Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Oof yeah...just got done reading & seeing that picture. Politics plaguing even this...great. :ugh: Drat. 

the 1st movie was very political already. You could basically say it even had anti-capitalistic tendencies, or at least very critical views of current expression of capitalism. Just rewatch how Emmet explains his world in the beginning.

Ignore it, like or dislike it, but it is there:
- company men are the villains, "punks", the diverse, rainbow people or whoever are the good ones and resistance against the system.
- The characters are more diverse than in majority of the actual blockbusters/super hero movies
- Feminism; Ninjago tv show's Nya has a quite complex feminist story (unlike many pseudo feministic characters in blockbuster movies)
- And in the end in the climaxes everyone has to work together, protagonists and antragonists alike, overcome their traumas or fears and save the world together (climax/twist in in all 3 movies and many of the Ninjago seasons).

TLM1 even got so much attention in the first place in many intellectual media, since critics expected a superficial overlong toy advertisement for young audiences and got something very deep instead.

32 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

the 1st movie was very political already. You could basically say it even had anti-capitalistic tendencies, or at least very critical views of current expression of capitalism. Just rewatch how Emmet explains his world in the beginning.

Ignore it, like or dislike it, but it is there:
- company men are the villains, "punks", the diverse, rainbow people or whoever are the good ones and resistance against the system.
- The characters are more diverse than in majority of the actual blockbusters/super hero movies
- Feminism; Ninjago tv show's Nya has a quite complex feminist story (unlike many pseudo feministic characters in blockbuster movies)
- And in the end in the climaxes everyone has to work together, protagonists and antragonists alike, overcome their traumas or fears and save the world together (climax/twist in in all 3 movies and many of the Ninjago seasons).

TLM1 even got so much attention in the first place in many intellectual media, since critics expected a superficial overlong toy advertisement for young audiences and got something very deep instead.

That’s all fine, because that’s not the “in your face” politics that is having a Supreme Court Justice in a movie like this. Being anti capitalist, feminist, being pro diversity...none of those have a side. Stereotypically, sure....but not in reality. Whereas having a very liberal Justice is. 

16 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Huh, the lack of real rhyme or reason on what got double bagged is interesting, especially with the figure everyone thought was the justification for it NOT being one of them. Can't wait to find them.

It seems sloppy to me. Like LEGO was trying sonething new, but only double bagged certain minifigures, and forgot the rest ornhad an issue...like...huh... Doesn't make sense to me.

7 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

According to USA Today US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will not only be in TLM2 but there will be a physical minifigure of her. My guess is it will be in the next wave given its confirmed we will be getting her unless they do a promo polybag (really hope not) 

OMG. I need that RBG minifigure. *oh2*

SET DISCUSSION!

Say it with me S - E - T. You know, the little plastic bricks that we build with.

NOT THE PLOT OF THE MOVIES.

There is a thread in a whole subforum dedicated to the Multimedia that comes with LEGO these days. Go and harp on about the plot, the meta story, the "politics", in the correct place! 

10 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

No, there's just a lot of it. 18 'bags', but nearly every one is actually 2 bags.

Oh I see so you’re saying (for example) there’s 2 bags that are labelled “Bag 1”?

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

SET DISCUSSION!

Say it with me S - E - T. You know, the little plastic bricks that we build with.

NOT THE PLOT OF THE MOVIES.

There is a thread in a whole subforum dedicated to the Multimedia that comes with LEGO these days. Go and harp on about the plot, the meta story, the "politics", in the correct place! 

Jesus H Christ, so aggressive and condescending. It's not the end of the world love.

The LM2 sets are great though, although I'm not sure up to the same standard as LM1 sets. *unless they release further Classic Space themed stuff for it, then I'm 100% sold.

9 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

It seems sloppy to me. Like LEGO was trying sonething new, but only double bagged certain minifigures, and forgot the rest ornhad an issue...like...huh... Doesn't make sense to me.

OMG. I need that RBG minifigure. *oh2*

Yup, just took a few and bagged up. Odd stuff. RBG and the politics (they really are inseparable) aside, that torso and wedge print are great. I really hope, should it actually get made into a figure, that it's released in an outlet conducive to acquring multiples. No DTC b.s., please.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Oh I see so you’re saying (for example) there’s 2 bags that are labelled “Bag 1”?

Yeah. Exactly. Not all of the bags, but most of them.

2 hours ago, leafan said:

Jesus H Christ, so aggressive and condescending. It's not the end of the world love.

The LM2 sets are great though, although I'm not sure up to the same standard as LM1 sets. *unless they release further Classic Space themed stuff for it, then I'm 100% sold.

Dear leafan, 

@Peppermint_M (Action Moderator) is doing her role to remind members to keep discussion on track. While individual moderators may have distinguished approach, the intended message is not meant to be rude or disrespectful. The delivered message by each moderator is measured by the same outcome and it is to remind members to keep the discussion as it is supposed to be without derailing it. 

Thank you for your understanding and I like to seek others to follow suite as well. 

WhiteFang

Does anyone know if/when/where the poly bags can be found in the UK? I found Master-Building Emmet in Asda of all places the other day but I really want Star-Stuck Emmet and don’t live close enough to a Lego store to pop in. 

Just now, Robert8 said:

New trailer shows Fox Suit Guy!!!

Who has the trailer? Warner Brother doesn't, nor does Lego on either of their YT channels. :shrug_confused:

Its on Istagram

Also more Fabuland characters!

I bet there will be a Fabuland set next summer

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Yup, just took a few and bagged up. Odd stuff. RBG and the politics (they really are inseparable) aside, that torso and wedge print are great. I really hope, should it actually get made into a figure, that it's released in an outlet conducive to acquring multiples. No DTC b.s., please.

I'm hoping that it comes in a decent not too expensive set.

Fox suit guy looks great. And the duplo monsters look way cool I'm the new trailer. I hope we get more brick built duplo mknsters in the summer wave.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here you go

That "space station" at the eighteen second mark looks rather interesting... :oh:

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here you go

Anyone else spot the Fox Suit Girl? 1 second mark.