Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

12 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Good question! Probably a summer set at this stage. We’ve seen physical legal evidence of them so they’ll arrive at some point.

@Robert8 What’s this Rexcelsior? Do you have a pic of the book please?

It's the dark blue fist - shaped ship from Rex

On 12/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, Aanchir said:

It's not as though classic literary characters are all that unusual for a minifigures series. Just look at all the past classic book/movie inspired figs like the Series 1 Forestman (Robin Hood), Series 2 Vampire (Dracula), Series 4 Musketeer (The Three Musketeers) and Monster (Frankenstein), Series 5 Detective (Sherlock Holmes), Series 7 Jungle Boy (Tarzan), Series 9 Mr. Good and Evil (Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde), and Series 11 Barbarian (Conan).

And it's not like this series doesn't have plenty of figures who fit into categories we often see in non-licensed series. Besides its four classic literary figures (Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Woodsman, and Cowardly Lion), it's got three costume/mascot figures (Giraffe, Watermelon, and Crayon), four musician figures (Lucy and the unnamed singers and guitarist), a city/town figure (Emmet), a space figure (Benny), a sports figure (President Business), and a monster figure (Post-Apoc Swamp Monster). That's three fourths of the series! ...

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still think there is little diversity in this series, with 4 licensed figures, 4 musicians looking alike and 3 costumes. I understand others can like this series much more and I'm glad for them, but it doesn't change me being underwhelmed by the selection of this series.

About the Wizard of Oz figures: it's true they included classic literary characters before in the CMF series before, but here we get another licensed line-up, instead of LEGO's own interpretation of such characters, something I really liked before in the CMF series. I'm just not comfortable seeing regular yellow-skinned minifigures losing ground in the LEGO universe.

It's just a fact the CMF series are more about licensed and costumed characters nowadays, the last regular one was series 17 in may 2017.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It's the dark blue fist - shaped ship from Rex

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's this guy:

*insert image here*

Thanks guys! That looks amazing! Definitely bigger than the Rexplorer. £199.99? I know this is speculation but it’s bigger so it’ll have a bigger price tag.

The catalog is already out and people are getting it on their mails, so I guess we can post this here now. The official reveal will happen at any moment now

49028117_10156542446001858_7396956336900014080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fsjo1-1.fna&oh=6b030a07e366e51e25d2f52bc9cb4289&oe=5C9C0383

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I got one a few days back, and that definitely wasn't in it.

Looks like it's from the European catalog, I think.

I'm honestly starting to doubt 'Welcome to Apocalypseburg'' will get a VIP-release in January, if that was the case they should've announced it by now. But I guess surprises can happen...

12 hours ago, Wesley D said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still think there is little diversity in this series, with 4 licensed figures, 4 musicians looking alike and 3 costumes. I understand others can like this series much more and I'm glad for them, but it doesn't change me being underwhelmed by the selection of this series.

About the Wizard of Oz figures: it's true they included classic literary characters before in the CMF series before, but here we get another licensed line-up, instead of LEGO's own interpretation of such characters, something I really liked before in the CMF series. I'm just not comfortable seeing regular yellow-skinned minifigures losing ground in the LEGO universe. 

It's just a fact the CMF series are more about licensed and costumed characters nowadays, the last regular one was series 17 in may 2017.

I mean, it;'s not as though the Tin Woodsman, Cowardly Lion, or Scarecrow would have been yellow-skinned even in a non-licensed series unless they WERE designed as costumed characters (i.e. normal humans dressed as the Oz characters, rather than the characters themselves). So Dorothy is the only character in this series to vary from how she'd look in a non-licensed series as far as skin tone is concerned.

Also, I think it's confusing to frame your concern as "regular yellow-skinned minifigures losing ground" when The LEGO Ninjago Movie series (September 2017), Minifigures Series 18 (May 2018), and The LEGO Movie 2 series (February 2019) all featured "regular yellow-skinned minifigures". For that matter, The LEGO Ninjago Movie series was 100% the original creations of LEGO designers. Series 18 was 100% the original creations of LEGO designers and 30% non-costume characters. And now The LEGO Movie 2 series is 75% the original creations of LEGO designers. What does it really matter whether or not they were designed as movie tie-ins?

It's not like anybody has been complaining about the Classic Space minifigures from Benny's Space Squad not being real LEGO Space figures because they're from a licensed theme…

On 12/29/2018 at 3:45 AM, Renny The Spaceman said:

New TV spot shows a new spaceship for Benny

Here's much better look...

The catalog page seems to say Australia and New Zealand on the next page.  Anyways, thanks for sharing, they look great!  Looking forward to seeing more details in the official announcement to finalize my purchase plan.

Edited by x105Black

18 minutes ago, General Magma said:

"You'll be surprised"

Thoughts on what this could mean?

More than likely, it’s actually Disney series 2

6 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Are some of the legs actually flexible?

If that were the case, we’d have flexible legs years ago. Lego always does this in their CMF product pictures, don’t ask me why though.

1 hour ago, Bornin1980something said:

Will we get another TLM2 wave later in the 

Based on Legos marketing for the other lego movies, there will most likely be two more waves.

Is it just me or the something odd about Dorothy?

She almost looks like a knock-off

Ohh those arent the same bags, right? 

These are bigger than usual

Probably because of Unikitty I guess