Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Based on the info on the released books (vest friends, the Guide), these are my guesses for the summer wave

-The Rexcelsior 

-Rex and Emmet battle in Harmony Town

-Balthazar's Spa of Attitude Readjustment

-Queen Whatevra's Castle

I am down for all of those. 

Hopefully especially Whatevra's Castle. That would be epic. 

Though, considering the precedent set by the Ultimate Batmobile and Benny's Spaceship (Spaceship, SPACESHIP!) The Rexcelsior is probably a shoo-in for a D2C. 

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I am down for all of those. 

Hopefully especially Whatevra's Castle. That would be epic. 

Though, considering the precedent set by the Ultimate Batmobile and Benny's Spaceship (Spaceship, SPACESHIP!) The Rexcelsior is probably a shoo-in for a D2C. 

I think the Rexcelsior will just be a big set (like the SSS and UB were), and the castle will be the D2C (like the Sea Cow and Wayne Manor were).

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Based on the info on the released books (vest friends, the Guide), these are my guesses for the summer wave

-The Rexcelsior 

-Rex and Emmet battle in Harmony Town

-Balthazar's Spa for Attitude Readjustment

-Queen Whatevra's Castle

I hope the Rexcelsior becomes a set, If so I wonder the size and how many dinos it would include wouldn't mind 4 raptors lol from the trailer it seems he has a bunch of them in the ship. Hopefully if we get any kind of Harmony Town set it includes some of the houses or at least 2 reasonable size ones, and no doubt in my mind that Queen Whatevra's Castle will become a set but who knows it might not given we never got an Octan Tower (man how I wish we got one the size of Avengers Tower or even a little bigger) Regardless of what we get I can't wait for the future of the theme given how great of a first wave we got!

6 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I think the Rexcelsior will just be a big set (like the SSS and UB were), and the castle will be the D2C (like the Sea Cow and Wayne Manor were).

If there was a second D2C it would be the first for these Lego movies. I wouldn't necessarily expect it. After all, a $100–$150 price point would probably be sufficient to give us an impressive castle.

I'm also not sure whether it's realistic to expect the Rexcelsior at all, considering it seems to be set up as the biggest of Rex's vehicles and the Rexplorer is already pretty substantial. If anything I think we'd be more likely to get interior scenes from it, rather than the ship as a whole.

They should do a Classic Space base (if one shows up in the movie, and I'd like to assume they wouldn't miss out on such an opportunity. We do have Benny's squad, after all) with more neo-classic spacemen.
Red, Black and potentially some new colours would be most welcome! Though, I must say, while the aliens shown here are pretty cool, I'm still holding out hope that we'll see some minifig aliens as well, perhaps in classic style to go along with the classic spacemen.

18 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It's from 2014. Ultra Agents and NINJAGO started off with them. Been mostly in NINJAGO since, but showed up in the first Ant-Man set, and in some of the Ultimates from NEXO Knights.

Heh, thanks! I'm rather surprised I've overlooked it for all these years. :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

New TV spot shows a new spaceship for Benny

As you've shared over at the movie discussion...

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

If there was a second D2C it would be the first for these Lego movies.

Not Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks?

Just now, Blondie-Wan said:

Not Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks?

Docks wasn't a d2c, but a very large retail set

Was Balthazar hugging Benny there? *huh*

Hmmm in that case Balthazar might also come in that spaceship in the summer wave

Wishing I lived near a Lego store.  I am dying for these sets (TLM was what got me into Lego in the first place) but haven't seen any yet.  I ordered a few from shop@home and am feeling impatient for them.

43 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Was Balthazar hugging Benny there? *huh*

He looks more like he's doing that weird shoulder grab/massage thing cartoon characters do when manipulating people, no idea of the name of it

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

I've created a ranked list which lists all the current LEGO Movie 2 sets. You can vote on your favourite one by clicking the up arrow. It'll be interesting to see what people think the best first wave of The LEGO Movie 2 sets is. The good news is for those who can't decide, you may vote on more than one set! 

Here's the link for you to participate - https://www.playbuzz.com/item/380647e2-0e29-43ec-86ba-adc24bbe4446

Any feedback is also greatly appreciated.:excited:

21 hours ago, Johnmeel said:

Docks wasn't a d2c, but a very large retail set

Huh. Really? It’s at Walmart and Target and such, even with a selling point being that it connects to the previous one?

Either way, the retail classification isn’t really the point so much as it being a particularly large, expensive, super-detailed set along the same lines as Ninjago City, Joker Manor, and MetalBeard’s Sea Cow. I was just noting that it shows they have indeed been willing to do more than one such set from a given LEGO movie. That the second set might be sold more broadly than the first doesn’t contradict that.

So, when I was in Pittsburgh yesterday visiting my brother & his wife & kids, we stopped at Walmart real quick before I left & there were a bunch of LEGO Movie 2 sets om the shelves, so I got the Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi set & the Apocalypseburg Lucy polybag. 

There definitely are spoilers concerning a certain character on the back of the box for the Queen Watevera Wa'Nabi set, but all I have to say is this: 

Spoiler

I SOOOOOOOO hope that LEGO will make Gen. Mayhem's hair piece in blonde or brunette because I TOTALLY need it for my sig-fig!  It is sooooooooo cute!

3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Any idea of a set where sewer babies could be? ;)

Good question! Probably a summer set at this stage. We’ve seen physical legal evidence of them so they’ll arrive at some point.

@Robert8 What’s this Rexcelsior? Do you have a pic of the book please?