Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

On 2/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Some new pictures have appeared online of LEGO Movie 2 props from the LEGO House including an Apocalypse Classic Space vehicle with 8 wheels! 

Can anyone point me to these? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

5 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Can anyone point me to these? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

You can find them on the official LEGO House instagram account

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

May?

Isnt that too soon for a second wave?

It does seem a little soon, I agree. But its what the catalog says and not some kind of leak/speculation.

I got Awesome Remix Emmet, Gone Golfin’ President Business, and Vest Friend Rex yesterday, and they are all really nice minifigures. Rex is probably my favorite because I just really like the character. President Business was a must have when I first saw images of the series and he is really fun, I especially like the new golf club piece. The Emmet minifigure is not the most exciting, but I love getting new Emmet expressions. The new hairpiece is nice and I like the printed 1x2 for his phone. I hope to get more minifigures from this series in the near future. Also, have you all had an easy time feeling for characters? I managed to identify all three without difficulty.

4 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

I got Awesome Remix Emmet, Gone Golfin’ President Business, and Vest Friend Rex yesterday, and they are all really nice minifigures. Rex is probably my favorite because I just really like the character. President Business was a must have when I first saw images of the series and he is really fun, I especially like the new golf club piece. The Emmet minifigure is not the most exciting, but I love getting new Emmet expressions. The new hairpiece is nice and I like the printed 1x2 for his phone. I hope to get more minifigures from this series in the near future. Also, have you all had an easy time feeling for characters? I managed to identify all three without difficulty.

It’s been quite easy the couple times I’ve done it. There’s only been a few that I wasn’t sure about. 

22 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I need Turkish Airlines flight attendant, Cecil B. DeBatman and Russian Dancer minifigs, stat! Oh, and those adorable Roman and Russian babies, too.

Yeah, Cecil B. DeBatman's torso print was the one particular thing I'd wish to see come from this commercial! :smug:

On another note, if they can easily utilize it for commercials and promotionals, why can't Lego apply their cinematic style of animation to their tie-in TV shows and videogames, just with a little less airbrushing? I'd at least be so much more interested in watching their product tie-in TV shows if they did. :def_shrug:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeah, Cecil B. DeBatman's torso print was the one particular thing I'd wish to see come from this commercial! :smug:

On another note, if they can easily utilize it for commercials and promotionals, why can't Lego apply their cinematic style of animation to their tie-in TV shows and videogames, just with a little less airbrushing? I'd at least be so much more interested in watching their product tie-in TV shows if they did. :def_shrug:

Probably because they're not literally being paid by sponsors to do so? Not to mention a 10 or more episode TV series requires a heck of a lot more animation than these commercials, and in fact runs for much longer than any of the full movies. I would not be surprised if the production timeline is much different as well.

EDIT: Anyway, big news! An official Lego News video from the Lego Lab YouTube channel features more pics of the Rexcelsior, which should put any fears of a paltry interior to rest:

Edited by Lyichir

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That'd be awesome!

46 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

EDIT: Anyway, big news! An official Lego News video from the Lego Lab YouTube channel features more pics of the Rexcelsior, which should put any fears of a paltry interior to rest:

-video-

That does look pretty good, but I'm still not sold on the set itself

53 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Probably because they're not literally being paid by sponsors to do so? Not to mention a 10 or more episode TV series requires a heck of a lot more animation than these commercials, and in fact runs for much longer than any of the full movies. I would not be surprised if the production timeline is much different as well.

I think you overestimate how much a Turkish airline is going to pay for an in-flight safety video. It certainly had a much lower budget than 3 and half minutes of The Lego Movie 2 animation, yet still looked decently close to the same style. So given that, I'm not sure your response offers any valuable insight. 

On 2/9/2019 at 2:12 AM, Lionbear8 said:

I wonder at the end if its a hint for a Lego Batman Movie 2 official announcement.

Seemed more like a hint towards a 'Lego Movie 3' - remarking that the sequel had just finished filming and that they were going to immediately 'greenlight a third video'.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That does look pretty good, but I'm still not sold on the set itself

The set itself is a bit of a mixed bag. Personally i think they should have went UCS scale to make it slightly larger - giving a few more rooms and providing perhaps one or two more minifigures. It just feels small - especially with how cramped the compartments are when the Raptors are added to the microrooms.

58 minutes ago, danth said:

I think you overestimate how much a Turkish airline is going to pay for an in-flight safety video. It certainly had a much lower budget than 3 and half minutes of The Lego Movie 2 animation, yet still looked decently close to the same style. So given that, I'm not sure your response offers any valuable insight. 

You say "a Turkish airline" as if this is a small organization. According to Wikipedia, Turkish Airlines is the largest international passenger carrier in the world by number of passenger destinations. That said, I'm not assuming this airline safety video has some outstanding budget. But it's also extremely short—as contrasted with a typical TV season, which is much longer than even a full movie. Even Ninjago's shorter seasons tend to run for 10 22-minute episodes. And it also benefits from reusing the assets from the movie itself, which have been developed through a longer development pipeline than might necessarily be afforded to a yearly franchise like Ninjago or Nexo Knights.

Believe me, I'd love it if the Lego licensed TV series could someday approach the same level of realism as these sorts of promotional featurettes. But I have plenty of reason to doubt that we've gotten to that point just yet.

Brickset added a bunch of set numbers/names to their database, and two that stood out to me were:

70838: Queen Watevra's 'So-Not-Evil' Space

70837: Shimmer & Shine Sparkle Spa!

then it goes to 70847-70849 as just being sets for that with no names. And then the next entry is 60227: Moon Base, which doesn't seem to be a TLM2 set, and that's a shame.

1 hour ago, obsidianheart said:

Brickset added a bunch of set numbers/names to their database, and two that stood out to me were:

then it goes to 70847-70849 as just being sets for that with no names. And then the next entry is 60227: Moon Base, which doesn't seem to be a TLM2 set, and that's a shame.

We already knew about those sets from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, and we've seen the Shimmer & Shine Sparkle Spa! in pictures from the LEGO House

3 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Anything that’s 60 - - - is a city set.

My guesses for upcoming sets:

SPOILERS FROM THE MOVIE

Spoiler

-Emmet's triple decker couch/mech

-Queen Whatevra in spaceship form with white Batman

-Lucy/Sweet Mayhem spaceship

-Benny's spaship

-Syspocalypstar (another D2C)

Also, I see room for another minifigure series FOR SURE: glittery Superman, glittery Superwoman, Mad Max Panda Guy, Alfred, Velma, Fox Suit Girl, Jason Mamoa Aquaman, etc...  

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

My guesses for upcoming sets:

SPOILERS FROM THE MOVIE

Hide contents

-Emmet's triple decker couch/mech

-Queen Whatevra in spaceship form with white Batman

-Lucy/Sweet Mayhem spaceship

-Benny's spaship

-Syspocalypstar (another D2C)

Also, I see room for another minifigure series FOR SURE: glittery Superman, glittery Superwoman, Mad Max Panda Guy, Alfred, Velma, Fox Suit Girl, Jason Mamoa Aquaman, etc...  

Spoiler

Isn't Queen Whatevra's spaceship form already in the Whatevra Builder Box?

I also think they would add that plane/spaceship version of Unikitty to either the Lucy/Sweet Mayhem ship or Benny's ship. It would make sense and its not that large so it makes a good sidebuild.

Besides that I think we could also get some more Apocalypse vehicles. Especially the blue-crane-truck and plane-helicopter-wagon (idk what to call them). A small set with 1 or 2 Apocalypsebuildings and a cyborg would also be cool, preferably without an Emmet and just some random Apocalypseburgers

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Hide contents

Isn't Queen Whatevra's spaceship form already in the Whatevra Builder Box?

I also think they would add that plane/spaceship version of Unikitty to either the Lucy/Sweet Mayhem ship or Benny's ship. It would make sense and its not that large so it makes a good sidebuild.

Besides that I think we could also get some more Apocalypse vehicles. Especially the blue-crane-truck and plane-helicopter-wagon (idk what to call them). A small set with 1 or 2 Apocalypsebuildings and a cyborg would also be cool, preferably without an Emmet and just some random Apocalypseburgers

Spoiler

I meant her Batwing form, seen in the final battle against the Rexcelsior

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hide contents

Don’t forget

Bruce Willis 

:head_back:

I think the prospect of a second CMF series has less to do with the potential for 20 more figs and more with its predicted profitability. Series 2 of TLBM and The Simpsons were not as succesful as their respective precursors (and TLNM didn’t get a follow-up series at all). Of course there’s a second Disney series coming up, but that’s three years after the first one, not just one :purrr: I wouldn’t complain if we saw a second series after all, but I’m also not counting on it.

Didn't watch the movie yet but was the Wizard of Oz even in the movie. If not, then they use any unrelated license to fill up a CMF series 2.

Has anyone in the US found the Star Struck Emmet poly? I’ve seen plenty of Lucy, metalbeard, and Emmet’s Piece Offering but cannot locate the stupid SSE one.

16 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

Didn't watch the movie yet but was the Wizard of Oz even in the movie. If not, then they use any unrelated license to fill up a CMF series 2.

Well, I dont really see this as a spoiler but I'll use a spoiler tag anyway

Spoiler

The Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow and Dorothy can briefly be seen dancing in Harmony Town. The Tinman has a short appearance as one of Queen Whatevra's witnesses at the wedding

2 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Yes. Fairly prominently.

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

, and we've seen the Shimmer & Shine Sparkle Spa! in pictures from the LEGO House

Where can i find them? They're not on their instagram and i'd really like to see them.