Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

11 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Sadly I sorta have to agree

Me too. I just hope it's not terrible as I'm taking my young son to see it and it will be his first Lego movie experience.

26 minutes ago, leafan said:

Me too. I just hope it's not terrible as I'm taking my young son to see it and it will be his first Lego movie experience.

I’m taking myself to see it with myself. I’m concerned as well :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Venefic said:

1740199396_ScreenShot2019-01-16at9_18_57am.png.85353c36b6ad294fb6f311ced033a2a8.pngI would love to have those these, especially the two on the side!

Okay all three of those would be super cool to get, along with Balthazar and the other two glittery vampire minidolls, maybe we will get a spa set or two in future waves with them? Or maybe even a minidoll blindbag series? 2017 we had nexo knight nexo power blind bags, last summer we had Unikitty blindbags maybe this summer will be a TLM2 minidoll series? 

12 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Balthazar and his crew. I want! *oh2*

Me too! Those hair pieces are amazing hope all three become reality, Balthazar is most likely a given though. 

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Wildstyle suitcase set is already on clearance at the local Walmart.

That interesting whats the clearance price? I noticed the metalbeard polybag was half off at mine. Hope to find those suitcase sets on clearance because retail is overpriced given what the other suitcase sets MSRP was

4 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Balthazar and his crew. I want! *oh2*

4 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Me too! Those hair pieces are amazing hope all three become reality, Balthazar is most likely a given though. 

Oh yes! It seems like there is glitter in those hairpieces, which I personally find a bit unfortunate, but the designs are great!

6 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Okay all three of those would be super cool to get, along with Balthazar and the other two glittery vampire minidolls, maybe we will get a spa set or two in future waves with them? Or maybe even a minidoll blindbag series? 2017 we had nexo knight nexo power blind bags, last summer we had Unikitty blindbags maybe this summer will be a TLM2 minidoll series? 

In first series was Unikitty. It's possible that in the second minifigure series will be also some minidolls.

21 hours ago, Markypops said:

For those of you in the UK, Tesco have just had 2019 sets delivered into stores this week in preparation of updating their ranges in a fortnights time. I can tell you that the minifigures have also been delivered, but the outer box has a message warning that they have not to be put out before 1st February. However you may get lucky as stores may put these out early. 

Interesting, the Lego Movie 2 sets have been available direct from Amazon UK for some time now so I wonder why they are holding out, we got the classic Benny set on Jan 2nd if I remember correctly . Certainly in my local Tesco Extra they put everything from 2018 on clearance immediately after Christmas, the Lego shelves have basically been completely empty ever since. They had a promotional stand with loads of the new City sets just before Christmas but they sold out within a week and have never been restocked.

9 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

That interesting whats the clearance price? I noticed the metalbeard polybag was half off at mine. Hope to find those suitcase sets on clearance because retail is overpriced given what the other suitcase sets MSRP was

$15.

6 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

You didn't show him the original?

Yeah he's seen it, but I meant at the cinema. It's also going to be the first time I've taken him to the cinema.

The most liked minifigures on facebook 

#1 Girrafe Suit Guy

#2 Dorothy Gale

#3 Tin Man

And the the bottom 3 are

#14 Candy Rapper

#15 Kitty Pop

#16 Hula Lula

36 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

Question: Why do you all think this is going to be bad? Didn't we all think TLM was going to be bad from its first trailers and TV spots??

I imagine they’re placing bets on sequels not living up to their predecessor schtick. I don’t see why that would be equated to being bad. It’s certainly going to be difficult to beat the wow factor associated with the first...but that’s because it was the first of its kind. I’m just as excited for this as I’ve been all the LEGO movies that have come before it. 

3 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Question: Why do you all think this is going to be bad? Didn't we all think TLM was going to be bad from its first trailers and TV spots??

Just to clarify I myself am talking about the story, the trailers/spots have already established the movie to look visually beautifull. But when I compare some of these pieces of material to what we got out of the TLNM marketing, TLNM actually looks better. Which is very bad because TLNM was, using Batman's words, ''such a disappointment, on so many levels''.

Now the overall plot seems to be pretty decent, but there were things shown in the trailer to what I'm thinking: ''What the actual **** is this?!'' Let's just bring up the Batman/Watevra wedding and spa led by a glittervampire as examples. Now this is weird, and I know TLM was weird too and that's mostly what made it fun. But this just doesn't fit the story/characters.

But these are just feelings, we'll see how it holds up in a few weeks time!

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I imagine they’re placing bets on sequels not living up to their predecessor schtick. I don’t see why that would be equated to being bad. It’s certainly going to be difficult to beat the wow factor associated with the first...but that’s because it was the first of its kind. I’m just as excited for this as I’ve been all the LEGO movies that have come before it. 

On this thread, I've also heard about how the movie might be too "meta". The first movie already had a lot of references, but some guys on here think that the "it's suicide" and "sparkly vampire" gags are a bit too recent or too deep-cut. 

On 1/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, Nexogeek said:

Speaking of sparkly vampires, I have to agree! Balthazar's hair could look great on my purist Iceman figure.