Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

On the picture of Rex on the box and bag he has the same torso as the sets yet in the out of the bag image he's got his chest showing

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

Both things are happening. On the page with the minifigures, the presumed Disney CMF series 2 is announced. On another page, next to a close-up of General Mayhem, further LEGO Movie 2 playsets are announced for May.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Ohh those arent the same bags, right? 

These are bigger than usual

Probably because of Unikitty I guess

Looks to be about the same size as the Unikitty ones. It could be to accommodate the Unikitty figure, but perhaps this will be the bag for all CMF waves going forward?

"Contains one charakter" .... i guess lego doesn´t count this as cmf. It could also be a marketing move. The bag is bigger and Lego treats it as a different product, so it seems more reasonable for the random non-AFOL-consumer to buy one blindbag for that price, even if they get even more expensive...

No minifigures logo... I can't believe they changed the branding ot the theme and paid more for bigger bags just to include a generic Unikitty in the line :look:lego-movie2-71023-official3.jpg

Is not even an army builder, right? And Unikitty just had a whole wave for herself

Dude they really love this character...

And this point TLG has no excuse for no releasing a Centaur CMF.... since  they are even willing to change the bags to accommodate bigger pieces

Edited by Robert8

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

And this point TLG has no excuse for no releasing a Centaur CMF.... since  they are even willing to change the bags to accommodate bigger pieces

Oh, they'll think of something, though it'll be specious reasoning at best.

Take a look at the name of characters.........

Remix-Emmet

startklare Lucy

Apokalypse-Benny

Giraffen-Typ

Stift-Mädchen

Sherry Scratchen-Post & Scarfield

Hula Lula

Wassermelonen-Typ

Flashback-Lucy  

Sumpfmonster

Candy Rapper

golfspielender Präsident Business

Apokalypstadt-Abe

Westenfreund-Rex

Kitty Pop

Dorothy Gale & Toto

Der feige Löwe

Vogelscheuche

Blechmann

Einhorn-Kitty-Figur

lego-movie2-71023-official1.jpg

Double faces:

Emmet, the 3 pop singers (not sure about Flashback Lucy), Lincoln, Watermelon, Crayon and Giraffe

lego-movie2-71023-official2.jpg

I was wondering if they were going to start double-bagging like the Unikitty ones. If they did, it might make them a bit more difficult to suss out. They problem with the Unikitty ones was that there were no unique accessories/parts to guide you.

I would assume Einhorn-Kitty will be double-bagged, and thus the easiest to find IF they don't bag them all.

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Take a look at the name of characters.........

Flashback-Lucy  

It's the hood/goggles Lucy, because she narrates a flashback in that outfit. I'm guessing.

startklar translates as "ready" 

So, I'm guessing "startklare Lucy" is the hooded one

Edited by Robert8

Just now, notpennysboat said:

White baseplete ! :thumbup:

Didn't even notice that, heh. I don't use 'em anymore, but the different colors are pretty cool.

No minifigures logo... I can't believe they changed the brading ot the theme...

Just dropping this here... :wink:

71004-0.jpg?201311081058 71017-0.jpg?201612010739 71020-0.jpg?201712080841  71019-0.jpg?201707300604 71022-0.jpg?201807020321

Interestingly, the other licensed themes (Disney, The Simpsons) all had the "Minifigures" branding... Never noticed that before :laugh:

Edit: I think the reason for the that difference is the circumstance that the examples above are part of a theme while the regular series are their own theme. The Simpsons and Disney technically didn't have their own proper themes (just D2C sets) so it made sense for them to sport the "Minifigures" branding :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

No minifigures logo... I can't believe they changed the brading ot the theme and paid more for bigger bags just to include a generic Unikitty in the line :look:

That sucks, I certainly hope they don't stay this way

Is not even an army builder, right? And Unikitty just a whole wave for herself, Dude they really love this character...

I feel they're pushing Unikitty to hard, I'm sorta worried it's gonna become a costumed CMF Situation if they keep up this pace

Hey guys,

I've been gone a while, sold off most of my Lego about 5 years ago. Walked into my local Fred Meyer and they had the Lego Movie 2 sets out and Benny's Space Squad suckered me back in. I see there's a classic space ship in the garage set which I'll pick up whenever I see it, but I wanted to ask you guys if there are rumors of any other classic space themed sets coming with the next wave (presumably summer 2019)?

I went back a few pages but didn't want to scroll through 50 pages of thread...

Just now, JamesBenjamin said:

Hey guys,

I've been gone a while, sold off most of my Lego about 5 years ago. Walked into my local Fred Meyer and they had the Lego Movie 2 sets out and Benny's Space Squad suckered me back in. I see there's a classic space ship in the garage set which I'll pick up whenever I see it, but I wanted to ask you guys if there are rumors of any other classic space themed sets coming with the next wave (presumably summer 2019)?

I went back a few pages but didn't want to scroll through 50 pages of thread...

Speaking as someone who was here for all fifty pages;

TL:DR; Lots hoped for, nothing confirmed or even rumoured yet. (But everyone hopes it'll happen all the same.)

If it's Classic Space you're interested in, you might want to look into getting Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! on the aftermarket. Although if the trailer is anything to judge by, Benny will, at least, get a new spaceship somewhere along the line.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Interesting thing. In a new tv spot for  the Lego movie you see Apocalypse Gandalf. He seems to have a new hat with goggles mold

Which TV spot? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Which TV spot? :shrug_confused:

Don’t know exactly but it’s one with Harley Quinn saying it’s a suicide mission. Right before she says that you see a shot of people and Gandalf stands out

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Don’t know exactly but it’s one with Harley Quinn saying it’s a suicide mission. Right before she says that you see a shot of people and Gandalf stands out

Ah, that one! Thanks! :classic: