Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

7 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Do we know when the TLM2 CMF series will be out? 

I suspect alongside the movie's release.

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Have any plans for them by the way?

Three thoughts:

1. Deck out my extra copy of Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship with the squad
  2. See what I can build with multiple copies of these sets
  3. Go crazy building all kinds of Classic Space mocs with these guys as crew. We have enough trans yellow windscreens from recent sets (Batman for example) and the Classic Space printed slope, so we can basically make anything.

3 hours ago, danth said:

We have enough trans yellow windscreens from recent sets (Batman for example) and the Classic Space printed slope, so we can basically make anything.

Um, we can never have enough Trans-Yellow canopies! That is, until all currently existing canopy/windshield molds have been recolored in such... :devil:

12 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, we can never have enough Trans-Yellow canopies! That is, until all currently existing canopy/windshield molds have been recolored in such... :devil:

I thought that's what turmeric was for.

-Tohst

And so happy the new 'old' space helmets can easily be distinguished from the originals thanks to the large mold divot on top.  I mean, they look great but nobody is going to try to pass them off as an original with that obvious change.  But why, oh why, couldn't they have given us light bley air tanks for the front of the buggy?

-Tohst who with that statement is not looking a gift horse in the mouth so as complaining the horse has only been brushing and flossing but not using a water pik.

Just now, Tohst said:

And so happy the new 'old' space helmets can easily be distinguished from the originals thanks to the large mold divot on top.  I mean, they look great but nobody is going to try to pass them off as an original with that obvious change.  But why, oh why, couldn't they have given us light bley air tanks for the front of the buggy?

Well, along with Black, Bright Red, and Bright Blue, I'm also hoping we'll see the new helmet mold recolored in Green and Light Bluish Grey to complement our most recent additions to the Classic Space rooster. :classic:

23 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, along with Black, Bright Red, and Bright Blue, I'm also hoping we'll see the new helmet mold recolored in Green and Light Bluish Grey to complement our most recent additions to the Classic Space rooster. :classic:

And I didn't realize how much I wanted a classic space guy in orange until I looked at the pink suited guy through the trans-yellow Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP canopy.

-Tohst

New Elementary - LEGO® MOVIE 2 REVIEW: 70821 EMMET AND BENNY'S ‘BUILD AND FIX' WORKSHOP!

benny-spaceship-emmet-lego-movie-2.gif

10 minutes ago, Tohst said:

And I didn't realize how much I wanted a classic space guy in orange until I looked at the pink suited guy through the trans-yellow Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP canopy.

This was probably the closest thing we've to such a thing: Brickset - 3842 Lunar Command

85863pb013.png

Got ultrakatty built, looks awesome! only thing I dont like is the lack of ball joints on the ankles. You cant get it in a dynamic pose without it looking awkward which is super important for a set like this. Its easy to replace the ankle joints with mixel ball joints so im not sure why it wasnt included like that in the set

also, 1x5 bricks are now a thing, WTF

Edited by chezzymann

Here's our first look at Wyldstyle's CMF in the upcoming Series thanks to a poster:

BricksFanz - First Look At The LEGO Movie 2 Poster Collection

17415_lego_movie_2_-_dance_4x6.jpg

6 hours ago, chezzymann said:

...at two bricks high that is: New Elementary - LEGO® MOVIE 2 REVIEW: 70827 ULTRAKATTY & WARRIOR LUCY!

Brick%2B1x5x2.png

Edited by Digger of Bricks

7 hours ago, chezzymann said:

Got ultrakatty built, looks awesome! only thing I dont like is the lack of ball joints on the ankles. You cant get it in a dynamic pose without it looking awkward which is super important for a set like this. Its easy to replace the ankle joints with mixel ball joints so im not sure why it wasnt included like that in the set

Yeah, that 1x5 face brick vexes me. I wanted to use the blind bag Angry Kitty face on the Ultrakatty build. I guess I could add a red brick on either side, but I suspect it'll look pretty meh.

Edited by K_Tiger

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

This image from the review is just astonishing.

I'd like to know if this bracket-pack of Benny's is new, as I've never seen it before.

TLM2-70834-Set3847.jpg

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'd like to know if this bracket-pack of Benny's is new, as I've never seen it before.

It's from 2014. Ultra Agents and NINJAGO started off with them. Been mostly in NINJAGO since, but showed up in the first Ant-Man set, and in some of the Ultimates from NEXO Knights.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Same piece was used on Ultimate Beastmaster from Nexo Knights.

002.jpg

More  promo pics

46577250_1128965830603992_5677380856197763289_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com49771689_386070318603580_8308508977040103802_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com47582406_2501520033251724_8332359098893805694_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com47691657_2082356275137037_1842140382688523196_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com47581179_1906613319387174_3902634219195806226_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

All of a sudden, this movie has like a retro 80's synthwave theme going on :look:

Also those plantimals remind me of the Mixels. Am I the only one? Could a Mixel appear in the Systar System? 

I mean, Fabuland characters are there

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

All of a sudden, this movie has like a retro 80's synthwave theme going on :look:

That clinches it. The universe is officially conforming to my will. 

Listens to Mitch Murder

Based on the info on the released books (vest friends, the Guide), these are my guesses for the summer wave

-The Rexcelsior 

-Rex and Emmet battle in Harmony Town

-Balthazar's Spa for Attitude Readjustment

-Queen Whatevra's Castle

Edited by Robert8