Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

t's probably actually inspired by the parentless-children-gangs in movies like Mad Max: Beyond ThunderdomeSolarbabies, and other such media. It's early, and I'm having trouble thinking of suitable examples, despite wallowing in the genre for a decade or so. 

I've picked up 7 of the sets so far, and I gotta gripe that while Emmet gets variant Face prints fairly often here, the Lucy minifig is the exact same in all the ones I've gotten so far.

So, the McDonalds' toys have leaked. A bunch of keyrinfs that presumably make noises, not very interesting . . except one thing. 

Sweet Mayhem's is of her with her mask off. 

This, combined with the fact that every set with her also includes her hairpiece - which is very unusual - leads me to believe that around halfway through the movie, there's going to be a 'face reveal' and then Mayhem will spend the rest of the movie with her helmet mostly off and possibly as a good guy(girl).

We are allowed to talk about the sets we’ve gotten from this theme, right?

I got Emmet’s Dream House/Rescue Rocket, Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy, and Unikitty’s Sweetest Friends EVER! this weekend. Unikitty’s Sweetest Friends is fun and a pretty good value for $10. Ultrakatty is neat and I like the amount of possibility on the build, it is also a good set. Emmet’s Dream House/Rescue Rocket, while I have not built the Rescue Rocket yet, is going to be a contender for one of my favorite sets of 2019. It is so neat and fun, and the build was very enjoyable. I do think the side builds with the house are a little weak, however. Also, I did not realize the scarf piece Lucy has was a separate piece from the quiver. I had initially thought that it was a new dual molded piece. I was pleasantly surprised it was a separate piece. Also, Rex Dangervest is a really cool character and I am looking forward to seeing him in the movie.

2 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Emmet’s Dream House/Rescue Rocket, while I have not built the Rescue Rocket yet, is going to be a contender for one of my favorite sets of 2019. It is so neat and fun, and the build was very enjoyable.

I did the opposite, and built the Rocket, but not the house. The Rocket is a surprisingly complex build (especially the front window) packed with unexpected detail and a small amount of attic storage.

On 1/12/2019 at 2:48 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Weren‘t there three sewer babies in the picture that surfaced a while ago, so where‘s the third one? :wacko:

I think the third one was just using the normal lego baby head.

Side note: To anyone looking to grab apocalypse Benny with the cool Classic Space toolbox, he appears to be one per case of the CMF series. I found them at my local Fred Meyer, one store had one box that was only missing one figure and they had only one Benny, the other store had two boxes that were missing 3 figures and I found 2 Bennys.

So most likely one per box. Seemed to be lots of Giraffe guy though.

1 hour ago, JamesBenjamin said:

Side note: To anyone looking to grab apocalypse Benny with the cool Classic Space toolbox, he appears to be one per case of the CMF series. I found them at my local Fred Meyer, one store had one box that was only missing one figure and they had only one Benny, the other store had two boxes that were missing 3 figures and I found 2 Bennys.

Sounds like it could be 2 per box especially if Adult fans are craving classic space.

2 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Sounds like it could be 2 per box especially if Adult fans are craving classic space.

I hope so. I'll be honest, I don't care for the actual Benny minifigure - and am disappointed that he doesn't have the visor OR the backpack from the Metalbeard set - but the Classic Space toolbox is awesome and I sure wouldn't mind getting it, 

2 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Now that you‘ve mentioned it, I think it did :laugh: It‘s been a while since I‘ve last seen that picture... At least now it makes sense why there‘s only two :grin:

1 hour ago, JamesBenjamin said:

Assuming that random packs were missing from the boxes, you‘d be right. But people are able to figure out the contents of the blind bags, so someone might have been looking specifically for Benny :wink:

21 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Any idea what inspired the sewer babies?

If anything, I'd say it was the band of feral kids from Mad Max:  Beyond Thunderdome, only with the basic premise taken to its logical extreme....

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I hope so. I'll be honest, I don't care for the actual Benny minifigure - and am disappointed that he doesn't have the visor OR the backpack from the Metalbeard set - but the Classic Space toolbox is awesome and I sure wouldn't mind getting it, 

My thoughts exactly. Cheap way to get Benny I suppose.

12 hours ago, JamesBenjamin said:

Dammit, this is gonna be a classic policeman all over again!

26 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Dammit, this is gonna be a classic policeman all over again!

I am so ***** done with these ***** one per box figures!

14 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

I did the opposite, and built the Rocket, but not the house. The Rocket is a surprisingly complex build (especially the front window) packed with unexpected detail and a small amount of attic storage.

Nice! I am looking forward to building the rocket more than I already was now.

Odd. I had heard the idea tossed around elsewhere that the box distribution was 3 of each character.

Simply put: Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Can anyone else who has seen the CMF boxes instore (or who has bought a sealed box) confirm whether Benny is a chase for this set or if in fact there is a chase minifig at all??
Still waiting for them to be released here in Australia..

Edited by NDLG80

This is bad news. I really hope Lego stop with this chase figure nonsense.

16 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

It is 5 differnt in the trailer, but maybe not what you mean?

Strange they did not put the last 3 in the D2C, maybe they are in a set in next wave :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Odd. I had heard the idea tossed around elsewhere that the box distribution was 3 of each character.

Indeed, it should have been three complete sets. If they were going to make anything in the set one per case it should have been, all things being equal, Emmett. It's not like he doesn't come in practically every set, plus book releases and at least one polybag. Or, if not Emmett, Unikitty, who's got a whole line stinking-up shelves.

Edited by K_Tiger

3 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I’ve seen this idea tossed around on Facebook. That quote though :grin: