Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Some good images of the as yet unseen figs appearing in the usual place. Bats with a massive furry cape, a Mohawk guy with matching armour, the female vampire and disco Benny being good examples.

7 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Some good images of the as yet unseen figs appearing in the usual place. Bats with a massive furry cape, a Mohawk guy with matching armour, the female vampire and disco Benny being good examples.

Worth mentioning that these are not factory leaks, they're on display at the Lego House alongside both various physical props for the movie as well as concept designs. As such, while it's certainly possible (and in some cases, like Balthazar and the new versions of Benny, Batman, and Metalbeard, highly probable) that they are designed to appear in sets, it shouldn't be taken for granted that all of the figures appearing here in physical form means that they will be released in sets.

In any case, loving a bunch of theseā€”lots of fun Systar System animals, cool Apocalypseburg citizens including a post-apoc version of Marsha Queen of the Mermaids, and great Systar System variants of the heroes.

Edited by Lyichir

Just now, Lyichir said:

Worth mentioning that these are not factory leaks, they're on display at the Lego House alongside both various physical props for the movie as well as concept designs. As such, while it's certainly possible (and in some cases, like Balthazar and the new versions of Benny, Batman, and Metalbeard, highly probable) that they are designed to appear in sets, it shouldn't be taken for granted that all of the figures appearing here in physical form means that they will be released in sets.

Thatā€™s fair. Theyā€™re still cool and a brilliant way of having returning characters appear different enough to covet. They could have just had minor print tweaks but they haveĀ all been taken back to the drawing board and given a good shake up.Ā 

On 2/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, Lyichir said:

Not sure if this goes better in set discussion or movie discussion, since it concerns both the movie props and the final sets... but Brick Fanatics has shared videos from The Lego House's new exhibition about The Lego Movie 2 in which designers discuss the development work that went into designing the movie's settings, props, and characters, including lots and lots of concept models! Really fascinating stuff!

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-house-opens-the-lego-movie-2-behind-the-scenes-exhibition/

Need more images of the larger Rexcelsior build - its slightly bigger than the scale we ended up getting and it would be interesting to see if it can be replicated

Edited by Scarilian

So, there's a display picture going around the leaks site of a Unikingdom Castle on display and people are claiming that's it's going to be a summer set. Admittedly, it sure looks like it might be an official set, and I remember seeing the Unikitty! TV show castle in one of the trailers, so Wembley know it has a role in the movie . . am I the only one who believes it?

If it is a legit set, I am so definitely going to get it. I really want a Unikingdom Castle, and this one looks perfect. TLG, please don't let me down!

Additional Comment: I'm further noticing a new Unikitty printed face and a recolour of the classic tree element in sand blue to act as the castle's horn. Not to menon that it's got two Unikitty variants standing outside it as though to demonstrate thatĀ they are included - they wouldn't go to all that trouble, particularly creating the recoloured tree part,Ā just for a one-off display piece, right?

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, there's a display picture going around the leaks site of a Unikingdom Castle on display and people are claiming that's it's going to be a summer set. Admittedly, it sure looks like it might be an official set, and I remember seeing the Unikitty! TV show castle in one of the trailers, so Wembley know it has a role in the movie . . am I the only one who believes it?

If it is a legit set, I am so definitely going to get it. I really want a Unikingdom Castle, and this one looks perfect. TLG, please don't let me down!ļ»æ

Additional Comment: I'm further noticing a new Unikitty printed face and a recolour of the classic tree element in sand blue to act as the castle's horn. Not to menon that it's got two Unikitty variants standing outside it as though to demonstrate thatĀ they are included - they wouldn't go to all that trouble, particularly creating the recoloured tree part,Ā just for a one-off display piece, right?ļ»æ

Those images aren't leaked images but models that were used for the film being displayed at the LEGO House

There is no way thisĀ thing is a set.Ā 

50047181_1078445732343175_5633876726796218352_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

Also, the biggest sets in the list are The Rexcelsior and Queen Whatevra's set

Edited by Robert8

Hi, All, I'm new to the forum, but I just completed a build of one of the new LEGO Movie 2 sets (Battle Ready Metalbeard and Batman).Ā Ā  I tried to post a pic here, but I ran into a 'file too large message, so let me direct you to my blog where IĀ have it posted with text on the details:

https://castlelego.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Edited by ABSAddict
error correction...

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

There is no way thisĀ thing is a set.Ā 

50047181_1078445732343175_5633876726796218352_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

Never say never ;)Ā 

Ā 

i secretely wishing for that Mad Max style truck with crane to be a set, even scale down :)

Just now, Robert8 said:

There is no way thisĀ thing is a set.

But if it's not a set, why would they go to the bother of creating new parts for it instead of just finding existing alternatives? And new prints, for that matter.

Also, you can see that there are some exposed studs which are obviously for posing Unikitty and PuppycornĀ in different placesĀ around it - why would they do that if it's just a one-off display piece and no one's ever going to take advantage of those options for poseability? Not to mention that build with the sun and moon rotating; why would they do that if no one will ever reach the model and turn the knob to make the sun set and the moon rise? There are a lot of design choices here that just don't make sense in the context of a one-off display model.Ā 

And that list is for the wave releasing in May. There's bound to be a third wave releasing in, say, July or August, as every movie except TLNM has had at least three waves of products. Just because it's not part of the next wave doesn't mean itĀ couldn't be part of the wave coming after - and that's not even taking into account the possibility that maybe, just maybe, that list was fake, or at least incomplete.

Granted, 'Queen Whatevra's So-Not-Evil Space' does sound like something TLG would do . .Ā 

The translation might be weird, but that list comes from the Nuremberg Toy Fair....

In the video, they explain they create those builds for the live-action section of the movie

Ā 

A lot of builds were created just for that in TLM.Ā Like Larry the Barista's plane. It was never released as a set but you can see it in the live action scene

Heads up the Lucy and Emmet brickheadz are Walmart.com exclusives and are limited to 5,000 the Emmet one doesn't say it but I would assume it is $15USD each so very pricey for what they are. Also a side note the back of the box only includes Lucy and Emmet while the descriptions mention collecting the Benny and Sweet Mayhem ones. I wonder if these will stay limited to 5,000 or if the numbered first run only are.Ā 

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

If it is a legit set, I am so definitely going to get it. I really want a Unikingdom Castle, and this one looks perfect. TLG, please don't let me down!

Additional Comment: I'm further noticing a new Unikitty printed face and a recolour of the classic tree element in sand blue to act as the castle's horn. Not to menon that it's got two Unikitty variants standing outside it as though to demonstrate thatĀ they are included - they wouldn't go to all that trouble, particularly creating the recoloured tree part,Ā just for a one-off display piece, right?

It would be really cool, if only for the recolored tree.

On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž4ā€Ž/ā€Ž2019 at 7:44 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

IĀ hope a unikingdom set comes out in the summer too perfect for the unikitty tv series sets and speaking of that here in the uk

unikitty season one part one is out on dvd to help capitalise on the lego movie 2 and I know this should be for another thread but at my local LEGOLAND discovery centre store in the build a minifigure sections they have a few panda guy heads from the lego movie collectible minifigure series so I took advantage and bought a few

On 2/4/2019 at 6:15 PM, Blazej_Holen said:

Designers video - Apocalypseburg setĀ 

-video-

If you look at the top shelf at 6:47 you get a pretty clear view of the big display model seen at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. I thought it might be a new D2C, but now I'd say that's unlikely since it is so exposed in the video. I looks more complicated and set-worthy than your typical piece of scenery build, or prototype.

9 hours ago, Exetrius said:

If you look at the top shelf at 6:47 you get a pretty clear view of the big display model seen at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. I thought it might be a new D2C, but now I'd say that's unlikely since it is so exposed in the video. I looks more complicated and set-worthy than your typical piece of scenery build, or prototype.

I saw it too and would LOVE to get it as a official set :wub: It would be great if they do as they did with the Ninjago City/Docks. An additional set to theĀ  WtAb :wub_drool:

Edited by Chilis

2 hours ago, ABSAddict said:

Battle-Ready Batman and Metalbeard set/MOC build.

For pics and description, follow these links:

https://castlelego.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-suitable-place-for-batman.html

https://castlelego.blogspot.com/2019/02/rules-of-sea.html

I don't want to be rude or anything but this thread is for set discussion, not sharing mocs

Oh boy, I hope they release blue trees in actual sets!! Also other colors... yellow, orange, red. Could make an Autumn display.