Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

Hey guys! New around here and I've been noticing that the new CMf has better quality than the others (or at least I think so because of the neck printing). What do you guys think?

28 minutes ago, TheScarecrow said:

Hey guys! New around here and I've been noticing that the new CMf has better quality than the others (or at least I think so because of the neck printing). What do you guys think?

Hi there :classic:

What do you mean with "neck printing"?

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Hi there :classic:

What do you mean with "neck printing"?

The print, usually black or white, in the figures "neck", most of the figures that came from sets have it, check it out in one of your figures my cellphone doesn't allow me to post pictures ?

20190114_223618.jpg.67e21c1a0e5766ccee0af3008812dd17.jpg

After a lot of downsizing I was able to show one example 

2 hours ago, TheScarecrow said:

The print, usually black or white, in the figures "neck", most of the figures that came from sets have it, check it out in one of your figures my cellphone doesn't allow me to post pictures ?

Other issues reported with the collectible minifigures have been looser leg and arm joints, lesser than normal clutch power for certain connections and hands that are a brighter yellow with more noticeable mold marks than regular set figures. Not sure how neck printing or lack thereof matters much compared to the other issues though since that's almost never seen.

11 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Other issues reported with the collectible minifigures have been looser leg and arm joints, lesser than normal clutch power for certain connections and hands that are a brighter yellow with more noticeable mold marks than regular set figures. Not sure how neck printing or lack thereof matters much compared to the other issues though since that's almost never seen.

The thing is that I think the neck printing represents from which factory the figure comes from. For example, the minifigs from sets are a higher quality and most of them show the mark on the neck, so they come from a better factory, meanwhile, the collectible minifigures feel a little bit cheaper, most of them don't present the mark and they come from the Chinese Factory, so, my guess is that if this figures show that print that means they will be a higher quality overall. I guess we will have to wait to see what happens and if my theory gets blown away.

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is 5 differnt in the trailer, but maybe not what you mean?

Strange they did not put the last 3 in the D2C, maybe they are in a set in next wave :shrug_oh_well:

Oh! There was a picture a while back on twitter that showed three babies on a hanging platform and one of them had the normal baby face. I thought you were referring to that.

Just now, Actor Builder said:

Oh! There was a picture a while back on twitter that showed three babies on a hanging platform and one of them had the normal baby face. I thought you were referring to that.

Yes I saw it after I posted and that was probably what they where talking about :blush:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Yes I saw it after I posted and that was probably what they where talking about :blush:

no worries. We just want more sewer babies!

For those of you in the UK, Tesco have just had 2019 sets delivered into stores this week in preparation of updating their ranges in a fortnights time. I can tell you that the minifigures have also been delivered, but the outer box has a message warning that they have not to be put out before 1st February. However you may get lucky as stores may put these out early. 

21 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Odd. I had heard the idea tossed around elsewhere that the box distribution was 3 of each character.

Simply put: Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Possible, there are 60 figures in a case. 

Edited by JamesBenjamin

10 hours ago, TheScarecrow said:

The thing is that I think the neck printing represents from which factory the figure comes from. For example, the minifigs from sets are a higher quality and most of them show the mark on the neck, so they come from a better factory, meanwhile, the collectible minifigures feel a little bit cheaper, most of them don't present the mark and they come from the Chinese Factory, so, my guess is that if this figures show that print that means they will be a higher quality overall. I guess we will have to wait to see what happens and if my theory gets blown away.

Oh right. I recall that neck print being talked about before around here, I'll try and find the thread as I believe the CMF and lack of that mark came up in that discussion.

3 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Oh, breaking news: According to Bricksanity (via Promobricks), there are three full sets in every box. Funnily enough, each row of the box seems to contain one set. :classic:

Nevermind, apparently there are 60 figures in a case this time around.

Edited by JamesBenjamin

3 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Oh, breaking news: According to Bricksanity (via Promobricks), there are three full sets in every box. Funnily enough, each row of the box seems to contain one set. :classic:

I certainly hope so.

It doesn't make sense to have Benny as a rare CMF as he also appears on sets, etc... There is nothing special about him

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It doesn't make sense to have Benny as a rare CMF as he also appears on sets, etc... There is nothing special about him

Except the printed toolbox that might as well be solid gold to Classic Space fans.

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

You just made a personal attack on every Lego Classic Space fan ever Mr Robert 8. Benny *is* special! :wink:

9 minutes ago, leafan said:

You just made a personal attack on every Lego Classic Space fan ever Mr Robert 8. Benny *is* special! :wink:

Exactly! Benny is the most talented, most interesting and most extraordinary CMF in the universe and he is capable of amazing things because he is the special. And So is Remix Emmet, and so is every CMF, the chaser 'fig rumour is made up, but it's also true, it's about all of them but right now it's about him.

On 1/12/2019 at 1:36 AM, x105Black said:

Indeed!

And I love the Sewer Babies.  Will likely BrickLink them, though.  That was I can hopefully get more than 2, and I don't have to get all the other crap to get them.

Good idea. LEGO could have put them out in the other sets and or in CMFs. A missed opportubity to also include different characters from the movie into cheaper sets instead of them being in the expensive Apocalypsburg set. I'm kind of tired on Lucy and Emmet with Lucy and Emmet and Lucy and Emmet again in every set.

LEGO Movie – Sweet Mayham Pod (853875)

lego-movie-2-853875-details-0006.jpg

Found on Promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-movie-2-pods-emmet-853874-sweet-mayhem-853875-bilder/74786 

30 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Exactly! Benny is the most talented, most interesting and most extraordinary CMF in the universe and he is capable of amazing things because he is the special. And So is Remix Emmet, and so is every CMF, the chaser 'fig rumour is made up, but it's also true, it's about all of them but right now it's about him.

I understood that reference. :grin::thumbup:

48 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i understood that reference gif