Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

6 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Like Lego, it's not always enough to have the parts, you have to know how they fit together. :wink:

Ohhhh

Nice oneĀ 

MinifiguresĀ confirmed on shelves in Australia in some Kmart, Big W and Toyworld stores.. Woohoo!!

Minifigure have been in our local toy store here in the UK for a few days now. My wife picked the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th as the store owner assured her it was a fresh untouched box (and it looked untouched) but she got none of the Wizard of Oz characters! On the plus side, the little cat is awesome and so detailed.

I think it'll be near impossible to guarantee in intact order sequence in a store unless the case is unsealed right in front of you.

Edited by ukaskew

1 hour ago, Bornin1980something said:

In the UK, I've found the figures at WH Smith and the sewerbabies at a Lego store.Ā 

Argos have had the figures since at least Monday (28th Jan), Sainsburys and B&M have them in too that I know of.

Got Emmet, Rex, President Business, Watermelon Guy, Benny, Scarecrow and Swamp Monster so far... the first five I felt for and correctly got them.

Not sure if this goes better in set discussion or movie discussion, since it concerns both the movie props and the final sets... but Brick Fanatics has shared videos from The Lego House's new exhibition about The Lego Movie 2 in which designers discuss the development work that went into designing the movie's settings, props, and characters, including lots and lots of concept models! Really fascinating stuff!

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-house-opens-the-lego-movie-2-behind-the-scenes-exhibition/

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Not sure if this goes better in set discussion or movie discussion, since it concerns both the movie props and the final sets... but Brick Fanatics has shared videos from The Lego House's new exhibition about The Lego Movie 2 in which designers discuss the development work that went into designing the movie's settings, props, and characters, including lots and lots of concept models! Really fascinating stuff!

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-house-opens-the-lego-movie-2-behind-the-scenes-exhibition/

Thanks for sharing thisĀ @Lyichir!Ā :classic: I think I may see a few slight possibilities for upcoming 2019 summer and/or 2020 winter sets watching those three interviews featured there, particularly forĀ some theĀ Apocalypseburg vehicles highlighted at the 1:10 mark of this video:

Plus, presumable upcoming physical figures for "minidoll Edward Cullen" and "SysStar Benny" appear at the 3:12 mark of this interview:

Ā 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

And the Fabuland character!

So, Benny, Balthazar and Fabuland character are pretty much confirmed for the second wave

the female vampire girl with purple hair is also these, so she also comes in the Spa set

Is that Lucy new, right? She is wearing the hood piece again

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

So, Benny, Balthazar and Fabuland character are pretty much confirmed for the second wave

Well, it'sĀ likely that both Fabuland figures were just dug out of TLG's inventory of past products for the occasion, whereas I'm pretty certain any "never-before-seen" figures are more likely than not to be a part ofĀ upcoming products.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, it'sĀ likely that both Fabuland figures were just dug out of TLG's inventory of past products for the occasion, whereas I'm pretty certain any "never-before-seen" figures are more likely than not to be a part ofĀ upcoming products.

Well, you might be correct but I've got the feeling they will be re released. This is the perfect theme to do something like that

Ā 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeah, the likelihood of getting Fabuland characters (especially ones that use all of the same molds as the originals) is extremely unlikely. Keep in mind that this is not a set but rather a live-action prop, and as such there's no guarantee of the figures or model itself being 100% accurate to those that will appear in the actual sets.

17 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, the likelihood of getting Fabuland characters (especially ones that use all of the same molds as the originals) is extremely unlikely. Keep in mind that this is not a set but rather a live-action prop, and as such there's no guarantee of the figures or model itself being 100% accurate to those that will appear in the actual sets.ļ»æ

Exactly, there are certain qualities you can check to see if figures there will be made into a set. With the disco Benny he's got the face and helmet as the normal TLM2 sets and a new mold for his glasses so he will likely come in a set where as the Fabuland figures are exactly the same as the ones from the 80's with scuff marks and all so it's unlikely they'll be in a set (at least not looking exactly like they do there)

I got a feeling we will see Batman in the white disco suit in one of the summer sets.

E.g transformation set

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks for sharing thisĀ @Lyichir!Ā :classic: I think I may see a few slight possibilities for upcoming 2019 summer and/or 2020 winter sets watching those three interviews featured there, particularly forĀ some theĀ Apocalypseburg vehicles highlighted at the 1:10 mark of this video:

Plus, presumable upcoming physical figures for "minidoll Edward Cullen" and "SysStar Benny" appear at the 3:12 mark of this interview:

Ā 

They also produced the female vampire acolyte of Balthazar in physical form with purple crystal hair (which can be seen at 3:12 on the bottom left). As they look both like finished minifigures and not just prototypes, it's likely they will both be released in the spa set

Edited by Metanoios91

I've just found the Rex's Plantimal Ambush polybag in a local store in my country. I wasn't able to buy it but I will probably do it when I go to see the movie. HasĀ anyone else find it in their countries?

The problem with the Fabuland characters is that are being featured in a movie aimed to kids

It would be.... not nice.... to promote a character/figure kids can't get because it is from 30 years ago. They just don't understand that.

Ā 

They did it with Johnny Thunder and the classic space people: they were brought back in sets even if their roles wereĀ just cameos.Ā 

This line has the budget to do something like reintroducing a couple of Fabuland moulds.Ā 

Ā 

Also, most of the characters who are around the queen's throne scene are being released (Duplo alien, Banarnar, Chocolate Bar, Ice Cream Cone) It would be strange if the Fabuland character is the only missing in the TLM2 line

Ā 

This is why I do believe Fabuland will be making a return in this line

Looks like The Lego Movie 2 will be getting BrickHeadz sets after all! Apparently, four caricatures of Emmet, Lucy, General Mayhem, and BENNY in BrickHeadz form have been leaked!Ā :sweet:

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The problem with the Fabuland characters is that are being featured in a movie aimed to kids

It would be.... not nice.... to promote a character/figure kids can't get because it is from 30 years ago. They just don't understand that.

Ā 

They did it with Johnny Thunder and the classic space people: they were brought back in sets even if their roles wereĀ just cameos.Ā 

This line has the budget to do something like reintroducing a couple of Fabuland moulds.Ā 

Ā 

Also, most of the characters who are around the queen's throne scene are being released (Duplo alien, Banarnar, Chocolate Bar, Ice Cream Cone) It would be strange if the Fabuland character is the only missing in the TLM2 line

Ā 

This is why I do believe Fabuland will be making a return in this line

That didn't stop them from including a wide variety of more prominent characters and cameos in the first one who didn't appear in sets (the most obvious ones being a new never-released version of Shaquille O'Neal and the rare SDCC exclusive Green Lantern). The same goes for The Lego Batman Movie, which featured a wide assortment of unreleased characters.

I guess it's not impossible that Fabuland characters might make an appearance. But if they did, I'm almost certain that they'd end up being substitutions with modern minifigure parts and new head molds, rather than bringing back the chunky preassembled bodies of the classic figures. That'd be a heck of a taller order than just redesigning helmets for the classic space characters.

The 3-in-1 Master-Building Emmet polybag will be available as a promotional freebie at select Regal Cinemas Ā on opening weekend (Feb. 8 in the US)Ā Iā€™m not sure what the ticket-purchase threshold will be.

Edited by Aegis2000