star and hearts (after seeing the movie I really want some of these guys)  And I can see that palace being used as a backdrop for play.  But I also love all the characters at the Spa and those transparent blue pieces, and the child vampire!.  Feels very "Elsa"

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

Now that’s what I call a welcome surprise :wub: The Couch Mech was hilarious, I’m glad though this was revealed after the release of the movie, would have spoiled the surprise :tongue: The Spa looks excellent, pretty much what I imagined upon hearing the set name (what’s up with Balthazar’s evil bat form though?). The palace is not what I expected, but looks quite unique (and includes a weirdly sized version of the ice cream cone bloke while the queen looks similar to the one in the Movie Maker set). Now there’s only one set missing, right?

Edit: more pictures here, including boxart:

http://brickjournal.com/index.php/2019/02/12/lego-group-unveils-three-more-building-sets-from-the-lego-movie-2-the-second-part-as-part-of-its-call-for-families-to-play-together/

Edited by Lego-Freak

7 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Wow! The Triple-Decker Couch Mech looks pretty good, just wish they gave Sweet Mayhem a new expression (or the angry one that's exclusive to Metalbeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike) The Spa is really awesome. Balthazar looks cool (i really hope you can swap his and the bat's heads around). The Spa itself is beautiful with the trans blue and white and i have wanted a happy face for the regular Warrior Kitty since i saw that Ultrakatty had one. The 'So-Not-Evil' Space is kinda a disappointment to me. While i like the build and it's colors and shaping, it doesn't look very big to me. However, that's not that bad, it's not the worst part. The figures are the worst part. The female vampire is the only exception. I am disappointed that Batman doesn't have his long, furry cape (maybe it is there, but i don't see it) I hate that queen Watevra, her guard and Ice Cream Cone are scaled down so much! I was hoping for some exclusice expressions for Watevra and Ice Cream Cone, but this is just sad. Hope the queen's guards come in other sets, possibly in another wave, where they are not scaled down. Of course there is one more set left to be revealed, so perhaps at least one of them is included there? The vampire, hearts and star are probably the highlights of this set as of now. Maybe when more pictures get released of the interior, i'll change my mind.

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

15 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Here are both of Benny's new expressions from the Spa set (love that second one! :thumbup: :laugh: ):

70837-LEGO-MOVIE-2-Shimmer-Shine-Sparkle-Spa-Figure-4-646x1024.jpg70837-LEGO-MOVIE-2-Shimmer-Shine-Sparkle-Spa-Figure-3-645x1024.jpg

Really like the Triple Decker Couch! The mech is okay I guess, but the couch will be the perfect display piece for the main cast. 

I need that Batman!

Just now, Renny The Spaceman said:

Love the Triple decker couch and the new Benny but am I the only one a little disappointed Benny's new Spaceship isn't in this wave? 

Nope, I'm disappointed in that too

I LOVE the Triple-Decker-Couch mech, but I'm very glad I saw the movie before these sets were revealed. That convertible was a nice suprise. 

But I am wondering though, why doesn't Benny have his robotarm in the spa set? I'm pretty sure he had that arm untill the Catchy Song scene were they all get make-overs

The sets are 30$, 70$ and 100$ btw (the spa feels really overpriced for what you get)

3 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Love the Triple decker couch and the new Benny but am I the only one a little disappointed Benny's new Spaceship isn't in this wave

You know, there are three more yet-to-be-seen sets expected to come according to Brickset. :wink:

The couch mech feels a little overpriced, although I love the actual couch build since I never got the original double decker one, and Unikitty just looks gorgeous. The spa is amazing, I love the colors and crystalline detailing! Balthazar looks awesome, and I really love the new crystal vampire hairpieces. His bat form is a cool new mold and I like that they’re giving us two of his hairpieces in one set! The palace looks great from the outside, but I’m wondering if there’s any actual room to play, and the shrunken buildable figures are very disappointing. 

14 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, there are three more yet-to-be-seen sets expected to come according to Brickset. :wink:

Make sure to keep Plastic Claws that you can't actually cross crossed!

I want the couch, since i was stupod and missed the perfect set last time around, but 40$ cad is ridiculous, the last one was 17.99$ here for more, exclusive or hard to get minifigs. All thst is new here is unikitty...

Honestly surprised that the spa doesn't include Zen Bunny and that Elephant or that carrot guy shown briefly in a tv spot maybe an upcoming set from wave 3 or one of the yet to be seen wave 2 sets? 

I also wish Batman had the cape even if it was a normal size one without any cape feels off? 

1 minute ago, Nexogeek said:

Honestly surprised that the spa doesn't include Zen Bunny and that Elephant or that carrot guy shown briefly in a tv spot maybe an upcoming set from wave 3 or one of the yet to be seen wave 2 sets? 

I also wish Batman had the cape even if it was a normal size one without any cape feels off? 

Both the Zen Bunny and Carrot Guy have big piece counts, including them would skyrocket the price of the spa (which already is high)

Oh these look great!

I wasnt expecting pics so early.... 

I think the other 3 sets have to be super spoilery and thats why they werent revealed here. 

New Elementary - CONTEST: BUILD AND FIX

Remember the large new hull element from The LEGO® Movie 2 70821 Emmet and Benny's ‘Build and Fix' Workshop? It was dismissed by many as a “<insert that tiresome argument>” POOP part... but what if it actually opens up new creative possibilities?

So we're asking you to make an amazing LEGO® creation using this strange new element in our Build and Fix contest; we want you to BUILD something to FIX those negative opinions of this element by showing just how imaginatively it can be used!

lego-competition-prizes.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks
Why has "Junior-ized" been replaced with "<insert that tiresome argument>" and can't be edited?

The new sets all look amazing!

I was looking forward to the Sparkle Spa, and boy does it not disappoint. I'll probably need to modify it for my layout, but I will make it work because that is just too awesome not to.

But the big set is definitely the best. "Queen Whatevra's So Not Evil Space Palace'. That makes more sense . . though I suppose this means no 'This is not an Evil Lair! It is a Space! It is a So-Not-Evil Space!' joke. XD (No spoilers haven't seen the movie yet.)

I'll admit that it's confusing as to whether this set is trying to be microscale or not, it looks like the first two levels, including the interior rooms, and the balconies, are all fitted to minifigures, but the bubble 'Escape pods' are all tiny and only the main one for the Queen herself is big enough for a minifigure - and considering the Queen is supposed to be so large . . come to think of it, though, this might just be a 'shrunken-down' version of Queen Whatevra. Again, no spoilers. 

But either way, this wave has not disappointed, and I will probably get all three of these. 

I agree the Queen palace should have been bigger. But it looks great anyway

There are only 2 more sets for the second wave because I forgot the Rexcelsior is part of the second one. 

We are missing Sytar Benny and Sytar Metalbeard. 

Hmmn I think we are done with Apocalypsburg with the Triple Couch mech set. I dont think there will be more sets related to the area. The remaining ones will be Systar System themed for sure.

After seeing the movie, Im even more confident Fabuland characters will return here