Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, I obviously didn't expect a screen-accurate Rexcelsior. In the same way no one expected a screen-accurate Sea Cow, or screen-accurate versions of the Ninja Mechs from the Ninjago Movie, or a screen-accurate Batcave . . I could go on. I expected a shrunken-down version of the Rexcelsior that could still fit minifigures. Y'now, what they normally do in situations like this. Maybe one large control room with enough room for Emmet, Rex and a raptor, and a separate section that contained a bay for a smaller craft, perhaps a shrunken down version of the Rexplorer, or some other Rex-craft. Not . . this. 

I just don't see how that would work. A spacious enough interior for raptors and minifigures to fit comfortably, without feeling as cramped as the Rexplorer, would have to be huge, and would need a ton of support just to make it rigid enough to hold its shape with that big an interior. And the result would still feel to me like a paltry imitation of the ship's true scale, especially since if it only fit one or two full-size raptors and a vehicle alongside the minifigures then it would offer remarkably few features that the smaller and cheaper Rexplorer didn't already offer on its own. By contrast, this one seems like it will provide a better impression of the kind of mothership the vehicle is designed to be by shrinking down the scale to allow for more accurately scaled interiors and a larger number of figures, and has a grip/shooting function that complements the ship's fist-shaped form factor.

Microscale was the only way they could properly get the scale across.

While I likely won't ever get the set, I do think it looks well done for what it is compared to the movie version, which also has studs on the outside.

Rexplorer is €130 already in my country, Rexcelsior set probably will end up around €160.

Going to Minifig scale would go into the 10000+ parts and €1000+ price range. Same would happen with Hogwarts.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, I obviously didn't expect a screen-accurate Rexcelsior. In the same way no one expected a screen-accurate Sea Cow, or screen-accurate versions of the Ninja Mechs from the Ninjago Movie, or a screen-accurate Batcave . . I could go on. I expected a shrunken-down version of the Rexcelsior that could still fit minifigures. Y'now, what they normally do in situations like this. Maybe one large control room with enough room for Emmet, Rex and a raptor, and a separate section that contained a bay for a smaller craft, perhaps a shrunken down version of the Rexplorer, or some other Rex-craft. Not . . this. 

Agreed! The Rexcelsior looks amazing. I understand the ship in the move is BIG, but I would have preferred a version that was minifigure scale. And Emett and Rex just can't be tje only minifures in the whole movie ton just end up in the Rexcelsior. There has to be another scene where more of the minifigures are onboard the Rexcelsior. I could also do without those play functions. But it looks amazing. :shrug_confused:

Ok, now this looks amazing. The shape is achieved very well, and the colour scheme is still awesome. There could be more minifigures, but the ones there are nice variants and the baby dino's and microfigs do help. I would've loved it to be minifig scale too, but with the size of the ship in the movie, its a fair compromise. Might pick this up if my wallet allows me to.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

Well, I think that ship's pretty great. I'll pick one up for sure, and I'm also excited to see what new pieces in Dark Blue are made available because of it.

8 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Well, I think that ship's pretty great. I'll pick one up for sure, and I'm also excited to see what new pieces in Dark Blue are made available because of it.

As I'd mentioned earlier here, I'm quite excited to see the recoloring of this part for its thrusters, which hasn't been seen since its 2015 debut. :excited:

13 hours ago, danth said:

The picture shows the kid with the glove on the wrong hand. That's just careless. 

:tongue:

I noticed that, too.  It's very funny.

13 hours ago, Scarilian said:
  • They are not actually wearing it, they are holding it via the lever that we see being used as a stand in one of the pictures while supporting the rest of the weight using the right arm/hand. The picture is misleading but you can see the users knuckle of the pinky finger at the very bottom back of the ship.

I think that's his other hand.

I'm glad to see that smudged face in this set, and it's interesting to see Emmet wearing a Dangervest.

Likely a pass from me, I will be on the lookout for the baby raptors, though.

Emmet has the exact same torso as the normal Rex figure, so if you have a spare Emmet and Rex you could just make this figure. You wouldn't have a stuble head for Emmet but seen as how he draws them on his face in the movie you could in theory do the same

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

By coming in summer 2019, do they mean the second wave coming on May 1st?

According to this site, it has a May 1st release date;
"1,826 pieces, $149.99 USD, Available May 1, 2019"

They also describe the interior;
"dual microfigure cockpit, detailed microscale interior with various rooms and compartments, opening doors and lift-off roofs for easy play, handle"

According to Gizmodo, which i wont link due to obtrusive and misleading adverts/pop-ups, the interior includes;
"There are micro-scale areas on the inside of the ship, too, including the bridge, cargo bay, and a skate park"

A skate park? What, are they going to include roller skate pieces as microfigure skateboards? 

. . I meant that as a joke but, thinking about it, that's exactly what they'll do, isn't it?

Anyway. I finally managed to find Benny's Space Squad (thank goodness for vacationing in a small town with very few AFOLs), and I noticed that the yellow minifigure had a splash of grey paint on the leg. Came right off with a splash of nail polish, but it had me wondering; did anyone else experience a similar defect?

14 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Anyway. I finally managed to find Benny's Space Squad (thank goodness for vacationing in a small town with very few AFOLs), and I noticed that the yellow minifigure had a splash of grey paint on the leg. Came right off with a splash of nail polish, but it had me wondering; did anyone else experience a similar defect?

Not with my figure

Ooooh!  I think I'm going to get the Rexcelsior just for all those lovely dark blue parts, if nothing else!  One of my factions uses that color for their vehicles, which have sadly been missing up to now due to relative lack of availability of that color in the kind of quantities I'd need.  I mean the fact that the Rex-treme Off-roader was a more or less Land Rover-type vehicle in dark blue is the main reason why I bought it (still need to work on modifying it for my purposes though).  The resulting creation will be the main Jeep/Humvee type vehicle for the Lone Star Republic when I'm done with it.   The Rexcelsior has all sorts of dark blue parts that would be perfect for making some aircraft for the same faction, among other things.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Emmet has the exact same torso as the normal Rex figure, so if you have a spare Emmet and Rex you could just make this figure. You wouldn't have a stuble head for Emmet but seen as how he draws them on his face in the movie you could in theory do the same

And the cheapest way to get both an Emmet and Rex in some European countries at least would be to get Issue 1 and 2 of the Magazine, then you can make a Rex-Emmett and Emmet-Rex :roflmao:

The main difference would indeed be the face print, and arm color.

But I personally don't swap arms as it's not an official method.

Space-suit Rex from the Dream House is still my favorite version , the dual mold legs, prints, and helmet are really good.

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

A skate park? What, are they going to include roller skate pieces as microfigure skateboards? 

. . I meant that as a joke but, thinking about it, that's exactly what they'll do, isn't it?

Aww man, could have kept it has a misprint.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's a new trailer for the TLM2 Videogame. You can see some interesting Apocalypseburg animals around 0:53

It’s only 47 seconds long.

17 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

I'm tired of seeing exclusive minifgures in big expensive sets that are microscale. 

There's only been three in the past five years, including The Rexcelsior. I don't quite see how you can be tired of them seeing as there have been so few?

Perhaps you're tired of having to spend a lot on microscale sets for a couple minis? That's what Bricklink is for.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO®-CONF_TLM2_PlayThunder_12-Movie-Building-Multicolour/dp/B07KQBXKVR

14 minutes ago, Calunca said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO®-CONF_TLM2_PlayThunder_12-Movie-Building-Multicolour/dp/B07KQBXKVR

Uh, what exactly is that supposed to be? It just tells me the address is invalid when I try it. 

15 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Uh, what exactly is that supposed to be? It just tells me the address is invalid when I try it. 

For me it's there.