Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

4 minutes ago, JamesBenjamin said:

How do you know there's "no reason at all" for the 4 female singers?

One of them is clearly Wildstyle before her life as a masterbuilder. The others are likely her band/other musicians from a flashback scene. We already know the Wildstyle figure is called "flashback wildstyle" for example.

Actually they're just Systar Civilians 

Hey, does anyone know if the goggles on the CMF Abe hat are printed or molded? I’m going out on a limb and saying they look molded. Given my name, you could see the obvious  reason I’d be interested. 

2 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

Hey, does anyone know if the goggles on the CMF Abe hat are printed or molded? I’m going out on a limb and saying they look molded. Given my name, you could see the obvious  reason I’d be interested. 

Molded

41 minutes ago, JamesBenjamin said:

How do you know there's "no reason at all" for the 4 female singers?

One of them is clearly Wildstyle before her life as a masterbuilder. The others are likely her band/other musicians from a flashback scene. We already know the Wildstyle figure is called "flashback wildstyle" for example.

I just took it as a dismissal of characters the poster didn’t personally like or have use for. Agree it’s arbitrary language, but this is the internet ?

17 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Don't you mean Gnaj?

Yes of course; my mistake.

The dog (and giraffe) looks great!

The "cat" is so ugly that it hurt my eyes to look at it :wall:

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I want this figure so much more now 

Same. I was gonna skip him since I have like 10 of him and don't care about the robot arm.

But dat toolbox...

35 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

But it's called Scarfield!

Haha, the only good thing about it if that is the case :grin:

5 hours ago, JamesBenjamin said:

So, does that mean Lucy was the hitmaker for Everything Is Awesome, hence her framed platinum record? *huh*

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

But it's called Scarfield!

Wait, the cat's name really is Scarfield?! :distressed: :head_back:

5 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Actually they're just Systar Civilians 

That's the trouble with Lego movies, you can interpret the sets any way you want, until the film comes along and leaves you with just one correct interpretation, stifling your creativity. 

Still, did anyone else notice the title on Lucy's gold disc? It could explain alot.

Well. In light of the title of that gold record, I'm willing to admit my theory that "Flashback Lucy" referring to the hooded one has been thoroughly debunked.

God I hope they will release that Apocalypseburg version of the Grandma Visitor!

Also an Apocalypseburg Knight? 

Also it seems Wonder Woman and Flash and Green Lantern live on Harmony Town "the eternally happy place"?  Hmmmm

Seeing Balthazar animated is really unsettling.... 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/kids/videos/the-lego-movie-2/everything-is-awesome-dance-together-music-video-the-lego-movie-2-music-video-fbcc61edb0b04f5e8f0ccd96eadae016

Edited by Robert8

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The "cat" is so ugly that it hurt my eyes to look at it :wall:

Agreed, but completionist like me are still going to get it. 

10 hours ago, J4ck said:

I hate these spoiler tags! I keep clicking on them thinking they co town extra information but turn out they are potential spoilers for TLM2 :cry_sad:

Thanks @Renny The Spaceman and @Digger of Bricks for your responses!

As mentioned above you don't have to click, they are called spoiler tags it's what they were made for.

According to promobricks.de, the D2C is going to be revealed today ...well, officially, that is :tongue: The release is supposedly Feb 1st with a VIP early access at mid-Jan :thumbup:

Spoiler

I have so far resisted my urge to buy Benny's Space Squad.  They were sold out at my LEGO store, but there were some at Target and Barnes & Noble.  I really want to buy it, but may instead buy the pink and white spacemen from it.  The more I think about it, the more I am put off by the yellow spaceman (I never liked the yellow ones because it looked weird with yellow flesh).  Also, the fact that the blue spaceman is Benny with all his scratches and breaks really irks me.  I feel like it's a great set with a great value, but I'd mostly just get 2 minifigures I would actually use out of it.  And if I want Benny, I'd prefer the CMF version with the toolbox and robot arm.

I really have to admit that I like the Apocalypseburg Scratchen-Post with all the cool cat prints.  The minifigure makes me want to see if there are Chima cat-person heads in yellow to use as a cat-person warrior woman.

Also, it seems that Flashback Lucy is going to be a part of the music group that wrote and performed Everything Is Awesome.  It's cool that they give a fun origin story to the song, and that they include the little group of musicians in the CMF.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Balthazar the sparkly vampire and that Bunny guy go about making our protagonists feel at home in a strange new world.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

According to promobricks.de, the D2C is going to be revealed today ...well, officially, that is :tongue: The release is supposedly Feb 1st with a VIP early access at mid-Jan :thumbup:

We already knew that from a LEGO Store employee, the VIP release is on January 12th