Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Please stop the fighting at once. I'll ask everyone to respect others sensibilities about spoilers and what they consider to actually be spoilers. People react differently, and it's no big deal to edit your post to add a spoiler tag, instead of starting an argument. For now (and for the few next weeks), if you want to discuss something that is in the movie and not publicly in sets or trailers, please use the spoiler tag. If you have a doubt, use the spoiler tag. Thanks.

Oh and this is an official staff warning.

10 hours ago, telaruhn said:

Gone Golfin' President Business is also nice. His club is a cool new part. I'm planning on changing his head and hair to make him into a regular golfer guy. Anyone have any suggestions on substitute headgear for him?

CMF S.7 Bagpiper's beret!

Man, I was gonna wait to find Golfin' P.B., but now I have to try out that combo.

Edited by K_Tiger

9 hours ago, danth said:

Nope. Stop it with spoilers. It's insanely inconsiderate. You need to be called out. If you feel bad because I called out your behavior, consider the possibility that you deserve to feel bad, and need to change your behavior. 

I feel bad because I was just trying to be helpful and you tried to make me out to be lording it over everybody else because I'd seen the movie. That's not fair, it wasn't my intention, and I'm sorry. I've put the offending part of the original post in spoiler tags. But if we're going to take a hard line on spoiler tagging discussion of whether or not purported "leaks" appear in the movie or not, then I feel that should be applied to all discussion of those leaks. It's hard for me to remember what needs spoiler tagging and what doesn't if everyone else is discussing them with no concern over whether they're a spoiler or not.

I have a question for those who have seen the movie

Is there potential for another CMF series? 

Found 4 different TLM2 Polybags at a store, they were kind of out of sight, piled together, and not many of them.

Just happy to see Polybags circulating stores in Europe.

• 30527 Lucy vs. Alien Invader
  • 30528 Mini Master-Building MetalBeard
  • 30340 Emmet's Piece' Offering
  • 30460 Rex's Plantimal Ambush
Edited by TeriXeri

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Some new pictures have appeared online of LEGO Movie 2 props from the LEGO House including an Apocalypse Classic Space vehicle with 8 wheels! 

22 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Forget the vehicle. That is a Green Classic Spaceman with a proper Classic-style helmet. 

This is promising. This is very promising. 

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think we'll be getting that as a set

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I would say it's very possible, especially if unlike the first series they include mini-doll characters in addition to minifigures. TBH I don't quite know why they didn't for the first one, considering their prominence and the fact that the Unikitty figure kind of renders the argument that only regular minifigures can be included moot.

9 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Yes that needed to be said. I was short on time and hastily feeling for the few I wanted from this series in the same lame scattered walmart manner and mistakenly thought her 1x3 brick head was Benny's toolbox. When I opened the bag and saw freaking Unikitty :oh3::facepalm: I was so disappointed... in myself:head_back:. 

If there's anything I've learned from going through stores to look for minifigures - make sure you have plenty of time! Sorry that happened to you. I almost mistook Scratchen-Post's hair as Dorothy's until I found out that Dorothy's was a softer plastic. The similar animals also played a role in that. For Benny, just make sure the 1x3 brick has a handle instead of studs on top next time :wink:

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

CMF S.7 Bagpiper's beret!

Man, I was gonna wait to find Golfin' P.B., but now I have to try out that combo.

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

A good substitute headgear would be the beret I think. The black would look good with the torso/leg prints too. 

Thank you so much for the suggestions! :classic: The Bagpiper's hat would be perfect if the red plaid didn't clash so much with the other plaids. It makes me want to get that part in more colors... The beret that comes the Artist and Connoisseur is also a great choice, though I'd love to have it in a dark green or light tan to better match the outfit.

On an unrelated note, I've been waiting since the S15 Faun's release to get him a scarf. TLNM's Jay had one, but it was quite possibly in the worst color for the Faun - orange. Lucy's hood-scarf is the closest to what I've been wanting for him. It doesn't look too bad without the quiver, which I had feared before i had the piece in my possession... Maybe someday we'll get Jay's scarf in another color...

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think we'll be getting that as a set

I know the vehicle is unlikely. But the simple fact that that helmet exists in green indicates the possibility that we will get it in a set. And that's more than we've seen for any potential rereleases of the Red and Black Classic Spacemen, so . . it's something, damnit! 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I know the vehicle is unlikely. But the simple fact that that helmet exists in green indicates the possibility that we will get it in a set. And that's more than we've seen for any potential rereleases of the Red and Black Classic Spacemen, so . . it's something, damnit! 

We may get the spaceguy in the 2020 wave (likely with another Benny plus red and black spaceguys) as a sister set to 70841 given how well that's selling  but I doubt we'll get the vehicle, something about the design doesn't scream set to me

3 hours ago, telaruhn said:

Thank you so much for the suggestions! :classic: The Bagpiper's hat would be perfect if the red plaid didn't clash so much with the other plaids. It makes me want to get that part in more colors... The beret that comes the Artist and Connoisseur is also a great choice, though I'd love to have it in a dark green or light tan to better match the outfit.

Golf.jpg

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Spoiler

Ehhhhh.... Maybe? It'd have, like, 4 on-screen figures and the rest would all be background-scrapes like some of the ones in the current wave wind up being. Unless they do like Lyichir suggests and add minidolls to the wave. Then they could have around 8!

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

We may get the spaceguy in the 2020 wave (likely with another Benny plus red and black spaceguys) as a sister set to 70841 given how well that's selling  but I doubt we'll get the vehicle, something about the design doesn't scream set to me

I feel the same. 

Don't forget that Grey Classic Spacemen are a thing too since the Rocket Boy CMF. Plus we might get new colours, like the Pink one before. Perhaps an Orange or Purple Classic Spaceman?

7 hours ago, telaruhn said:

If there's anything I've learned from going through stores to look for minifigures - make sure you have plenty of time! Sorry that happened to you. I almost mistook Scratchen-Post's hair as Dorothy's until I found out that Dorothy's was a softer plastic. The similar animals also played a role in that. For Benny, just make sure the 1x3 brick has a handle instead of studs on top next time :wink:

On an unrelated note, I've been waiting since the S15 Faun's release to get him a scarf. TLNM's Jay had one, but it was quite possibly in the worst color for the Faun - orange. Lucy's hood-scarf is the closest to what I've been wanting for him. It doesn't look too bad without the quiver, which I had feared before i had the piece in my possession... Maybe someday we'll get Jay's scarf in another color...

Looking at the above picture, I agree the plaids are a bit too far apart. As to your unrelated bit, I added a scarf to the faun as well, I love it. It’s not too far from Mr. Tumnus. 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That batplane has to be in a future set. Love the Dark Knight reference. The new bat and Alfred custume.

Funny commercial over all.

I wonder at the end if its a hint for a Lego Batman Movie 2 official announcement. 

Does anyone have an idea when the official pictures of the second wave will be released? 

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

*vid was here*

I need Turkish Airlines flight attendant, Cecil B. DeBatman and Russian Dancer minifigs, stat! Oh, and those adorable Roman and Russian babies, too.

Anyone have a theory as to why Lego decided to keep the movie Brickheadz so limited?  Seems like the Benny/Mayhem ones only lasted an hour or two and the first two are climbing ridiculously on ebay...

8 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Does anyone have an idea when the official pictures of the second wave will be released? 

That depends on the second wave release date. 

I'd say late March

Just opened my LEGO MOVIE 2 Accessories Pack.  Man, those sewer babies are cute.  My opinion is that unless you want your own copy for the babies it's not worth it.  I also did a review for it.  check you if you are interested.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That depends on the second wave release date. 

I'd say late March

According to the 1HY catalog the second wave is coming out in may!

Just finished up building 70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship! It’s a fantastic set, very swooshable. It’s a sturdy & heavy(for its size) ship. The build was quite fun as well. The $70 price tag is a little easier to take after building. 

And Mayhem is my introduction into minidolls. I must say, they are a bit strange. But this one is just too cool.