Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Just now, leafan said:

That said, I just watched this 360° LM2 video and if you move the screen to Benny and look above his head, what do you see? Maybe a future ship. It's actually in the thumbnail too.

That's the little ship from the Benny's Space Squad set 

I noticed in that 360 video a couple new brick built characters who seems very likely in an upcoming wave along with those 4 minidolls and 2? new plantimal builds. Also would they be in the process of designing winter 2020 wave (if we get a wave for TLM2 that late) if so maybe seeing how big of a hit the space squad is they'd put more classic space into sets and maybe another space squad? 

2 minutes ago, leafan said:

That said, I just watched this 360° LM2 video and if you move the screen to Benny and look above his head, what do you see? Maybe a future ship. It's actually in the thumbnail too.

That's just Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket. :sceptic:

1 minute ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Then again TLBM and TLM had tons of sets that barely appeared in the movie (Civilian/Villain vehicles) so it wouldn't be TOO much of a stretch to get a few CS sets especially given how Benny's Space Squad sold.  

Accounting for the success of Benny's Space Squad, yeah, a third 2020 wave could be made up of a lot more Classic Space stuff. :classic:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That's the little ship from the Benny's Space Squad set 

Oh yes you're right. How did I not see that? It just looked larger to me.

I even have that ship infront of me right now! Duurrr

oooh, can't wait to see which nit-picky things he can find and a 5 minute ramble about the packaging lol.

I kid, I like J2G.

I just rebuilt 70831 into the Rescue Rocket and it is so good! I love this set. Both builds are great, and the exclusive Rex Dangervest minifigure is really good. It is a creative and wacky set that I highly recommend. I have had so much fun building both builds.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, Nexogeek said:

Me too! Those hair pieces are amazing hope all three become reality, Balthazar is most likely a given though. 

Balthazar in thr summer wave for sure, his crew better be in the summer wave too. Those hair pieces are just amazing.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's @just2good's opening of the CMS! :grin:

Huh, the lack of real rhyme or reason on what got double bagged is interesting, especially with the figure everyone thought was the justification for it NOT being one of them. Can't wait to find them.

10 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Are there DPCI and/or SKU numbers available for the CMF series? I see they’re popping up in stores early. 

Brickseek has 821309549 as the SKU for Walmart, and 204-00-3193 for Target's DCPI. Grain of salt, and all that. Says all the Walmarts in the area have them. Whether that means they're in the back waiting to be put on shelves, or if it's Brickseek just listing all of the local stores is anyone's guess.

Edited by K_Tiger

According to USA Today US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will not only be in TLM2 but there will be a physical minifigure of her. My guess is it will be in the next wave given its confirmed we will be getting her unless they do a promo polybag (really hope not) 

30 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

According to USA Today US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will not only be in TLM2 but there will be a physical minifigure of her. My guess is it will be in the next wave given its confirmed we will be getting her unless they do a promo polybag (really hope not) 

That's interesting. Seems to be a reversal of ruling on the Ideas submission for supreme court justices that was rejected on the grounds that its political?

41 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

That.....doesn’t sound believable. I sincerely hope that isn’t the case either. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

That.....doesn’t sound believable. I sincerely hope that isn’t the case either. 

fb4f4419-a013-4c11-8b71-37d0ae3176b2-Lego_Movie_2.jpg?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp

:oh:

I guess she is there for the wedding.... Judge Judy would have been better IMO

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

:oh:

I guess she is there for the wedding.... Judge Judy would have been better IMO

Oof yeah...just got done reading & seeing that picture. Politics plaguing even this...great. :ugh: Drat. 

Edited by Vindicare

27 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

That's interesting. Seems to be a reversal of ruling on the Ideas submission for supreme court justices that was rejected on the grounds that its political?

Remember, the Ideas guidelines only apply to Ideas. Otherwise we wouldn’t get any minifigure series either, or sets with new molds. The rule against political Ideas projects most likely has more to do with keeping the community atmosphere and outside buzz about Ideas positive than about kid appropriateness.

It is a little unprecedented for Lego to depict a living political figure. But it seems like she was chosen in part for her role as a well-known female judge (possibly to preside over the wedding from some of the TV spots?) and unfortunately, unlike Lincoln from the first movie, historical examples of that are scarce thanks to women’s visibility and prominence in the judicial system being a comparatively recent development.

Not set related, but is there a thread for the LEGO Movie 2 trading cards? Just got three packs and each one had a gold foil, so seems those aren’t super rare if they’re one per pack. I did get a duplicate in the same pack, so that was too bad. 

The card stock quality is not the same as most trading cards and maybe comparable to something like a MTG card.