Fenghuang0296

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part 2019 Set Discussion

2 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

The movie tie in CMFs aren’t standard CMFs, they’re supposed to contain characters from the movie. This movie seems to have basically two types of characters, wastelandera and Systar system people. So far, I’ve seen people complain about the lack of western, castle, pirate, etc. figs, but the thing is, those types of characters are most likely not in the movie, and this is a tie in series for the movie. Also, you need to remember that when these come out, the first movie will be five years old. A lot of kids who will be buying these won’t have figs from TLM to customize with. AFOLs and TFOLs don’t make up a large part of Lego’s customer base, so of course they’ll have characters like these, since younger children won’t have had a chance to get these characters. Also, they’re redesigned enough. Swamp dude’s torso isn’t similar to anything, Ms Scratching Post’s cat is unique, and Lincon’s interesting.

They could have put on or two of the generic wastelanders in the CMF series, and put the cat lady, stupid swamp thing or record girl in the D2C, or scattered them through the other TLM2 sets. Instead, they put all the characters that you would actually buy multiples of in the D2C.

They don't have to cater to AFOLs, but they could throw us a bone instead of specifically excluding EVERY wastelander from a set under $300 except the figbarf multi-leg, no helmet/mohawk, worst torso fig in the Metalbeard set.

New character shown on instagram, Balthazar the mini doll vampire who runs a day spa.

5 hours ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

The movie tie in CMFs aren’t standard CMFs, they’re supposed to contain characters from the movie.

Were this actually true I would agree with the rest of your statement, but the previous Lego Movie CMF lines have proven this isn't truly the case with loads of characters with maybe a millisecond of screen time, who can hardly be called "characters from the movie". The first LEGO Movie CMF could have had all Bricksburg inhabitants if it had wanted to, but LEGO created a varied lineup that could appeal to quite a range of interests. LEGO Batman Movie CMF 1 & 2 were basically treated as LEGO's chance to make DC superheroes series, so while those obviously might not appeal to people who don't care for the license, they wouldn't just appeal to people interested in The LEGO Batman Movie. The Ninjago Movie CMF also included an interesting mix of figures and types, many of which barely appeared in the film and if they did at all, only in the background.

Ultimately it's just plain weird that this series is so limited in scope, for lack of a better way of putting it. I wouldn't expect LEGO to include figures that have no tie to the movie at all, like say a mediaeval knight, but I'm still scratching my head as to why those colourful bandmembers take up four spots and why there are three costume figures after we just got a whole costume series. Of course I haven't seen the film so I don't know what else they could have chosen, but I'm still confident that plenty of the characters they did choose aren't all that essential to the movie.

I really hope Balthazar is in a wave 2 set, gotta have that hairpiece :wub: I also can’t help but love whoever came up with the idea to include a parody of Edward Cullen that brainwashes people into liking him and his cohorts :laugh_hard: 

I didn't notice before but there is a Fabuland character in the newest trailer:

Related image

*oh2*

What if they re release it in the summer wave?

On 12/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, Renny The Spaceman said:

Possibly the weirdest set I've seen in a while

There I fixed it for you :grin:

:grin:

Thanks @Digger of Bricks for the legal look at Abraham Lincoln. I’m glad they’re making a apocalyptic version of him! What’s interesting is his hat is now brown, presumable dual-moulded with his beard like lat time and now with goggles (which is awesome). I love the swamp creature as well. I wished the cat lady was in the D2C and we had Fuze in the CMF. Great cat mould though!

If this vampire guy was in Digger of Bricks’ spoiler box thing, can you guys put him in spoiler thing as well please. If he’s keeping it in a spoiler obviously it’s a spoiler, I don’t want the movie to spoiled for me. It’s not even out yet.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I didn't notice before but there is a Fabuland character in the newest trailer:

In the international "Space" trailer that is? At which point? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

Thanks @Digger of Bricks for the legal look at Abraham Lincoln. I’m glad they’re making a apocalyptic version of him! What’s interesting is his hat is now brown, presumable dual-moulded with his beard like last time and now with goggles (which is awesome).

Well, like I'd lamented earlier though, I just don't know why they had to give him a variant mold where its only difference is the goggles, as those could've been easily printed onto to previous mold. :def_shrug: 

Nonetheless, now that they've introduced such a mold, that's all the more reason that we should see a Steampunk archetype within a future CMS.

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

If this vampire guy was in Digger of Bricks’ spoiler box thing, can you guys put him in spoiler thing as well please. If he’s keeping it in a spoiler obviously it’s a spoiler, I don’t want the movie to spoiled for me. It’s not even out yet.

I'm not certain if it's warranted, but it was just a precaution. Besides, either way, putting him in the spoiler tag adds to the shock value! :devil_laugh:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Has anyone had luck finding these sets in stores today?  (They are street dated for today right?)  My daughter wanted to spend some xmas money today so we headed out to the stores this morning and there weren't any sets out anywhere we stopped.  No one seemed to know what we were talking about when we asked, either.

11 minutes ago, sithewok said:

Has anyone had luck finding these sets in stores today?  (They are street dated for today right?)  My daughter wanted to spend some xmas money today so we headed out to the stores this morning and there weren't any sets out anywhere we stopped.  No one seemed to know what we were talking about when we asked, either.

I checked a few stores earlier today, only one stocked the sets and even still they didn't have 70841,70822 or 70836

Here in the States, Walmart is still a week or more out from doing their winter reset/post-Christmas clearance, so picking them up there could be spotty. I'm gonna look while I'm out there, but I'm not expecting anything. Not sure what Target is gonna have, probably won't get out there this week at any rate.

3 hours ago, sithewok said:

Has anyone had luck finding these sets in stores today?

Over here in Belgium they were finally available in the store (they were in stock since last week). On some sets there were even some nice discounts already! I have bought Benny's Space Squad.

Do anyone know/presume when the "Welcome to Apocalypseburg" set will be available? I REALLY can`t wait to get my hands on it. Much more desired over the upcoming modular. :wub:

Are the new sets (not only tlm 2 ones) in the physical lego stores? Since they’re already available online.

47 minutes ago, Chilis said:

Do anyone know/presume when the "Welcome to Apocalypseburg" set will be available? I REALLY can`t wait to get my hands on it. Much more desired over the upcoming modular. :wub:

I read January for VIPs, February for the rest.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In the international "Space" trailer that is? At which point? :shrug_confused:

Here at 4:20

2 hours ago, Chilis said:

Public release on February 1st and VIP Early-Access somewhere in early january

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Here at 4:20

I never would have caught that in all the blurriness.

Thanks for sharing it here.

WOO HOO!!!

2018-12-26.jpg

Check your local Barnes & Nobles! They weren't on the shelves yet at my store so I asked an employee. He said they probably had them in back but they probably weren't allowed to sell them yet. I had to convince the guy there that they were indeed allowed to sell these sets as of today.

54 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Thanks for sharing it here.

Sure :thumbup:

Considering almost all the characters around the queen on that scene are going to be released, I wouldn't be surprised if Balthazar and the Fabuland character appear in the summer wave. 

But then again, Michelangelo from TLM was never released 

Also, that pic confirms Giraffe Guy has normal legs. 

I actually they were using the medium legs there to make the neck look longer

Also, Watermelon Guy and Crayon Girl have double faces

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Likewise... *huh* :wacko:

2 hours ago, danth said:

WOO HOO!!! 

SWEET!!! :grin: Have any plans for them by the way? :wink:

1 hour ago, obsidianheart said:

Benny's buddies are already backordered on-site.

Oh boy, and you know there's no way AFOLs are solely responsible for that demand. So..... :sweet: