Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

I am liking what we see in the CMFs, hopefully the variety of accessories and such will make it possible to find which one you are getting as easily as previous CMFs.

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking as someone who was here for all fifty pages;

TL:DR; Lots hoped for, nothing confirmed or even rumoured yet. (But everyone hopes it'll happen all the same.)

If it's Classic Space you're interested in, you might want to look into getting Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! on the aftermarket. Although if the trailer is anything to judge by, Benny will, at least, get a new spaceship somewhere along the line.

Thank you, sir! I'll check in every now and again from now on to stay up to date.

I did look at Benny's Spaceship from the last movie, but it didn't seem "classic space" enough for me to commit to such a large set. The battle pack really hit me right where I needed to be hit, I suppose.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just dropping this here... :wink:

Interestingly, the other licensed themes (Disney, The Simpsons) all had the "Minifigures" branding... Never noticed that before :laugh:

Hmm I remember all these series having the minifigure logo on the bag.... This is some Mandela effect right here 

Thanks for clarify :classic:

-------------------

Group pic:

49482161_1439467109523697_7176334814776131584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fsjo1-1.fna&oh=0e87878710dd98f916eb797b9c839840&oe=5CD554A0

Edited by Robert8

Flashback Lucy, wow. We finally get to see what her life was like before she changed to Wildstyle.

And I really hope the minifigires are double bagged with the new packaging. Please no!

I hope in the summer wave we get nore plantinmals and more different duplo monsters. I know duplo has a good variety in a set, but I really like the brick built duplo monsters.

It'll be interesting to see if Dorothy has the mid-sized legs the HP Minifigure series introduced. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Spader said:

It'll be interesting to see if Dorothy has the mid-sized legs the HP Minifigure series introduced. 

Unfortunately not, she has regular legs.

I'm confused why they went with blue legs though (wonder if there's any other printing than the shoes). Hate the cloth skirts, really wish Lego would get rid of those.

Just now, strangely said:

Unfortunately not, she has regular legs.

I'm confused why they went with blue legs though (wonder if there's any other printing than the shoes). Hate the cloth skirts, really wish Lego would get rid of those.

Strange. Given that they rolled out the new design, I would've thought they would give it to someone, but apparently not. Blue legs don't make sense to me either given that they printed a skirt for her...........I may try out different legs on the minifigure when I get her.

17 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking as someone who was here for all fifty pages;

TL:DR; Lots hoped for, nothing confirmed or even rumoured yet. (But everyone hopes it'll happen all the same.)

If it's Classic Space you're interested in, you might want to look into getting Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! on the aftermarket. Although if the trailer is anything to judge by, Benny will, at least, get a new spaceship somewhere along the line.

Benny’s Space squad sold out on the first day of sales on S@H. Although nothing has been confirmed, it wouldn’t surprise me if Lego did a couple more sets.

12 hours ago, JamesBenjamin said:

Thank you, sir! I'll check in every now and again from now on to stay up to date.

I did look at Benny's Spaceship from the last movie, but it didn't seem "classic space" enough for me to commit to such a large set. The battle pack really hit me right where I needed to be hit, I suppose.

At the 17 second mark of this TV spot, a glimpse of something very much of interest to fans of Classic Space appears. It's just not a mere spaceship... :wink:

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

At the 17 second mark of this TV spot, a glimpse of something very much of interest to fans of Classic Space appears. It's just not a mere spaceship... :wink:

It's seven spaceships! (And a base or something

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

And they're just not in Blue/Grey/Trans-Yellow! :classic: But, the canopies they utilize appear to be part no. 4474, which may suggest they may not be made as upcoming sets. That is, unless they resurrect the mold with updated hinges. 

4474-33-48f3d77c-6d94-456a-a7ec-f098aa46af5a.jpg

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Benny’s Space squad sold out on the first day of sales on S@H. Although nothing has been confirmed, it wouldn’t surprise me if Lego did a couple more sets.

Wow.

Well, I'm on kiddo duty today so I might just go out and grab another before they're impossible to find.

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

those look really interesting for the next TLM2 wave

screencap.jpg

Wow, now we're talking the kind of spaceships I want.  The Systar ship and Rex ship are very impressive sets, but they're just not my cup of tea.  But this moonbase full of NCS rockets?  Awesome!  Too bad we didn't get sets for many interesting vehicles and locations from TLM, so there's no guarantee whatsoever that we'll get anything from this scene in set form.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

And they're just not in Blue/Grey/Trans-Yellow! :classic: But, the canopies they utilize appear to be part no. 4474, which may suggest they may not be made as upcoming sets. That is, unless they resurrect the mold with updated hinges. 

Sadly I doubt we'll get that spaceship, the more likely bets are the crystal Spaceship Benny flies in that TV spot ,the base and some smaller Ship/buggy for a Benny's space squad sister set given how well that set did and maybe one (Or at a push two) of these spaceships. If we got a spaceship from this scene they'd probably just do one that doesn't need out of print pieces

2 hours ago, JamesBenjamin said:

Wow.

Well, I'm on kiddo duty today so I might just go out and grab another before they're impossible to find.

That’s sounds like a very wise idea to me :laugh:

Just now, J4ck said:

That’s sounds like a very wise idea to me :laugh:

And they were sold out! But I picked up the emmet/benny garage set. And then thought to check the Target app and the target near my work had them in stock! So I did a "pick up in store order" for 2 more and I'm set.

Also the emmet/benny garage set is on sale at Target for $15.99 today (don't know how long it'll last) so if anyone is thinking about it, now's a good time.

Just now, JamesBenjamin said:

And they were sold out! But I picked up the emmet/benny garage set. And then thought to check the Target app and the target near my work had them in stock! So I did a "pick up in store order" for 2 more and I'm set.

Also the emmet/benny garage set is on sale at Target for $15.99 today (don't know how long it'll last) so if anyone is thinking about it, now's a good time.

Out of stock?! I feel like this is gonna be a repeating pattern :grin:

2 hours ago, bondp99 said:

those look really interesting for the next TLM2 wave

Hey, thanks for the screenshot! :thumbup: :sweet:

1 hour ago, icm said:

Wow, now we're talking the kind of spaceships I want.  The Systar ship and Rex ship are very impressive sets, but they're just not my cup of tea.  But this moonbase full of NCS rockets?  Awesome!  

Heh, I'd say those ships are straight-up Classic Space rather than Neo-Classic Space! Same can be said for the builds within Benny's Space Squad and Garage sets. :wink:

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

I hope it continues to do so, then hopefully we'll get more sets in the theme.

Also, people that say there is no market for Classic Space anymore would be proven wrong.

37 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Does anyone know when tehe D2C set will be out? 

Apparantly the set will be officially revealed this friday.

It will be released on January 12th for VIP's and February 1st for everyone else

Just now, leafan said:

I hope it continues to do so, then hopefully we'll get more sets in the theme.

Also, people that say there is no market for Classic Space anymore would be proven wrong.

More than just that, I hope it results in the introduction of a new Space theme six years after the fact.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Best I can tell, the ships on the far left and right actually use 32086, which is neither an actual Classic Space mold nor a current one. The nearest current equivalent is 28782, which is noticeably different. The windscreens of the ships in the background are harder to identify.

Did anybody see that Target.com has plushes/"buddy pillows" of some of the characters? Currently only listing Emmet, Unikitty, and Sweet Mayhem, but I saw at least one photo on Instagram from a brick-and-mortar Target store that had Lucy/Wyldstyle and Warrior Kitty as well! They're very cute!