Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

11 minutes ago, bondp99 said:

it looks like Benny will get a new spaceship TV spot "friends" at 0:10.

It can hold also a minidoll aka Balthazar.

Looks like it's been disco-fied!

I must say that things are looking positive with Classic Space.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

"Doesn't come out in retail until March"? What makes you say that? Are the TLM2 sets not goin to be available here in Australia until March? Has this been confirmed? I'm going to the Melbourne Legoland Discovery Centre tomorrow in hopes of getting a couple of them, will I be wasting my time?

The movie is only coming out in March (while most of the world will be seeing it in February) and the Australian catalogue says March too so I would say don't make a special trip down to get sets....

The Australian catalog is the one linked back on Page 49 right? It only says the movie is coming out in March. The sets are still labeled as January releases while the Collectable Minifigures are due for release in February.

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

"Doesn't come out in retail until March"? What makes you say that? Are the TLM2 sets not goin to be available here in Australia until March? Has this been confirmed? I'm going to the Melbourne Legoland Discovery Centre tomorrow in hopes of getting a couple of them, will I be wasting my time?

I don't know about Melbourne Discovery Centre specifically, and that might be different because it's a certified store I believe, but BrickingAround's reporting on the retail catalogue is what tells me that the sets won't be out at regular Australian retailers for a while yet.

However for a set like Benny's Space Squad, it'll be just as satisfying getting that whenever I can, even if people elsewhere have had it for two months!

10 hours ago, leafan said:

Further to this, I've just noticed that if you look at the 3rd image down (the box art) on Amazon's UK site, this space fleet scene is represented in the background!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-70841-Bennys-Building-Construction/dp/B07FP6QNPX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546479830&sr=8-1&keywords=LEGO+70841

I am so hyped now. Hope it's not all for naught.

Oh my... :oh: ...how come none of us have noticed that before?!!! :oh3:

46 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

If you look closely you can see a CS logo on Benny's toolbox

image.png

Is that in the CMF or the Juniors fix it garage set or both?

Nice to see that TLM2 minifigure series has (again) pushed the envelope in terms of female figures. 9 out of 20 is a pretty decent showing, and easily the most equal of any series so far. Would have been nice if they put a female head in the giraffe or watermelon suit, for a straight 50/50 split... 

Will be interesting to see how the box distribution works out. Lately female figures have usually been less prevalent in numbers and distribution ... but if this is a straight '3 sets of 20 per box' that will be a radical difference overall.

Just now, williejm said:

Nice to see that TLM2 minifigure series has (again) pushed the envelope in terms of female figures. 9 out of 20 is a pretty decent showing, and easily the most equal of any series so far. Would have been nice if they put a female head in the giraffe or watermelon suit, for a straight 50/50 split... 

Will be interesting to see how the box distribution works out. Lately female figures have usually been less prevalent in numbers and distribution ... but if this is a straight '3 sets of 20 per box' that will be a radical difference overall.

Why would male/female have to be 50/50?! Why must everything be so politically correct these days?! Jeezz

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Why would male/female have to be 50/50?! Why must everything be so politically correct these days?! Jeezz

Oh last time I checked that was how the world worked.

1 minute ago, williejm said:

One might think this CMF series is meant to appeal girls more than usual

Bigger bags (similar to the Friends ones), purple color (similar to Friends), Unikitty is randomly there and there are whopping 4 female singers like for no reason at all

Just now, Robert8 said:

Makes sense though, doesn‘t it? Girls and boys playing together is the theme of the movie, which is reflected in the premise, character design, set selection and boxart  amongst other things :sweet: An (almost) 50/50 split in the CMF is very reasonable when considering that the film is supposed to appeal to boys and girls equally (which they‘ve balanced superbly in my opinion, none of the sets are overly girly or hyper-masculine and if they lean more in one of those direction, something else included in the set balances it out). 

I also agree with williejm, a 50/50 distribution is more realistic :wink: 

There's another brief scene of Benny's Spaceship during a battle at the link below. 17 second mark (again, strangely):

View it here.

Edited by leafan

20 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Just the CMF

1 minute ago, leafan said:

There's another brief scene of Benny's Spaceship during a battle at the link below. 17 second mark (again, strangely):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=17&v=u1qc60YnFpw

This is why I think this spaceship is gonna get a set before the others.

Also interestingly 

Spoiler

he's seen dogfighting Rex's Raptors in ships like the pod in the Rexplorer 

2 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Just the CMF

This is why I think this spaceship is gonna get a set before the others.

Also interestingly 

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting indeed. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the sets will be revealed on the 17th January. I base this on every Benny tidbit being found at the 17 seconds mark :wink:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

none of the sets are overly girly or hyper-masculine and if they lean more in one of those direction, something else included in the set balances it out). 

I think the Pop-Up bus, Introducing the Queen Whatevra and Unikitty's best Friends ever are the most "girly" sets. They almost feel like a Friends set but with fantasy characters. The Unikitty set is like those bakery Friends sets. And the Pop-up Bus reminds me of the Friends pop-star line.

On the oposite the Metalbeard set with Batman, Emmet and Benny garage and the Rex Dangervest ones are clearly aimed to boys

And some are a mixed bag... like The Systar Sistem Spaceship or Ultrakatty

34 minutes ago, J4ck said:

It's from the CMF I'm pretty sure.

10 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Also interestingly 

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmmm, that's seemingly yet another confirmation of a rumor regarding his character's role. Unless...

Spoiler

...neither Rex nor the Queen are villians exactly, as they're only representative of Finn and his sister's extreme tastes duking it out. :shrug_confused:

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmmm, that's seemingly yet another confirmation of a rumor regarding his character's role. Unless...

Hide contents

...neither Rex nor the Queen are villians exactly, as they're only representative of Finn and his sister's extreme tastes duking it out. :shrug_confused:

Spoiler

I sorta hope so because if Rex and Co represents the extremes of "Boyish" playing and the Systar System peeps represent "Girly" play if you make one the bad guy it sends the message that one of the ways of playing is "Right"

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

Just now, Renny The Spaceman said:
  Hide contents

I sorta hope so because if Rex and Co represents the extremes of "Boyish" playing and the Systar System peeps represent "Girly" play if you make one the bad guy it sends the message that one of the ways of playing is "Right"

Personally, I'm hoping...

Spoiler

...that the movie ends with Emmet diplomatically bringing the two sides to a common ground, as opposed to SysStar & Co. convincing Rex to come on over to the unicorn side of things, or vica versa. Honestly, that has to be the way it ends, as it seems like the most realistic resolution between Finn and his sister.

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Source: Promobricks

*lots of pics*

Some pretty good alternate face prints.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Source: Promobricks

49239556_2072448732812819_4445733700495212544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fsjo1-1.fna&oh=8cc24ac1aeac63604eee05149fc0efdd&oe=5C921848

I want this figure so much more now 

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, I'm hoping...

Hide contents

...that the movie ends with Emmet diplomatically bringing the two sides to a common ground, as opposed to SysStar & Co. convincing Rex to come on over to the unicorn side of things, or vica versa. Honestly, that has to be the way it ends, as it seems like the most realistic resolution between Finn and his sister.

Spoiler

Or maybe they realise both their sides are stupid and they all go to Benny's CS area because it's factually the best! :grin:

Also Pictures of the CMFs out of bag IRL show they are definitely double bagged but they also have spare pieces again!

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Bigger bags (similar to the Friends ones), purple color (similar to Friends), Unikitty is randomly there and there are whopping 4 female singers like for no reason at all

How do you know there's "no reason at all" for the 4 female singers?

One of them is clearly Wildstyle before her life as a masterbuilder. The others are likely her band/other musicians from a flashback scene. We already know the Wildstyle figure is called "flashback wildstyle" for example.