Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Just now, leafan said:

Haha! :laugh:

The chrome ones have to be that way to reflect Rex's awesomeness.

I really can't wait to see how those space battle scenes from the movie translate into the sets. I so hope the summer wave holds everything we could want, including some cheaper ways to get the post-apocalypse minifigures.

I also predict a Batman/Queen Whatevra wedding set. You heard it here first!

Imagine if they pull a TLBM on us and all the other sets are just "That one vehicle you see this background character drive for three seconds" 

Just now, Renny The Spaceman said:

Imagine if they pull a TLBM on us and all the other sets are just "That one vehicle you see this background character drive for three seconds" 

I'd take it :tongue:, although most of those were true characters from the comics so unless they're planning spin-off movies, I can't see Spacecab Driver #4 being in a set haha. I'll take everything I can get though to be honest, because I love the movie sets from all 3 so far.

20 minutes ago, leafan said:

Yeah those seem like the best colour options, but how do you feel about Gold and Silver, both in Matte and Chrome as separate minifigures?

As far as metallic/pearlescent colors go, I think a Copper Metallic Classic Spaceman would be extraordinary... :purrr:

31833609854_a9f3962327_z.jpg

Just now, leafan said:

I'd take it :tongue:, although most of those were true characters from the comics so unless they're planning spin-off movies, I can't see Spacecab Driver #4 being in a set haha. I'll take everything I can get though to be honest, because I love the movie sets from all 3 so far.

Agreed they're definitely some of the best sets LEGO's ever made, they somehow managed to get a general audience to wanna buy a set based on Egghead, FREAKING EGGHEAD!

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

As far as metallic/pearlescent colors go, I think a Copper Metallic Classic Spaceman would be extraordinary... :purrr:

I'm not a big fan of the idea metallic spacepeeps but now that I think about it that color would make a great one 

I'm not a big fan of the idea metallic spacepeeps but now that I think about it that color would make a great one 

And, besides metallic/pearlescent colors, I think Earth Blue or Dark Red Classic Spacemen could be quite exquisite. :grin:

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Agreed they're definitely some of the best sets LEGO's ever made, they somehow managed to get a general audience to wanna buy a set based on Egghead, FREAKING EGGHEAD!

@Digger of Bricks That's a very Series 17 Retro Spaceman colour! I don't want to get you *too* excited but the last movie did have a lot of CMF background characters in it. Retro Spaceman in LM2 anyone? :devil:

@Renny The Spaceman Hey I bought Egghead! He has a chicken that lays eggs that then get fired as a weapon! I love it.

Just now, leafan said:

@Digger of Bricks That's a very Series 17 Retro Spaceman colour!

Most indeed! Very much a Decopunk/Dieselpunk/Steampunk sort of color... :sweet:

Just now, leafan said:

I don't want to get you *too* excited but the last movie did have a lot of CMF background characters in it. Retro Spaceman in LM2 anyone? :devil:

Well, before he was unveiled, I was sorta hoping Dangervest would be more like that kinda Golden Age, Pulp Adventurer type in his get-up. 

Just now, leafan said:

That's a very Series 17 Retro Spaceman colour! I don't want to get you *too* excited but the last movie did have a lot of CMF background characters in it. Retro Spaceman in LM2 anyone? :devil:

Well I don't wanna flex TOO hard but yours truly, the classic red Spaceguy, was in TLM for like 5 seconds so I'm practically a shoe in for The Doctors next regeneration  

Just now, leafan said:

Hey I bought Egghead! He has a chicken that lays eggs that then get fired as a weapon! I love it.

Is that a yolk, If not I'll have to give that Cracking Set a try, it sounds EGGSELENT 

36 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Well I don't wanna flex TOO hard but yours truly, the classic red Spaceguy, was in TLM for like 5 seconds so I'm practically a shoe in for The Doctors next regeneration  

Is that a yolk, If not I'll have to give that Cracking Set a try, it sounds EGGSELENT 

You're practically a shoe-in. Doctor Renny.

Those egg puns really cracked me up! Lay another one on me!

The eggs come out as fried egg disc pieces and there are while eggs in the chicken box at the rear, lined up to be fired.

Getting that set would be a real coup!

But back to LM2 sets.... Benny's Disco Ship. Part Space, part funk, all in. Surely this will be a set.

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Heh, I wouldn't worry, as a Bright Red Classic Spaceman has a much, much better chance of showing up over Brick Rogers. :wink:

If there's another set with Classic Space figs it will probly be red/black and another "new" color. They'll want to get all the originals out first. Though I'm still sort of miffed there's no straight up blue space guy, since Benny is faded.

I know I said I wasn't going to be buying any sets until after I got the Apocalypseburg set, but I happened to be at Voldemart last night doing some grocery shopping, and I saw that they had the Rex-treme Off-Roader set for pretty cheap, so I went ahead & bought it...  I mean I was kinda wanting to buy it anyways, because I've been wanting to make a Jeep/Humvee type vehicle in dark blue for one of my factions for a while now, and that thing is going to be an excellent starting point (once I remove the lime-green bits & tweak the shape a bit, that is).

17 hours ago, leafan said:

No need for a PM just yet, unless you want to discuss in depth perhaps? I was talking about the modern fascination with multiple genders outside of Male & Female (Queen Whatevra Wanabe gives me that vibe) and how during the films early development, there was talk of the script focussing on gender roles and their differences. Now don't get me wrong, that could just be how a boy and girl play with toys differently, which is fine by me (if not particularly interesting).

Oh and portraying the male gender as either weak, simple minded or arrogant, whilst the females are portrayed as "Mary Sue's" and simply tolerate men or kick their megablocks.

Most of that would be subliminal to a kid.

Thanks for your answer, I’ve got a better idea, I would like to discuss more in depth haha.

16 hours ago, leafan said:

I'm fine if you disagree with me, but perhaps you could leave a constructive reply like @Laura Takayama did rather than getting all defensive and trying to paint me like a woman hater?

I'm not going to try to defend what I believe to be true because I was simply answering @J4ck's question.

So take whatever you want from what I said, but it's no use getting your knickers in a twist; I'm not changing my mind.

Agreed, being sarcastic will never help anyone out.

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

*insert image here*

I love this colour! Metallic spacemen would be legendary! Titanium Metallic as well would be sweet, we already have T. Metallic air tanks!

41 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This song's gonna get stuck inside your heeeeeaaddd...

Dammit.

Just now, leafan said:

This song's gonna get stuck inside your heeeeeaaddd...

Dammit.

Did you notice the "SysStar Benny" in the bottom right-hand corner of this video's thumbnail? :wink:

Did you notice the "SysStar Benny" in the bottom right-hand corner of this video's thumbnail? :wink:

I didn't, that's cool. He appeared in an earlier trailer with that outfit but this is a good look at it.

In that same trailer he had a disco type spaceship, so I could see him getting released with that ship in that gettup.

Just now, leafan said:

In that same trailer he had a disco type spaceship, so I could see him getting released with that ship in that gettup.

Could be a possibility, though I'd rather wish to see one of those classic CS spacecrafts seen in that one particular TV spot primarily to obtain a Trans-Yellow recolor of that one older windscreen part. The "discoship" on the other hand, only comes with what looks to be that UCS X-Wing canopy from Benny's SSS again. I guess that wouldn't be a bad thing, as it would make that recolor a little more prolific in its availability, but I'd honestly prefer to see a new canopy recolor instead. :shrug_confused:

Could be a possibility, though I'd rather wish to see one of those classic CS spacecrafts seen in that one particular TV spot primarily to obtain a Trans-Yellow recolor of that one older windscreen part. The "discoship" on the other hand, only comes with what looks to be that UCS X-Wing canopy from Benny's SSS again. I guess that wouldn't be a bad thing, as it would make that recolor a little more prolific in its availability, but I'd honestly prefer to see a new canopy recolor instead. :shrug_confused:

Is it too much to hope for both? :laugh:

Though I'd prefer the CS spacecrafts I feel the Disco ship would be more likely

That Disco Benny would have been a great CMF. So much better than the actual Benny CMF

Just now, Robert8 said:

That Disco Benny would have been a great CMF. So much better than the actual Benny CMF

This is so true

2 minutes ago, leafan said:

Is it too much to hope for both? :laugh:

Hmmm, well, I just don't know how much Classic Space they'd be willing to give us from this sequel, depending on what degree of prominence it has in the actual movie. 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Though I'd prefer the CS spacecrafts I feel the Disco ship would be more likely

That said, I just watched this 360° LM2 video and if you move the screen to Benny and look above his head, what do you see? Maybe a future ship. It's actually in the thumbnail too.

Hmmm, well, I just don't know how much Classic Space they'd be willing to give us from this sequel, depending on what degree of prominence it has in the actual movie. :shrug_confused:

Then again TLBM and TLM had tons of sets that barely appeared in the movie (Civilian/Villain vehicles) so it wouldn't be TOO much of a stretch to get a few CS sets especially given how Benny's Space Squad sold.