Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

45 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I have so far resisted my urge to buy Benny's Space Squad.  They were sold out at my LEGO store, but there were some at Target and Barnes & Noble.  I really want to buy it, but may instead buy the pink and white spacemen from it.  The more I think about it, the more I am put off by the yellow spaceman (I never liked the yellow ones because it looked weird with yellow flesh).  Also, the fact that the blue spaceman is Benny with all his scratches and breaks really irks me.  I feel like it's a great set with a great value, but I'd mostly just get 2 minifigures I would actually use out of it.  And if I want Benny, I'd prefer the CMF version with the toolbox and robot arm.

I really have to admit that I like the Apocalypseburg Scratchen-Post with all the cool cat prints.  The minifigure makes me want to see if there are Chima cat-person heads in yellow to use as a cat-person warrior woman.

I'm feeling the same way about Benny and the yellow spaceman, but the set is only 10 euros (or less in some places). I imagine the pink and white one will go for 3 euros each, so for the 4 remaining euros I'd rather get a printed CS slope, two extra figs and some other parts, then pay shipping costs. Btw, you could substitute the yellow head for a robotic or fleshy one. :classic:

As for the cat faces, you'll find the true human ones in CMFs Tiger Woman and Cat Costume Girl

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The dog (and giraffe) looks great!

The "cat" is so ugly that it hurt my eyes to look at it :wall:

One of my favourites in the series!

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

God I hope they will release that Apocalypseburg version of the Grandma Visitor!

I kind of get the feeling lots of people are gonna be especially disappointed with the minifigure choices once we see the film.

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Screenshot_3.png.a8bc4a0546e624270ce8b43e4a40a72e.png There's a Justice League shield in the Welcome To Apocalypseburg set!

...with the same font style as Synder's DCEU Justice League? :wacko:

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Then don't click on it? It's your own choice

6 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

As mentioned above you don't have to click, they are called spoiler tags it's what they were made for.

Hey hey hey I wasn’t blaming anyone, people used to use these for extra information as stated.

I hope we get some of the characters from the Apocalypsburg set in other sets. Its really good, but it's nust too expensive. A missed opportunity to add some to the TLM2 CMFs.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:06 AM, bondp99 said:

it looks like Benny will get a new spaceship TV spot "friends" at 0:10.

It can hold also a minidoll aka Balthazar.

If it is a set in the the summer wave I definitely want it.

20 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I'm feeling the same way about Benny and the yellow spaceman, but the set is only 10 euros (or less in some places). I imagine the pink and white one will go for 3 euros each, so for the 4 remaining euros I'd rather get a printed CS slope, two extra figs and some other parts, then pay shipping costs. Btw, you could substitute the yellow head for a robotic or fleshy one. :classic:

As for the cat faces, you'll find the true human ones in CMFs Tiger Woman and Cat Costume Girl

Good points all around.  Thanks for the tip on cat faces!

Hello, fellow Brickers. I have got a question. Does anybody here have the set 70825 Queen Whatevra's Build Whatever Box? I know it isn't very popular with most audiences, but i wondered, are the Queen's faces new pieces or are they already existing pieces just with new print? If they are already existing pieces, could you please send me a link to the piece's Bricklink page? If i get the set (and i'm planning to) i really want to print some decals to make my own faces for her, because you only get five expressions in the set and that isn't very useful for stop-motion. So if the piece used for her face is on Bricklink, i want to buy some for later use. Thank you for reading and if you respond, i'll be grateful.

@Fifulin: It‘s a new piece :wink: It‘s the brick equivalent of the good ol‘ 1x4x3 panel, so you should be able to use the latter as a replacement as long as there are bricks covering the hollow area (which is probably the reason they introduced the new brick counterpart in the first place)

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Fifulin: It‘s a new piece :wink: It‘s the brick equivalent of the good ol‘ 1x4x3 panel, so you should be able to use the latter as a replacement as long as there are bricks covering the hollow area (which is probably the reason they introduced the new brick counterpart in the first place)

Thank you a lot. I was really curious about this. :purrr:

I think this was mentioned before but in targets website they are selling a extra sticker roll for sweet mayhems ship. It comes with 36 extra stickers and costs $2.99

18 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think this was mentioned before but in targets website they are selling a extra sticker roll for sweet mayhems ship. It comes with 36 extra stickers and costs $2.99

I thought it was a Lego Store Exlcusive. Interesting to know, cheers. I wonder about the UK availablility (I don’t plan on buying it)...

Last Sunday, I finally found and bought the Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy set and the Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship at Target at 20% off after numerous unsuccessful attempts at finding TLM2 sets on shelves.  The Ultrakatty is a great build with the flexibility and alternate faces adding a lot of value for play and display, and the DUPLO Alien is fun as well.  Hopefully the polybag with the DUPLO Alien variant will show up at the stores so I can add a few more to the collection.  I got the Systar Starship with both the regular discount and $17 worth of gift cards used on top of that, which brought its price down to about $40.  At that kind of price range, I found the set well worth it, but it the build feels a bit small in-hand to completely justify the full price of $69.99.  I feel like the set could have benefited from having either a lower price point or a couple unique minifigures added.  But the build still looks amazing and is very detailed and playable, so I would still recommend it, though probably not at full price.  There are a number of other sets I plan on purchasing from this theme, and I am expecting a few that I ordered online to arrive any day now.  Overall a promising start to things.  Hopefully the quality of the builds continues into the second wave.

Right now online, for a lot of the 2019 sets.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

20 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Last Sunday, I finally found and bought the Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy set and the Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship at Target at 20% off after numerous unsuccessful attempts at finding TLM2 sets on shelves.  The Ultrakatty is a great build with the flexibility and alternate faces adding a lot of value for play and display, and the DUPLO Alien is fun as well.  Hopefully the polybag with the DUPLO Alien variant will show up at the stores so I can add a few more to the collection.  I got the Systar Starship with both the regular discount and $17 worth of gift cards used on top of that, which brought its price down to about $40.  At that kind of price range, I found the set well worth it, but it the build feels a bit small in-hand to completely justify the full price of $69.99.  I feel like the set could have benefited from having either a lower price point or a couple unique minifigures added.  But the build still looks amazing and is very detailed and playable, so I would still recommend it, though probably not at full price.  There are a number of other sets I plan on purchasing from this theme, and I am expecting a few that I ordered online to arrive any day now.  Overall a promising start to things.  Hopefully the quality of the builds continues into the second wave.

Yeah, I was confused by the $70 price tag as well, when the $50 set had even more pieces than it did(550 to the Starships 502). The ship is fairly small, so even with the bigger pieces that price seems too much. 

Edited by Vindicare

On 1/3/2019 at 7:05 AM, Robert8 said:

One might think this CMF series is meant to appeal girls more than usual

Bigger bags (similar to the Friends ones), purple color (similar to Friends), Unikitty is randomly there and there are whopping 4 female singers like for no reason at all

My daughter is a lot more interested in The Lego Movie sets we've seen so far than she has been with much Lego we've seen in the store  (She tends to like the animals. Dragons in Elves. Friends animals. And Minecraft Farm, etc scenes) But this one has her excited. Though so far her favorite set is Warrior Kitty.

(And I've got an older son/younger daughter with 4 year age difference, with the younger being the more creative Lego-builder -- so this movie is being eagerly looked forward to for many reasons.)

Edited by Sarah

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah, I was confused by the $70 price tag as well, when the $50 set had even more pieces than it did(550 to the Starships 502). The ship is fairly small, so even with the bigger pieces that price seems too much. 

Glad I wasn't the only one left perplexed. I was wondering if there was something else that I wasn't seeing. Kept going back and forth, 502 pieces, $70, 502 pieces.... $0.14 per piece. :enough:

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Glad I wasn't the only one left perplexed. I was wondering if there was something else that I wasn't seeing. Kept going back and forth, 502 pieces, $70, 502 pieces.... $0.14 per piece. :enough:

The only unordinary thing is that sticker roll...but that obviously can’t be it. Then if you look at the $70 set, Emmet’s Dream House, it has 706 pieces. Accounting for it probably having smaller pieces, that’s still a large gap in price for the two sets. It’s a mystery...

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

The only unordinary thing is that sticker roll...but that obviously can’t be it. Then if you look at the $70 set, Emmet’s Dream House, it has 706 pieces. Accounting for it probably having smaller pieces, that’s still a large gap in price for the two sets. It’s a mystery...

Emmet's Dream House has a lot of generic bricks of the same color.  Sweet Mayhem's Starship might be due to some pieces in different colors and maybe the fact that Sweet Mayhem herself has a large new mold for the minidoll.  I'm looking forward to pick up some of these soon as my walmart has almost all of them.  

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Emmet's Dream House has a lot of generic bricks of the same color.  Sweet Mayhem's Starship might be due to some pieces in different colors and maybe the fact that Sweet Mayhem herself has a large new mold for the minidoll.  I'm looking forward to pick up some of these soon as my walmart has almost all of them.  

Sweet Mayhem has quite a few new molds, including an amazing new hairpiece that I've swiped for my sigfig (need to get around to updating my avatar with it tonight), and her jetpack chest armor, which has removable upper wings (which can fold down), among other things, which could definitely be a factor.