Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

The Sewer Babies are out there!!!

They’re part of a minifigure blister pack with Emmet, a female citizen (my apologies if she is a named character, she’s unfamiliar to me), and a yet-to-be-revealed build.

The sewer babies come in a one of those 3 minifigure packs. There is actually 4 figs in this one. Two sewer babies, Emmet, and another random citizen 

Interesting choice for the sewer babies. Apocalypseburg would’ve been the perfect place for them, although to make them more accessible they could’ve been in the CMF instead. 

Hurray for the sewer babies! I wonder what the build in the set is, and if there is anything to gear them up. However, this must be the lowest value of such a pack ever. I mean, another Emmet? Total, utter waste of a minifig slot! :sick: The girl is fine-ish, but her parts aren't exclusive by any means. There are enough cool Apocalypseburg citizens that deserved to fill these two minifg slots. I would consider buying this at 8,99 euros or something. :hmpf:

5 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

The coral is just amazing.

Indeed!

And I love the Sewer Babies.  Will likely BrickLink them, though.  That was I can hopefully get more than 2, and I don't have to get all the other crap to get them.

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Weren‘t there three sewer babies in the picture that surfaced a while ago, so where‘s the third one? :wacko:

In the second blister pack you'll have to buy. Although, then you'll have four, so the fourth will be the odd one, so you'll want to have two matching sets of three each, which will oblige you to buy three packs. :wink:

If the pack included perhaps the Apocalypseburg Red Riding Hood or any other regular citizen instead of Emmet, it would've been definetly better. Well, at least i'm not gonna have to buy the Escape Buggy set to get Sharkira, since most of her pieces are on the girl in the pack. Just the helmet and visor are missing, but i can probably live without that

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Hurray for the sewer babies! I wonder what the build in the set is, and if there is anything to gear them up. However, this must be the lowest value of such a pack ever. I mean, another Emmet? Total, utter waste of a minifig slot! :sick: The girl is fine-ish, but her parts aren't exclusive by any means. There are enough cool Apocalypseburg citizens that deserved to fill these two minifg slots. I would consider buying this at 8,99 euros or something. :hmpf:

I have to agree, if they HAD to give us an Emmet it should have been a different one since  this one is so incredibly common and is almost identical to the Cloud Cuckoo palace one.

4 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

... or Emmet. Or both.

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I have to agree, if they HAD to give us an Emmet it should have been a different one since  this one is so incredibly common and is almost identical to the Cloud Cuckoo palace one.

How great would it have been to get Emmet with the smudged “stubble” on his face?? I agree; an exclusive variant would’ve made this pack that much more attractive. 

11 hours ago, Venefic said:

The box art does show the new colour, but definitely not to this extent. There is a lot of this coral colour!

Also, from that same review, here's a single image overlook at other recolors that set offers...

lego-70828_Pop-Up_Party-Bus_IMG_2916.jpg

...and an overlook at all the new molds it debuted:

lego-70828_Pop-Up_Party-Bus_IMG_2918.jpg

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

How great would it have been to get Emmet with the smudged “stubble” on his face?? I agree; an exclusive variant would’ve made this pack that much more attractive. 

Amen to that! It must be released eventually, right? Just like tin foil Emmet in Benny's Spaceship x3. :wink:

53 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Amen to that! It must be released eventually, right? Just like tin foil Emmet in Benny's Spaceship x3. :wink:

Considering that scene seems to take place IN the Systar System, it would not surprise me if it appears in a summer set depicting scenes from later in the movie (perhaps a castle for Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi or something like that).

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I rather have another baby in the pack instead of the female character

10 hours ago, Brick Dangerous said:

... or Emmet. Or both.

Exactly.

A shame Emmet comes with that pack...I wonder why they didn’t mimic the Batman Movie one, it came with all exclusives. Bummer. 

8 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

A shame Emmet comes with that pack...I wonder why they didn’t mimic the Batman Movie one, it came with all exclusives. Bummer. 

It's possible that the Lego Batman Movie pack sold more poorly than anticipated due to NOT including a main character. I agree that for a collector it's a bummer (especially since it doesn't even seem to be a unique Emmet variant), but I wouldn't necessarily assume Lego didn't have a reason to opt for his inclusion.

36 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

Any idea what inspired the sewer babies?

I remarked elsewhere that they reminded me a little of the roving bands of teenage punks in some post-apoc or cyberpunk fiction, only taken to the utmost extreme. For the sake of this movie they also help to emphasize just how much of an exception Emmet is to literally everyone else being hardened and transformed by the invasion.